Gospels and Kabbalah

For difficult to define queries.

ghawke2
Forum Member
Forum Member

Gospels and Kabbalah

Post by ghawke2 »

So, I have been reading bits about the Kabbalah and pondering the gospels and I was wondering if Jesus is a symbol of the "Middle Pillar/path." I'm still learning but if Mary represents the physical world that God joined with and since the material world and live are harsh, is she a symbol of the pillar of severity/strength on the Tree of Sephiroth? One of the sephirot notes judgement and it was said that Mary was made queen in heaven and had power over demons if one reads "City of God." Furthermore, if one does the prayer on the rosary, it is asking Mary to intecede via transmitting the prayer to God. Since Mary is feminine, as is binah which sits right below keter and across the abyss on the tree, it makes me wonder. On the other side, you have the Pillar of Mercy whereby Jesus is offering Gods mercy if one follows his path and the idea of the trinity being the revelation that in following Jesus's path, you are a manifestation of the "one thing" and can be reunited with it through an understanding that existence is both harsh while materially existing but also one of spirit as a manifestation of the "father."

As for Last Supper, does the wine represent the water principle (subconcious) in hermeticism and the bread the earth (material) wherby, through consuming both of them and understanding/mastering them you can create incredible changes to your existence by that understanding to manifest fire (will) and air (greater intelligence about the world)?

Anyway, just a thought but it seems that perhaps there is more hidden and kabbalistic facets to Christianity then thought.

Love to hear what you all think either way.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Gospels and Kabbalah

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

ghawke2 wrote:So, I have been reading bits about the Kabbalah and pondering the gospels and I was wondering if Jesus is a symbol of the "Middle Pillar/path." I'm still learning but if Mary represents the physical world that God joined with and since the material world and live are harsh, is she a symbol of the pillar of severity/strength on the Tree of Sephiroth? One of the sephirot notes judgement and it was said that Mary was made queen in heaven and had power over demons if one reads "City of God." Furthermore, if one does the prayer on the rosary, it is asking Mary to intecede via transmitting the prayer to God. Since Mary is feminine, as is binah which sits right below keter and across the abyss on the tree, it makes me wonder. On the other side, you have the Pillar of Mercy whereby Jesus is offering Gods mercy if one follows his path and the idea of the trinity being the revelation that in following Jesus's path, you are a manifestation of the "one thing" and can be reunited with it through an understanding that existence is both harsh while materially existing but also one of spirit as a manifestation of the "father."
When I first did my own tree of life in the sense of putting Godforms into the spheres my first shot at it had Christ Logos as described at the beginning of John in Chokmah, Isis-Sophia in Binah, Mary-Sophia in Daath
Christ Jesus in Tiphareth, the Holy Spirit in Yesod, and Mary of the bible in Malkuth.

A couple of the things that helped inform me on the feminine were reading up on the various Marian apparitions and meetings through history and focusing on Proverbs handling of Sophia as well as that of the book of Wisdom. The Marian apparitions, particularly at times where she was seen surrounded by and interacting with the kingdoms of nature, really seem to show the White Isis of nature. I'd have to figure Isis, Sophia, Mary, pretty much any goddess that you can think of as different conditionings and aspects of the same current. Said in the Golden Ass when Lucius meets her by the water that she's the Lady of 10,000 Names.

Also with Jesus - it's interesting to note that yes, the Y of the tetragrammaton is in Chokmah at the top of the pillar of mercy, yet Christ Jesus generally does sit best in Tiphareth and Tiphareth sits on the pillar of mildness (ie. the middle pillar).
ghawke2 wrote:As for Last Supper, does the wine represent the water principle (subconcious) in hermeticism and the bread the earth (material) wherby, through consuming both of them and understanding/mastering them you can create incredible changes to your existence by that understanding to manifest fire (will) and air (greater intelligence about the world)?
That I don't know. I know that I've read different theories on it but none of them made enough of an impression to stick to memory as an answer. Just like the cross is a world-wide symbol from pre-antiquity, just like the seven Elohim are as well, I'd strongly consider that the bread and wine as body and blood are of similar import although it may not be along a different line of mechanics than purely representing an elemental juncture.
ghawke2 wrote:Anyway, just a thought but it seems that perhaps there is more hidden and kabbalistic facets to Christianity then thought.
Growing up Catholic I'd say emphatically yes. There wouldn't be a Mary Queen of Heaven nor a communion of saints to offer up assistance in prayer to otherwise. Similarly Catholic iconography seems to be filled with elemental references, seven planets, and anytime you see Mary dressed in blue standing on top of a lunar crescent she's essentially been fused with Isis whether people looking at that realize it or not.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”