My first encounter with a witch

For difficult to define queries.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

My first encounter with a witch

Post by Haelos »

Don't know why, but I felt like telling this story.

Several years ago, I went to an amusement park with some of my family and their friends.
The man who would become my roomate for several years was with us on the trip, and most of my day was spent alone with him, wandering the park and riding roller coasters.

Halfway through our day, we (myself and my roomate) passed by a woman who was employed for the "gypsie" service the park ran. Pay a ticket, talk to a gypsie, you know the scam. We had originally passed the booth, because we weren't too interested in it.

The woman who walked by us had such an allure, I can't even begin to explain her in words. My roomate and I were stopped in our tracks in awe of this woman (the man I was with is gay, by the way. No attraction to women) and stared at her as she traveled back. She turned around, noticed out gaze, and gave us a sly little smile before continuing walking.
She was wearing a purple dress, not too overly adorned. A somewhat heavier-set woman too, with long dark colored hair. I can't remember any other details beyond her allure.

Her energy drew us to her, and we completely turned course to revisit her booth, which she was returning to.

There were several other "gypsies" who were working there, but most of them seemed like they were merely dressing the part. They didn't have the same je ne sais quoi that the other woman did.
We even decided to wait in line an hour to get a tarot reading by her, instead of any of the other "gypsies" that were around.

After an arduous wait and a handful of onlookers wondering why we were there, we made in into the womans booth to receive our readings.

I'd never been read before, and I'd never seen it done outside of movies at that point. My roomate was only barely accustomed to the occult, and I had only practiced basic meditation up to that point.

She read my roomate first, and then me. To be honest, I can't even remember what my reading was, because I spent most of my time staring at her and trying not to get caught about it.
Under normal circumstances, I can't imagine that I would find this woman very attractive. Even looking back, she has no discernible details that was worth my attraction to her.
She just had this energy and allure that made me unable to help myself in desiring a conversation with her, even if it was short lived and silent on my end.

I'm not sure if she was really a witch or not, but no normal human has the allure I was presented with when I saw her, and I've met a lot of beautiful women.
She was likely the only adept I've ever met.

This was an interesting experience, and something about today made me wish to share it. Perhaps because it was Autumn/Halloween time when it happened, all those years ago. Who knows.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: My first encounter with a witch

Post by cyberdemon »

That's a lovely story. I remember this one time a witch gave off so much energy that I was enthralled, until I realized that over half the energy she was putting out was energy she was leeching from others. It was quite dramatic.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

You met an Enchantress. They're hard to forget.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

hellebore
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by hellebore »

This story is delicious and it reminded me of the original Scottish meaning of the word 'glamour' (or 'gramarye')- to cast a spell of enchantment on someone, making them see something the spell-caster wished them to see. Hence the old expressions 'to cast a glamour' and 'to wear a cloak of glamour.'

ErebusNamtar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ErebusNamtar »

Great story, reminds me of somebody I know.
I have a friend like this and I purposefully stay out of contact with he for long periods. Cool-down periods. I'm quite a sucker for romance and fall in love easily which, combined with her energy, could actually happen despite knowing it'll never work.
Knowing where the initial "attraction" comes from makes it easier though. As soon as I'm out of range these feelings pass and I wonder what the heck is wrong with me. [lol]

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

Interesting story.

I may have met a witch or two, or maybe some people who told me they were witches but the memories really haven't stuck.

The one instance I do really remember, some ten years ago, was being in one of my general business classes back in college and a girl being in my class who I'm pretty certain was an adept or at least had the most obvious display of natural acumen that I can remember seeing. Back then I didn't have any particular beliefs nailed down, really didn't know a lot about this stuff or even believe in it but I remember she was incredibly attractive (no glamour needed), very quiet and intense and could talk with her eyes without saying much of anything, she dressed in black with the same kind of flair that you see psychics often use (it didn't stand too far out either because a lot of the other Russian and east European girls there dressed somewhat similarly), and I remembered seeing her on a few occasions in the main corridor between the classes (think open three-story mall type hallway) standing by the side of a railing and giving off what seemed like an invisible hurricane of energy - I'm some kind of clearing or blessing. I mean it was palpable. I've never seen that before or sense and similarly I'd see that alternation between super-fragility and supernova a bit like she was manually oscillating the scales. My best guess is that one of her relatives either had a family system or must have introduced her to Bardon before she was 10.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

For some practitioners, especially women, attraction work and the spinning of enchantments is the easiest, most powerful and most accessible form of magic.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Neko-phyte
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Neko-phyte »

hellebore wrote:This story is delicious and it reminded me of the original Scottish meaning of the word 'glamour' (or 'gramarye')- to cast a spell of enchantment on someone, making them see something the spell-caster wished them to see. Hence the old expressions 'to cast a glamour' and 'to wear a cloak of glamour.'
hmm y'know for all the various spells and rituals I've heard mentioned on this forum, this is the first thing that's made me sit there and think "damn, I really want to learn that."

Of course, not the first thing I will actually learn, but it would be nice to have that ability.

Haelos's story is quite lovely, I like it a lot :D

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”