How to lead a deceased soul from this plane?

For difficult to define queries.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

How to lead a deceased soul from this plane?

Post by Haelos »

I didn't know where to put this, and honestly, until a few moments ago, the memory had been somewhat repressed..

Recently, I was approached (in a very dramatic way) by what seemed to be the spirit of a deceased human. In all honestly, that's just what I felt, and I only "saw" a hand reaching to me from the darkness.

From everything I could gather about the situation, I was being approached to assist this nearby spirit for whatever purpose. The thing is, not only do not I not have the skills to do such a thing (leading them where they need to go), I don't even know where I would be going. I'd be more lost than them..

The only thing I could do is apologize to them, and their hand slowly slipped back into the darkness, at the same time, knocking me out of my trance.
I made a short prayer for a guide to help them pass on, and I ended up falling asleep nearly right after. At least, I can't remember any of the other meditation after that.

Really, I need to know what I could/should have done differently, and what skills I need to develop to really handle such a task. I've had very little experience with the otherworlds, and the entities I have contact with don't exactly give such detailed information, and in any notable amount.
I'm not sure that I could have held my trance, even if I'd wanted to. It was a powerful experience, and I'm surprised I could forget it until now.

Any assistance anyone can offer would be highly coveted. Thank you again for your time.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: How to lead a deceased soul from this plane?

Post by the_spiral »

If it made the difficult effort to contact you, you can and should help. One easy and safe thing you can do, without any necromantic experience needed, is petitioning toward the spirit's ascension. Light a white candle and place a bowl of fresh water beside it, offering them to the spirit for warmth and sustenance. They feed on the etheric energy of these offerings. Pray to any deity/guide you're currently working with, or simply focus your mental energy toward offering strength and guidance on its journey. Let the candle burn all the way out. Actually guiding it over is more complicated (and you'd need to contact it again to figure out what the deal is before deciding whether to do so) but even small gestures of kindness are appreciated. You should also keep your protection strong since these spirits don't always ride alone. Hope that helps a little.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

You might look towards the Tibetan Book of the Dead. I think this is what is used in Tibetan culture to lead the dead to their final resting place. It might have some relevant information in it.

As far as I know, all the monks do is recite the verses like a mantra, and the spirit of the deceased listens in for guidance. I'm sure the same thing could be done with Bible passages or the text of whatever religion is most common in your area.

But as for the spirit itself, you might want to try and find out why it is still here, what it thinks it's left undone or what it's still holding onto.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

corvidus wrote:You might look towards the Tibetan Book of the Dead. I think this is what is used in Tibetan culture to lead the dead to their final resting place. It might have some relevant information in it.
Not really, it's more about preparing yourself for death then helping others, but we can't be sure because there are no good translations of the many different versions of the book.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

Hmmm.. passages like this lead me to think it can be useful both ways:
[The Second Day]
Thereupon, through the power of anger, thou wilt beget fear and be startled at the dazzling white light and wilt [wish to] flee from it; thou wilt beget a feeling of fondness for the dull smoke-coloured light from Hell. Act then so that thou wilt not fear that bright, dazzling, transparent white light. Know it to be Wisdom. Put thy humble and earnest faith in it. That is the light of the grace of the Bhagavān Vajra-Sattva. Think, with faith, 'I will take refuge in it'; and pray.

That is the Bhagavān Vajra-Sattva coming to receive thee and to save thee from the fear and terror of the Bardo. Believe in it; for it is the hook of the rays of grace of Vajra-Sattva.

Be not fond of the dull, smoke-coloured light from Hell. That is the path which openeth out to receive thee because of the power of accumulated evil karma from violent anger. If thou be attracted by it, thou wilt fall into the Hell-Worlds; and, falling therein, thou wilt have to endure unbearable misery, whence there is not certain time of getting out. That being an interruption to obstruct thee on the Path of Liberation, look not at it; and avoid anger. Be not attracted by it; be not weak. Believe in the dazzling bright white light; [and] putting thy whole heart earnestly upon the Bhagavān Vajra-Sattva, pray thus:

'Alas! when wandering in the Sangsāra because of the power of violent anger,
On the radiant light-path of the Mirror-like Wisdom,
May [I, you] be led by the Bhagavān Vajra-Sattva,
May the Divine Mother Māmakī be [my, your] rear-guard;
May [I, you] be led safely across the fearful ambush of the Bardo;
And may [I, you] be placed in the state of the All-perfect Buddhahood.'

Praying thus, in intense humble faith, thou wilt merge, in rainbow light, into the heart of the Bhagavān Vajra-Sattva and obtain Buddhahood in the Sambhoga-Kāya, in the Eastern Realm called Pre-eminently Happy.
I agree though, that most translations won't capture the original language's ideas and intentions.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Okay, so this took some asking, and I may have been letting my brain interfere with the answers, but I'm going to share more elaborate details of this experience. Hopefully there are no repercussions for this.

First and foremost, per the advice given to my by the_spiral, I've begun working with Anubis. Before, the only Egyptian deity I'd had any experience with was Thoth, and beyond those two, I rarely have dealings with deities.

Very quickly in my invocations and prayers, Anubis started replying to me directly, albeit in a vague way. I have a strong inclination that my "trial period" had begun (ironically, on the same day as my birthday, and the proper moon phase for this kind of work) and Anubis was doing whatever it is he does to see if I'm worthy of being guided by Him.
I've invoked his presence almost every day since my birthday (which hasn't been long), and I've already learned a lot of things that he doesn't want me sharing with others'. Spells and the like.

It was during another session of meditation, shortly after I had grounded his invoked energy, I was simply sitting with a quiet mind, and the hand from the darkness appeared. It was very dramatic in how it happened, I couldn't see any other features of this entity, and I only sensed that it was my duty to try and lead it through the darkness.
I honestly felt like this was part of my test, and I needed to figure out how to handle that situation.

I somewhat panicked, in my mind, because I knew I was incapable of such a task. Even if I wanted to, I don't have the mental discipline to hold my trance like that.
That's when I said my prayer (to Anubis) asking for safe passage for the spirit. I also apologized directly to the spirit, trying to give it assurance that Anubis would do what it was asking of me, and a far better job no less.

Then, I was knocked out of my trance (as the arm disappeared) and I continued a light meditation for a few minutes until I fell asleep.

I was seriously debating whether I should share this much information, and I keep asking INPW in meditation if He's alright with it. I keep getting 'yes' back, so I really hope my brain isn't overpowering his answers in my desire to find assistance with this.

Also, he wanted me to tell those of you who work in his pantheon to look for hidden links between Anubis and his Brothers (other deities). There are correspondences that you can't see unless you're looking.
I have nowhere else to share this information.. Do with it what you will.

EDIT: I think, for some reason, I'm being led to become a torch-bearer, myself. I've never worked with the dead before. I had never planned on doing so. And now, I'm being forced to in a way I never would have expected. I used to banish ghosts.. Now I'm being told to help them.

Quite interesting how life can change so quickly.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Haelos wrote:Okay, so this took some asking, and I may have been letting my brain interfere with the answers, but I'm going to share more elaborate details of this experience. Hopefully there are no repercussions for this.

First and foremost, per the advice given to my by the_spiral, I've begun working with Anubis. Before, the only Egyptian deity I'd had any experience with was Thoth, and beyond those two, I rarely have dealings with deities.
Yes, I was wondering if that was a factor but didn't want to presume. Welcome to your new path. Anpu will guide you in this matter. I thought you might like this art image:
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

the_spiral wrote:
Haelos wrote:Okay, so this took some asking, and I may have been letting my brain interfere with the answers, but I'm going to share more elaborate details of this experience. Hopefully there are no repercussions for this.

Yes, I was wondering if that was a factor but didn't want to presume. Welcome to your new path. Anpu will guide you in this matter. I thought you might like this art image:

That's beautiful.
The entity in the background, that's uh.. Sekhbet? Or something.. I don't remember. I'm not super familiar with the rest of the pantheon, but I'm trying. I do, however, remember a crocodile God from my studies in school, way back in the day.

He's doing a lot, and I'm surprised how much understanding has come from some of the things I've been reading. I didn't think I'd understand a lick of that Tibetan book mentioned above, but so much of it made perfect sense, as though I was supposed to be reading it. I've been having a lot of "pieces fitting" moments, and it's been an intense learning experience for my life.

I have a cool photo you might like as well. It's actually one of my favorites, and I never quite understood how significant it would be to my life. Not as artful as yours, however.
I think this is someones art though, so don't use this for any promotional stuff, or anything like that. Basic freenet respect stuff. You know the deal.

EDIT: Sobek, my bad. I really should search before I write.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

Some Individuals remain after their passing by choice or luck, as is the way of the left hand path. I suggest pondering what they were trying to tell you.
Beloved of Set

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

...I think I'm going to have to be a death midwife..

I didn't know such a profession existed.

I need to intensely improve my journeying skills, in as little time as I can afford.

You all have been of tremendous help.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

I don't mean to keep adding uneeded posts, but I have something worthy of mention.

Most of the literature I've been finding details the dealings in the immediate time of death, and the dealings for souls who have declined to move on.
Obviously, these are important things, worthy of knowing.

However, I think I'm looking for something.. Deeper. (?)

Like was stated, most of these books seem to have a very high focus on prayer and speaking directly to the person after their death. Not in actually guiding them to the realms beyond the earth-sphere, where simply speaking no longer helps.

I guess to an extent, I can see what it wouldn't be needed, as the entities generally become friendlier as you move through higher spheres, but what happens when an undeserving person gets stuck moving to the lower spheres?
Sometimes, just the shock of death can do that to an uninitiated soul.

I don't know, I have a bit too much floating around right now. I just need somewhere to spew my thoughts.
Maybe I need to take a step back, or maybe I'm on the exact right path and I'm only doubting myself.
Whatever the case, it's going to be a rough couple of sleepless nights.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

I don't think banishing spirits Willy nilly is a well thought out idea. As I said, what if said spirit is there by choice?
Beloved of Set

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

The entity in the background, that's uh.. Sekhbet? Or something.. I don't remember. I'm not super familiar with the rest of the pantheon, but I'm trying. I do, however, remember a crocodile God from my studies in school, way back in the day.
Behind him is Ammut, the devourer of the dead. If you can understand the metaphysics of how she and Anpu/Anubis work together, so much will be answered. I'm still just learning myself. I've recently found some interesting connections between Ammut and Typhon. And some mythology claims having one's heart devoured by Ammut causes one to become a shade or a ghost. So that might be a good area for further research.

And please make sure to get some sleep and ground yourself. Working with the dead requires a clear mind and good health.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

the_spiral wrote:
Behind him is Ammut, the devourer of the dead. If you can understand the metaphysics of how she and Anpu/Anubis work together, so much will be answered. I'm still just learning myself. I've recently found some interesting connections between Ammut and Typhon. And some mythology claims having one's heart devoured by Ammut causes one to become a shade or a ghost. So that might be a good area for further research.

And please make sure to get some sleep and ground yourself. Working with the dead requires a clear mind and good health.

Yeah, I never knew what Ammut looked like before like, today.

I've been learning a lot of interesting things about the Egyptian mythology. Some things are really starting to make sense.

And yes, thank you. I've been doing my best to fit sleep and mundane life in, but I have so much I need to do.

(I have one last note; I think something is amiss with the Osirian myths. I'm not sure what, but I don't think Osiris is as benevolent as the latter myths make him out to be. Just my two-cents. It means nothing.)
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

I'm on mobile so if missed this in the tread I apologize, but did you find out why the spirit is still here?

I say this is because there might be a reason why they are still here. On top of this, do you know where they want or need to go? You don't want to do some ritual for them to move on when they have something they still need to do before truly moving on, nor do you want to send them to one plane when they want or should go to another.

Imagine you found someone on the side of the road. Are you just gonna grab them, stuff them into your car, and dump them off at a homeless shelter? What if they was waiting for someone to pick them up or part of the free litter clean up crew. What if they aren't homeless, but their car simply broke down. Or they are out running for exercise. They could just need a ride to school or home.

Sometimes investigation is needed before action.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Stukov wrote:I'm on mobile so if missed this in the tread I apologize, but did you find out why the spirit is still here?

I say this is because there might be a reason why they are still here. On top of this, do you know where they want or need to go? You don't want to do some ritual for them to move on when they have something they still need to do before truly moving on, nor do you want to send them to one plane when they want or should go to another.

Imagine you found someone on the side of the road. Are you just gonna grab them, stuff them into your car, and dump them off at a homeless shelter? What if they was waiting for someone to pick them up or part of the free litter clean up crew. What if they aren't homeless, but their car simply broke down. Or they are out running for exercise. They could just need a ride to school or home.

Sometimes investigation is needed before action.

I didn't, actually, as I haven't seen or heard from the spirit again since then. At least, not in a way that I would recognize.

I simply said a prayer to my patron God to help them pass where they need to safely. Hopefully, He did all the work from there.

I'll admit; I need a lot more study and skill in general to walk this path, and I am not ready for the things I have to do.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

An incomplete list of resources I've found that have assisted me with this matter
PDFs are your job to find:

http://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/upl ... e-Dead.pdf

http://www.perankhgroup.com/commandments.htm

http://www.lifebeyonddeath.org/assist-the-dying.html

http://www.psychopomps.org/index.html

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/143922 ... 1439229066

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/052021 ... 0520215338

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159179 ... 1591799430

http://redwheelweiser.com/downloads/shamanic_tools.pdf

http://cdr2.com/Dreamgates-Robert.Moss.pdf

There's a lot more, but I can't find everything, or don't have all the books bookmarked. This should be enough to get anyone else started. This thread is a tremendous wealth of knowledge.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”