uh oh

For difficult to define queries.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

uh oh

Post by cyberdemon »

American Journal of Modern Physics wrote:By using telescopes with concave lenses, known as Santilli telescopes (trademark and patent pending by the U.S. publicly traded company Thunder Energies Corporation), we review receding evidence for the apparent existence of antimatter galaxies, antimatter asteroids and antimatter cosmic rays. Independently from these astrophysical detections, we present for the first time evidence for the apparent existence of entities in our terrestrial environment that are solely visible via telescopes with concave lenses, while being invisible to our eyes and to conventional Galileo telescopes with convex lenses, which entities leave dark images in the background of digital cameras attached to the Santilli telescopes. These entities are here called Invisible Terrestrial Entities of the first kind (ITE - 1) or dark ITE. We then present, also for the first time, evidence for the apparent existence in our terrestrial environment of additional entities that are also visible to telescopes with concave lenses while being invisible to our eyes and to conventional telescopes with convex lenses, which entities leave bright images in the background of digital cameras. These additional entities are here called Invisible Terrestrial Entities of the second kind (ITE - 2) or bright ITE. It is pointed out that both types of entities generally move in the night sky over sensitive areas, and their behavior generally suggests unauthorized surveillance.
This paper has been motivated by the significance and diversification of the collected evidence, as well as available independent confirmations, that warrant systematic inspections of the sky over our sensitive civilian, industrial,
and military installations via telescopes with concave lenses, so as to detect possible unauthorized surveillance.
full paper: http://www.thunder-energies.com/docs/IT ... -15-15.pdf

express report: http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/6 ... s-on-Earth

in other words

uh oh
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: uh oh

Post by Nahemah »

Thunder Energies Corporation, an optics, nuclear physics and energy company, claims to have detected "invisible entities" living in Earth's atmosphere.

The corporation is run by controversial Harvard-educated Italian-American nuclear physicist Dr Ruggero Santilli.
I remain highly sceptical and the alarmist tone is the biggest clue. Fringe Science isn't always conspiracy nut related, so it's a rather unfair association he makes, calling himself such.

Peer reviews? Empirical confirmation?

Concave lenses, really?

I call shenanigans.

Corporation/ company: more alarm bells.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Nahemah wrote:
Thunder Energies Corporation, an optics, nuclear physics and energy company, claims to have detected "invisible entities" living in Earth's atmosphere.

The corporation is run by controversial Harvard-educated Italian-American nuclear physicist Dr Ruggero Santilli.
I remain highly sceptical and the alarmist tone is the biggest clue. Fringe Science isn't always conspiracy nut related, so it's a rather unfair association he makes, calling himself such.

Peer reviews? Empirical confirmation?

Concave lenses, really?

I call shenanigans.

Corporation/ company: more alarm bells.
that's the point of journals, no? it's the first that's ever come out. especially in an actual journal. peer reviews will follow (or won't, because nobody reviews peers anymore), but you can be sure this has some truth behind it.

i mean i'm controversial medical-college educated dr cyberdemon

so

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Its truly fascinating. All the energy that is around us all the time that we are(most of the time), oblivious to. Visible light is a very tiny portion of the Electromagnetic Spectrum. Cosmic rays, Gamma rays, X-Rays, Ultraviolet, Infra red, Micro, Visible light, Radio. This stuff is all around us, right now. We dont even know the entire spectrum. There are unknown things in there. This invisible phenomena, with the aid of a receiver can be manifested into a two dimensional image with sound. For our entertainment purposes. This is how some Magick works, but consciousness is the reciever. The Magician receiving theses hidden forces and manifesting them.

Its a way also for multiple types of existence to avoid conflict with one another.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Spida wrote:Its truly fascinating. All the energy that is around us all the time that we are(most of the time), oblivious to. Visible light is a very tiny portion of the Electromagnetic Spectrum. Cosmic rays, Gamma rays, X-Rays, Ultraviolet, Infra red, Micro, Visible light, Radio. This stuff is all around us, right now. We dont even know the entire spectrum. There are unknown things in there. This invisible phenomena, with the aid of a receiver can be manifested into a two dimensional image with sound. For our entertainment purposes. This is how some Magick works, but consciousness is the reciever. The Magician receiving theses hidden forces and manifesting them.
Maybe the last part was a little vague, but I think it's a damn good analogy that pertains to Magick so i'm gonna clarify:

We have the unseen forces that we know about. Such as micro waves, and radio waves, etc. These are proven to exist, and we use them pretty much everyday. They are all around us and undetectable by the five senses. Some, such as microwaves are used to transmit audio and video over the air. Your cell phone, or satellite dish receives and manifests these unseen forces. Either into just sound, or a two dimensional image with sound.

Now there are unseen forces that exist, that are also a part of the same EM Spectrum that WE DON'T know about. These are also all around us. Right now. The nature of these forces is very diverse, some are dangerous, some are subtle.

As Occultists, this is a subset of the forces we seek to work with and manifest.
The warnings about strong currents in Occult literature is not bullshit.
This is the extrapolation of an Occult Theory from a non-bullshit paradigm.
- No Bullshit

Cheers

ghawke2
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ghawke2 »

Done by shaking a cell phone.

http://imgur.com/a/K9AUg

Time lapse photography most likely.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

but you can be sure this has some truth behind it.

i mean i'm controversial medical-college educated dr cyberdemon

so
This looks suspiciously like an attempted argument from authority, dr cyberdemon.

https://scholarlyoa.com/2013/10/15/myst ... -journals/

Ahem...I'm not at all sure of it's veracity, actually.
Mysterious Publisher Launches with 44 Journals
ddd
Not an original name.
I received several tips recently about a large, new open-access publisher called Open Science. I have added this publisher to my list and recommend that researchers ignore the spam they are likely to receive – sooner or later – from this publisher.

The two main problems with this publisher that I observe are deceit and lack of transparency. In terms of deceit, this publisher tries to make prospective authors and readers believe that it is based on Park Avenue in New York. The address it gives there is that of a mail-forwarding service.

dddd
Park Avenue? Not likely.
We are left with no information about the true location of this publisher and why it wants to hide the true location. Also, the site gives no phone number, despite its invitation to call.

There is no information about who the true owners of this publishing operation are or where they are based. The site gives no hint of this information — it is cleverly concealed. If you can figure out where Open Science is based, please let me know. This publisher is not transparent; it leaves visitors to the site with lots of questions.

This is the third new open-access publisher I’ve seen in the past two weeks that has launched with a large fleet of journals with many of the titles starting with “American Journal of ….” The other two were Congress Press, which I wrote about last week, and American Scientific Research Journals, which I added to my list recently but didn’t write about.

Now there are likely more “American Journals” outside of America than in it.

Here are some other issues I observe with this publisher:

It is accepting article and book submissions even though none of the 44 journals has any editorial board members yet.
It uses lofty language to promote itself: “Open Science is an independent, open access publisher and unique cultural institution. We promote widespread awareness and boundary-breaking ideas. Through our well-crafted books, journals, public events, and innovative outreach programs we are building a vibrant community of readers, writers, and thinkers.”
It is currently undertaking a major spam campaign, soliciting editorial board memberships.
It is simultaneously launching 44 new scholarly journals, most with broad scopes.
I will give the publisher credit for one thing: The English language on its site is quite good, with only a few trivial errors. This is different than most questionable publishers, who tend to have prominent grammatical and typographical errors on their sites.

Appendix: List of Open Science journals as of October 14, 2013:

American Journal of Biological Chemistry
American Journal of Biology and Life Sciences
American Journal of Business, Economics and Management
American Journal of Chemistry and Applications
American Journal of Chemistry and Materials Science
American Journal of Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing
American Journal of Computer Science and Engineering
American Journal of Earth Sciences
American Journal of Engineering, Technology and Society
American Journal of Environmental Engineering and Science
American Journal of Food Science and Nutrition Research
American Journal of Materials Science and Application
American Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Automation
American Journal of Modern Physics and Application
American Journal of Psychology and Behavioral Sciences
American Journal of Service Science and Management...
The author's credentials:

https://scholarlyoa.com/about/

Next...

Authors ceredentials:

http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/

http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=5607
American Journal of Modern Physics
Posted on March 7, 2013 by woit
This morning an e-mail came in from the “Science Publishing Group”, a call for “Editorial Board Members, Reviewers and Paper” for their open access journals, advertised as

Full peer review: All manuscripts submitted to our journals undergo double blind peer review.
Fast publication: Fast peer review process of papers within approximately one month of submission.

This included a special deal on the “Article Processing Charge”: $70 or $120 before May 15. I’ve been highly suspicious of all “author pays” open access schemes in math or physics, so I decided to check into what this one was. When I went to their web-site and looked at their list of journals, the first on the list that looked like it would have material in it I would know something about was the American Journal of Modern Physics. The first paper that showed up on the journal web-page was MSSM Neutral Higgs Production Cross Section Via Gluon Fusion and Bottom Quark Fusion at NNLO in QCD by Tetiana Obikhod, so I took a quick look at it.

It looked perfectly competent, but oddly it wasn’t on the arXiv, and the only papers by that author on the arXiv appeared to be some papers on F-theory and D-branes from 1997-98. A little bit of investigation quickly showed that much of the paper was plagiarized from elsewhere, including at least a 2003 paper by Harlander and Kilgore, Higgs boson production in bottom quark fusion at next-to-next-to-leading order and a 2011 paper by Bagnaschi et al. Higgs production via gluon fusion in the POWHEG approach in the SM and in the MSSM (neither of which are listed in the references)...

...It’s possible that I just got unlucky, that there was a problem only with the first of the papers I looked at, but this seems unlikely. I realize that this is a very obvious case of a journal with extremely low standards, run to make money off of the increasingly popular “author pays” model of financing journals, but I’m hoping that those that are trying to move high-quality journals to this model are seriously thinking through the issues involved. Just this month in the AMS Notices, there is discussion of a proposal to move two of the AMS journals in that direction. Yes, this is very different than AJMP, but there’s an argument to be made about the “author pays” model that it is best avoided, since it’s a good idea to keep academic and vanity publishing strictly separate endeavors.

And there will be more, much more coming soon, as I said, alarm bells ringing loudly. The journal has very shaky credentials so far and peer review of it's papers has begun in earnest.

Critical thinking most definately applies here.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I've never even heard of Thunder Energies. I noticed though after I read about them here they started coming up in my YouTube searches, or as recommended videos.

I've never heard of F-Theory either. I've heard of M-Theory. With the 4d spacetime + 6 calabi yau manifold + the spacially extended dimension called the brane. <-- The 11 dimension theory.

There is alot of BS out there. I don't read formal papers anyways. I prefer watching documentaries, and mindless videos.

EEHC
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EEHC »

Nahemah wrote:And there will be more, much more coming soon, as I said, alarm bells ringing loudly. The journal has very shaky credentials so far and peer review of it's papers has begun in earnest.
There's that and the fact that Santilli made some wild claims in the past. Like Steven Weinberg and a group of ''Jewish physicists'' suppressing his anti-relativistic views. I don't think we should dismiss his work out of hand but his blatant conspiratorial turn of mind makes it hard to take him very seriously on an academic level. I will need more evidence than a paper in a dubious 'science journal'.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

EEHC wrote:I will need more evidence than a paper in a dubious 'science journal'.
i just want a concave lens telescope right now

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

cyberdemon wrote:
EEHC wrote:I will need more evidence than a paper in a dubious 'science journal'.
I'd guess the images you see with it, if any. Would be ambiguous at best
But the anticipation might make it somewhat worthwhile.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Spida wrote:
cyberdemon wrote:
I'd guess the images you see with it, if any. Would be ambiguous at best
But the anticipation might make it somewhat worthwhile.
i'm gonna get a telescope and put a custom made concave lens in it

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”