Advice for spells that fall through?

For difficult to define queries.

TheoRies
Forum Member
Forum Member

Advice for spells that fall through?

Post by TheoRies »

Hi everyone.

I'm super-tired of trying to manifest results that create opportunities but no matter what stop there. I try and make use of the opportunities and automatially get stonewalled or they just crumble. It's been like this for years. I'm aware that it's most likely me that or some key thing I'm missing.

My question to everyone is: Have you experieced this and how did you overcome it?

Many thanks.

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Advice for spells that fall through?

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Motumbá Àse!

Divination. That's the key. Do some divination before casting or doing any ritual work so you might know how the outcome might be, you'll know the chances, etc. Doing magick without divination it's like throwing a dart in the dark, you don't actually know we're it'll go, you know it went somewhere, and even in the direction that you wanted, but it seldom land where you want it and as you want it. Do divination!

And, maybe, your whole method it's wrong, it's "not for you". Do you know what "Magickal Personality" is? When I figured that out, for me, it all came into place and became much "easier".

Saravá
Idansinají

TheoRies
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheoRies »

WillowDarkWytch wrote:Motumbá Àse!

Divination. That's the key. Do some divination before casting
Thanks, Willow.

What kind of divination do you find works best for this?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Tarot divination is classic.
But having some awareness of your own horoscope and planetary influences also helps.

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Desecrated wrote:Tarot divination is classic.
AGREE
Des wrote:But having some awareness of your own horoscope and planetary influences also helps.
That would be a way to check on the "Magickal Personality" thing I was talking about.

TheoRies
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheoRies »

Desecrated wrote:Tarot divination is classic.
That came to mind, but, I wasn't as accurate as I would like at reading.
Desecrated wrote:But having some awareness of your own horoscope and planetary influences also helps.
What books do you suggest I read about that?

Thanks for your suggestion, Desecrated.
WillowDarkWytch wrote:That would be a way to check on the "Magickal Personality" thing I was talking about.
Can you elaborate? I don't want to assume and be wrong.

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Magickal Personality would be something that some consider to be build by the person and other belive that is something more "karmic". I work with the latter.

"Magickal Personality" is what makes a witch being a WITCH and not a Magician, or the other way around. You are born (according to spiritual paths and astrology) with certain qualities, so in the matters of magick, this happens too. You are naturally drawned to certain type of rituals, that would be you "magickal personality" or "magick personality", whatever you want to call it.

When I told you that maybe the problem is your method it was because when you do things not according to your mag.pers., magick tends to be weaker or have less "push". But when you work according to your mag.pers. you get that extra oomph you needed.

For example, you were always told that ceremonial magick and evocation was the most powerful thing in magicks. You're more of a oriental meditative, creative visualization persona, but you want to try evocation. And you try and try and try. Even though you success, you don't get either sattisfied with the magick and maybe the result and effects (manifestation and development of ritual and objetive) are not quite as you expected. When you finally go and practice meditation and visualization, you realize that with one candle and one incense stick to get in the mood, you move more magick juice that in the entire time doing evocations. THAT'S your magick personality.

When you discover what are your "abilities" be ir more pasave-receptive, active-projective, healer, summoner, etc, you work on that skills along with the magick personality and the world (your world) becomes a brand new thing. It's not like all your problems go away but it's like you see things better, you understand them better.

With astrology you may see in which directions are your natural abilities pointing at and what would be the better method for you, even though the magickal personality you discover it by yourself.

This doesn't mean you do do or try other methods. A good, fine magickian, witch, etc, knows what s/he's doing. But nothing's like a magickal personality and be true to that. As I told you, everyone of us has it's own magickal personality and you can see it. There are chaotes, magickian, witches, everyone within their method is different too.

Check on your method and see if it's really fulfilling to you. Check on your planets, and see your abilities, your strengths and weaknesses.

TheoRies
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheoRies »

WillowDarkWytch wrote:Check on your planets, and see your abilities, your strengths and weaknesses.
Thanks for your insight. I would have guessed wrong after all

What's the best way to check?

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

TheoRies wrote:What books do you suggest I read about that?
http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 69&t=38292

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

WillowDarkWytch wrote:Magickal Personality would be something that some consider to be build by the person and other belive that is something more "karmic". I work with the latter.

"Magickal Personality" is what makes a witch being a WITCH and not a Magician, or the other way around. You are born (according to spiritual paths and astrology) with certain qualities, so in the matters of magick, this happens too. You are naturally drawned to certain type of rituals, that would be you "magickal personality" or "magick personality", whatever you want to call it.

When I told you that maybe the problem is your method it was because when you do things not according to your mag.pers., magick tends to be weaker or have less "push". But when you work according to your mag.pers. you get that extra oomph you needed.

For example, you were always told that ceremonial magick and evocation was the most powerful thing in magicks. You're more of a oriental meditative, creative visualization persona, but you want to try evocation. And you try and try and try. Even though you success, you don't get either sattisfied with the magick and maybe the result and effects (manifestation and development of ritual and objetive) are not quite as you expected. When you finally go and practice meditation and visualization, you realize that with one candle and one incense stick to get in the mood, you move more magick juice that in the entire time doing evocations. THAT'S your magick personality.

When you discover what are your "abilities" be ir more pasave-receptive, active-projective, healer, summoner, etc, you work on that skills along with the magick personality and the world (your world) becomes a brand new thing. It's not like all your problems go away but it's like you see things better, you understand them better.

With astrology you may see in which directions are your natural abilities pointing at and what would be the better method for you, even though the magickal personality you discover it by yourself.

This doesn't mean you do do or try other methods. A good, fine magickian, witch, etc, knows what s/he's doing. But nothing's like a magickal personality and be true to that. As I told you, everyone of us has it's own magickal personality and you can see it. There are chaotes, magickian, witches, everyone within their method is different too.

Check on your method and see if it's really fulfilling to you. Check on your planets, and see your abilities, your strengths and weaknesses.
You are giving valuable insights. I do not study astrology yet, however, I have a natal chart done by a friend. Can you tell me how should I extract my magickal personality from it?

TheoRies
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheoRies »

RockDemon wrote:
TheoRies wrote:What books do you suggest I read about that?
http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 69&t=38292
Thanks RockDemon. You're always spot on.

What's your advice for "Spells that fall through?" I've though I think all spells work that title was the only way I could get my meaning across.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

TheoRies wrote:Thanks RockDemon. You're always spot on.
Oh really? Thank you, I am flattered :D
TheoRies wrote:What's your advice for "Spells that fall through?" I've though I think all spells work that title was the only way I could get my meaning across.
I don't think you will like my advice, but since you asked it. Don't do spells, initiate yourself by some system and then go on. At least that is what I am doing.

TheoRies
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheoRies »

RockDemon wrote:Oh really?
Yes. I got a pretty good PM from you in July.
RockDemon wrote:Don't do spells, initiate yourself by some system and then go on. At least that is what I am doing.
I like sincerity so I'm happy with your advice. Can you share your reasoning or exp that it's based on?

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

TheoRies wrote:Yes. I got a pretty good PM from you in July.
I can't remember but I am really happy if I was able to help you in any way.
TheoRies wrote:I like sincerity so I'm happy with your advice. Can you share your reasoning or exp that it's based on?
The following may not be the case for you. Back a while that I was not into the occult so much and I weren't here in the forums, I was dabbling with Necronomicon spells. They usually worked but not exactly the way I wanted to. And then once I caused a great "destruction" in my life by a spell. Of course, there were many reasons for that. And then as came here after a while, I began self-initiating myself with Bardon's IIH. I understood a few things because of that. So many things I was doing magick, I could just do myself. In fact, for many cases, there is no need for magick. Magick is much more then casting spells in your crisis times. Also, the most time we don't know what we actually want to and what we need. This one is the primary problem of the spell casting I think. Finally, the most important thing the initiation is giving me, and I am working on that besides is the control of my life. You see no magick is going to help you, if you are not grounded properly with your feet on the earth, on the reality - Malkuth. For me, magick is about being a whole being, a complete being. If I am going to be a magician who has nothing to eat because of his magick practices then there is something wrong here.
I hope I am able to explain my thoughts good enough. It is really hard for me to explain now, since as you may know I am only, in the beginning, stages of the initiation. But to put this all in one sentence the way this initiation is changing me into the better I only in so little time is magick in itself.

wileychaote
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by wileychaote »

I'm an amateur, so don't take my words to heart, but I think there're two things you can consider:
1 work on bettering yourself as a person in a mundane way. For example, being more assertive so you can act on the opportunities better. or
2 try spells that are a little more specific so you know exactly what your gonna get.

That's what I'd do, because I imagine I'd do the same thing and have this problem.
WillowDarkWytch wrote: This doesn't mean you do do or try other methods. A good, fine magickian, witch, etc, knows what s/he's doing. But nothing's like a magickal personality and be true to that. As I told you, everyone of us has it's own magickal personality and you can see it. There are chaotes, magickian, witches, everyone within their method is different too.
This is all quite fascinating and, unless I'm misunderstanding, I couldn't agree more. Even though there are some things I have an affinity for, I'd still wanna master at least a few techniques I'm not so good at. Especially since, the way I understand it, being a chaote means exploring different magical personalities.

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

RockDemon wrote: You are giving valuable insights. I do not study astrology yet, however, I have a natal chart done by a friend. Can you tell me how should I extract my magickal personality from it?
Motumbá Àse!

You don't really extract your Magickal Personality (I'm gonna go on with magical without the K, it's confusing to write hehe) from your natal chart. From yoru natal chart you can see your abilitites, what's comfortable for you, what's easy for you, etc. So you would know, planetarily speaking, what is that you bring with you.

Your magical persona it's more like what your soul vibrates with. For me was afro drumms. I just fell in love and found my home. I'm also atracted to herbs, plants, powders, brews, etc. So my magical persona would be like an kitchen witch, a witch doctor/vodou priest or shaman. So it's kind of a mixture of all that what makes MY MAGICK STYLE, my magical personality. That doesn't mean that I don't study ceremonial and ritual magick, hermetics, esotericism and occult in general. Doesn't mean that I don't have experience with evocation or conjuring.

So, finding your magical personality should be like a self discovering journey of who you are magicaly speaking, and I bealive that's closer to your true self that the ordinary comon day you hehehe

For a long time I thought I was a ceremonial magician, I learn everything I had to learn, did , I believe, almost everything. Didn't feel that much fulfilled but I thought that was it, the rest was spiritual growth and stuff. I found ATR and fell in love. I couldn't resist it.

Be aware of what your soul tells you. Now in ATR I feel more powerful, internaly powerful, more in harmony with myself and nature, and all the occult knowledge I have I still apply it to my daily life. I'm not saying that ATR is THE way or anything like that, just saying that it is for me. You have to find your own, that might be close to ATR, to Shamanism, to indigenous or native spirituality, to good old European Ceremonial Magick, European Witchcraft, Ancient Ritual Magic... etc etc etc

If you give me your chart I could tell you how are your planets and what planetary energies are more easy to work with for you.

wileychaote
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by wileychaote »

WillowDarkWytch wrote: Be aware of what your soul tells you. Now in ATR I feel more powerful, internaly powerful, more in harmony with myself and nature, and all the occult knowledge I have I still apply it to my daily life. I'm not saying that ATR is THE way or anything like that, just saying that it is for me. You have to find your own, that might be close to ATR, to Shamanism, to indigenous or native spirituality, to good old European Ceremonial Magick, European Witchcraft, Ancient Ritual Magic... etc etc etc
I'm glad I didn't misunderstand you. And, if you don't mind my asking, what's ATR [question]

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Here is the chart Willow. You've already given me i teresting insights but I really would love to hear your commentaries about my chart.
rockdemon's astrology chart.docx
(133 KiB) Downloaded 220 times

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Motumbá Àse!

RockDemon, now I'm at work. When I get home I'll be checking your chart. You want me to post here or rather a PM answer?

Saravá!
Idansinají!

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”