memory musings

For difficult to define queries.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

memory musings

Post by cyberdemon »

one of my first ever brushes with the occult, i suppose. story time kids!

when i was around 15 (almost 10 years ago, wow) me and my mum & dad went on a three month long trip all over india. while there, we went to all sorts of shrines and temples all over the subcontinent-sized country. i mean.. out of all my trips there, i've visited nearly every part except south india.

anyway.

there was this one big temple somewhere. well. not just one. there were a bunch, around this one lake sized body of water in the middle of a city. we ended up sitting down with one of the priests there... for some reason, i guess mum & dad must've thought it was part of some sort of tourist attraction.

in retrospect, nah. priests there are pretty legit, and they're used to working spells and prayers for pilgrims who visit the place.

all i remember is that at some point during the priest's blabbering (i don't understand indian language) mum got really upset and dragged us all out. later on, as i got from her explanation, i realized; the priest was doing some sort of "passing on" ritual to pray for someone recently deceased (specifically, one of my parents' mother) and that he'd be accepting whatever offering my parents were willing to give to the temple.

anyway, 2 weeks after we got back from india, my dad's mother passed away. a few days after that, i overheard my mum saying that that temple was what catalyzed it, because when she was there she immediately realized her mistake and had thought that death was coming for one of their parents after all, etc.

in double retrospect, this makes me want to go check out shrines some more. but i've kind of taken up a personal vow to never revisit india again until at least i've seen a ton more of the rest of the world. i've only gotten eastern europe crossed out on that bucketlist so far.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: memory musings

Post by RockDemon »

cyberdemon wrote:anyway, 2 weeks after we got back from india, my dad's mother passed away. a few days after that, i overheard my mum saying that that temple was what catalyzed it, because when she was there she immediately realized her mistake and had thought that death was coming for one of their parents after all, etc.
Why would the temple catalyze it? I think it is more like she just was able to see the future with the help of the temple.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: memory musings

Post by cyberdemon »

RockDemon wrote:
cyberdemon wrote:anyway, 2 weeks after we got back from india, my dad's mother passed away. a few days after that, i overheard my mum saying that that temple was what catalyzed it, because when she was there she immediately realized her mistake and had thought that death was coming for one of their parents after all, etc.
Why would the temple catalyze it? I think it is more like she just was able to see the future with the help of the temple.
well, that's another way to look at it.. not a way i've looked at anyway. fresh perspective.
i'm just repeating what she said of her interpretation of the situation anyway.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”