Killing with Magick

For difficult to define queries.

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Killing with Magick

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

the_spiral wrote: So to me the question isn't if it's acceptable to kill, but when [...] Others make a distinction between killing that supports Life versus killing that destroys it. So it's okay to kill for survival or self-defense, but not for thrills or revenge.
I would be in that group, I think. Although I not going to "spit to th sky". It hasn't happen anything to me that could push me to kill for revenge, so I wouldn't say "Id never..." because it would not be true
But whatever stance you take on the issue, I don't think there's much difference between killing using magick and any other method of killing. Murder is murder. So if you believe it's wrong to kill people who harm you with a gun, I don't see why using a curse should be any different.
For me the only difference is jail (in some countries witchcraft is dealt with the law). I would use a gun for selfdeffense, ofcourse.
Haelos wrote:
The distinction I draw is between consciousness. Humans are conscious, and thus, there is no excuse for us killing another living creature. We can live without consuming animals, and we can consume from plants without killing them.
Having consciousness gives us responsability. I give you that. Living without consuming animals, it's relative to each person. You have a lot of scientific resourses saying that humans need animal protein, and a lot of scientific resourses saying the contrary... So I think it depends on each person. And as for "morals", it depends in everyones beliefs. Hinduism beliefs says that animals are sacred (or some animals at least). African cultures too. The difference is that for african culture animal came to feed us, so we should respect them and take care of them too, if needed.

For the "uncounsciousness", I have a similar thought. I think, as I said, consciousness comes with responsability. It's not the same that an animal kill another animal, for food, that we kill animals for food... Animals kill when they need, when they're hungry. We humans kill masively for money. THAT'S awefully wrong in my opinion. We shouldn't abuse, not just with animals, with trees, plants, water... humans abuse of EVERYTHING and that's acting "without consciousness"... but we have it and should act according to it.

Awure l'onan
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"Water which is too pure has no fish"
- form the Ts'ai Ken T'an

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Horny Goat wrote:WillowDarkWytch mentions knowing professional sorcerers who killed for money on behalf of clients. It is said that the client is karmically/spiritually responsible for the death but that's like saying a if a hitman kills a person they aren't to blame but the one who hired them was. What do you think.
I think that's FALSE. And people that actually belieaves that, I think they do just to feel better.

Being hired to kill by magics it's the same as to being hired to kill with a knife or a riffle. You're killing. So "Karma" would go to both, client and caster. The thing is that each one will "pay" according to his level of consciousness (spiritual awakening) and clearly if the client is spiritualy "dormant" is the caster who will pay WAY MORE HARSH, because he KNOWS. One always knows, a true witch/magician/sorcerer always knows when s/he has crossed the line.

As for "backlashes" (which in no sense are the whole karma though it might be part of it) it's different. A skilled witch/magician could "avoid" backlash (though not forever and sometimes it comes from other directions) but that's just because of his or her spirits "holding the ceiling" for him/her.
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"Water which is too pure has no fish"
- form the Ts'ai Ken T'an

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Haelos wrote:I was going to leave this be, but there have been too many good responses.

I'd like to point out that I do not agree that everything deserves life. I simply believe that humans shouldn't have the right to take it.
The distinction I draw is between consciousness. Humans are conscious, and thus, there is no excuse for us killing another living creature. We can live without consuming animals, and we can consume from plants without killing them.

Accidentally stepping on an ant is different. Most deaths that happen are result of 'unconsciousness.' I can't blame someone who didn't even know the ant was there in the first place.

Animals, on the other hand, are unconscious and primal, and are ruled by instinct and self-preservation. The same goes for any entity that isn't tetrapolar in nature. This beings don't even have the chance to think for themselves, as we do.

For humans, who can make (somewhat) rational decisions, I find there to be no excuse to take a life of any kind. All Death "deserves" to come naturally, through unconsciousness.
The word "deserve" is merely an anthropormorphic construct that should hardly be
used in a Divine Context. And the term "life" certainly qualifies since it transcends our
human existence via Divine pre-cursors.

So if something is alive, then that is part of the Divine configuration,
and humans have nothing to say about it. But they have free will, and
an ego fueled arrogance, that is their right by Divine origin also.
Hence the ability to take life. But not for reasons of mere survival, but also
of pleasure, or greed far exceeding any basic need.

And as far as animals being primal, ruled by instinct, and self preservation.
Have you taken a look at some of the greedy morons that hide behind Capitalism,
and run our government, well, all I have to say is that they must be animals in disguise.
I guess appearances are deceiving.

I apologize,
Cheers

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Craig
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Craig »

Agreed. How you kill is merely method. Who how and why you kill are subject to ethics

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”