'Fertility' in Mayan?

For difficult to define queries.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

'Fertility' in Mayan?

Post by Haelos »

I'm not sure if I'll get any help here, but apparently my Google-Fu is weakening, as I can't find anything to help me out here.

Can anyone figure out what "Fertility" is in the spoken Mayan language? Or "Fertile," or any other word/s that basically means "possessing the ability to bear life."?

I'm NOT looking for the Mayan deity of fertility. That is Ix Chel. I'm searching for the actual word.
If Ix Chel is synonymous with fertility, all fine and well, yet I don't think that's the case.

Any assistance or links would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: 'Fertility' in Mayan?

Post by Caerdon »

Checking all I could, and using alot of variations of fertility and different ways of using the definition to look for a word, I can only surmise that the Mayan Language is one of the languages that has not been fully transcribed into English, or even another language. I've found word lists and such, but they are woefully small and lacking. I don't think looking online will find you what you are looking for. However, there are spanish loan words, so perhaps using the spanish word for fertility can work for what you are wanting to do until you find the proper word or terminology?
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

After a bit of digging, I found two words you may be able to use in concert to describe what you want... in a rough way atleast :

ahpul. someone who carries or bears something
palil. children

So using what little I was able to guess at when looking at the Mayan sentence structure, you could say ; "U ahpul palil" which would translate to : "Someone who carries or bears children"

Or perhaps use the word "Zihnal" which translates to "Birth; a native", instead of "palil"

EDIT:
Here's the site I used to find the words btw:
http://whp.uoregon.edu/dictionaries/may ... pnloan=yes
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Caerdon wrote:After a bit of digging, I found two words you may be able to use in concert to describe what you want... in a rough way atleast :

ahpul. someone who carries or bears something
palil. children

So using what little I was able to guess at when looking at the Mayan sentence structure, you could say ; "U ahpul palil" which would translate to : "Someone who carries or bears children"

Or perhaps use the word "Zihnal" which translates to "Birth; a native", instead of "palil"

EDIT:
Here's the site I used to find the words btw:
http://whp.uoregon.edu/dictionaries/may ... pnloan=yes

Thanks Caerdon, this actually helps a lot!
As far as I know, we know less about how Mayan was spoken and read than we do about Sanskrit, the oldest written language on our planet. I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but you gave me some hints to look further.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Glad I could be of some help!

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”