[Question] The significance of Stars

For difficult to define queries.

Yeshai
Forum Member
Forum Member

[Question] The significance of Stars

Post by Yeshai »

A rather strange question.

My first teacher, who introduced me into the world of the "occult", and who has since died, told me the following story.
He was an adept at spirit travel/astral projection. He said once he journeyed to the end of the universe, and saw a star, cast way off from all the other stars. A great dragon was holding the star. He talked to the dragon, which told him that this was his punishment for his disobedience. My teacher likened the dragon to Lucifer, and his fall from Heaven. My teacher greatly opposed Christianity and the Bible, but firmly believed that it had "an ounce of truth".

I'm looking for books, links, or anything with information about stars being equated with actual beings. If such information exists.
Would love to hear someone elses input.

Thanks
Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: [Question] The significance of Stars

Post by fraterai »

I think pretty much every form of Astral magic (in the Medieval sense meaning starry/planetary magic) and old pagan religion personifies the stars and planets as beings, gods, people, named things, to a great extent, don't they?
Only right reflection and right meditation can free you - Ananda Metteya

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

It's not so strange, Yeshai.

There is a thread in the learning resources folder, with lots of Astrological and Astronomical information, that you might enjoy looking into.

Fixed stars and Behenian stars are a feature of some magickal systems, as are other Astrological and Astronomical qualities and personifications or corresponding deities/ intelligences. There is a lot of information on these and more around the forum.

Here are a few sources you might enjoy, drawn from the resource thread:

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aries_myth.html

https://solariapublications.com/2011/10/25/mul-apin/

Richard Hinckley Allen: Star Names — Their Lore and Meaning.

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/G ... /home.html

link to the thread:

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 57&t=36197
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

First thing that came to my mind is:

Star Names: Their Lore and Meaning
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Names-Their ... X5XFHBR7J3

Second thing was.
He did this while astral projection. I think what he saw represented is own inner christianity and his inability to deal with it.

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Desecrated wrote:First thing that came to my mind is:

Star Names: Their Lore and Meaning
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Names-Their ... X5XFHBR7J3

Second thing was.
He did this while astral projection. I think what he saw represented is own inner christianity and his inability to deal with it.
Oh. My. Lort!

Finally - what I have been looking for!

Uh~Yaeuh!

Thanks for the information yo. :3

I was rewatching some videos on YouTube about how we anthropomorphised the stars with elaborate myths.

And also talked about why almost all religions have a very very very similar story,
It's because it's all about the stars/heavens/planets - e.t.c.

I'm starting to think that we're somehow connected to them - and that's how most magick is probably accomplished.

So yeah - anyways - I was longing for this information and now here it is.

Sometimes I feel like y'all are hackers spying on my mind - but that is WAY improbable.

But still... It never ceases to blow my mind - how ever since I was just a kid,
I would have these amazing ideas - theories and predictions that was either way ahead of my time or... Just right about to come true down the line somewhere.

I always felt like I was being monitored or that I was somehow very empathetic - absorbing peoples best ideas. *which is also highly improbable.*,
Also - I noticed that whenever I wanted somethubg vital to my beliefs - it came t be through a meams usually indirect.

Thanks so much for this,
You don't know how much you've helped me.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Kurokami wrote:
And also talked about why almost all religions have a very very very similar story,
https://www.amazon.com/Constellation-My ... 0198716982

Sometimes I feel like y'all are hackers spying on my mind - but that is WAY improbable.
I would have these amazing ideas - theories and predictions that was either way ahead of my time or... Just right about to come true down the line somewhere.
Serendipity and synchronicity happens all the time when you start practicing magic. Or have a magical mind as a child.

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Desecrated wrote:
Kurokami wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Constellation-My ... 0198716982

Serendipity and synchronicity happens all the time when you start practicing magic. Or have a magical mind as a child.
Sweet! Thanks!

Next week I am going to order both of those books. :D
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

@ Kurokami: The full text of Hinckley Allen's book is in this link, I posted it above, earlier. You don't need to buy it so can save on outlay, unless of course you like to have real copies of books that is:
Richard Hinckley Allen: Star Names — Their Lore and Meaning.

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/G ... /home.html
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Yeshai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yeshai »

Thanks for the replies!
Very helpful
Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Nahemah wrote: You don't need to buy it
HOW DARE YOU!

One always needs to buy more books. Always.
[gz]

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

The typhonian and Setian traditions are very, very big on the use of stars. The big dipper, Draco, even pole stars in general were associated with Set in ancient times, with darkness in general as opposed to the sun. This is, indeed, the origin of such a dark lord. Levenda, Grant, Webb, Aquino, Flowers, all talk about such things. Most occult texts on Egypt will touch on these things as well.
Beloved of Set

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Hehe. xD

Thanks Nahemah!

And @Desecrated - Very true! Wish I had a library of lore in my own house. It would be a dream come true.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

|
Spoiler:

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Hadit wrote:The typhonian and Setian traditions are very, very big on the use of stars. The big dipper, Draco, even pole stars in general were associated with Set in ancient times, with darkness in general as opposed to the sun. This is, indeed, the origin of such a dark lord. Levenda, Grant, Webb, Aquino, Flowers, all talk about such things. Most occult texts on Egypt will touch on these things as well.
Is there any craft that teaches how to use the stars in some way to alter current events?

Or - what kind of magick is possible with the stars?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

|
Spoiler:

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Kurokami wrote: Is there any craft that teaches how to use the stars in some way to alter current events?
Planetary magic.
Or - what kind of magick is possible with the stars?
All of it.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”