What's the connection between kundalini and Ama archetypes?

For difficult to define queries.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

What's the connection between kundalini and Ama archetypes?

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

When I see goddesses related to kundalini they almost always seem in some ways to be Ama archetypes of some type - ie. Babalon, Kali, Lilith, etc..

Is there a particular connection between kundalini and the dark goddess archetype and if so why do you think its the case?

I have my own ideas and theories but I'm curious to see what some people with more time and experience think on the matter.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: What's the connection between kundalini and Ama archetyp

One thing I might add though - Babalon seems to be a bit of both very fertile mother on one hand and a rather Gotham City and Batman-like mystique on the other, so I get that she's a bit more Sophia-ish than the other two I mentioned but still she seems to still strike a similar chord in some ways.

PoisonPen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by PoisonPen »

I'm assuming you're referring to the dakinis, who are complex figures which partake of both the Shadow and the Anima. It's true that the Shadow is more usually associated with male energy (the Goetia, for example), at least in modern times, but dakinis are bit more subtle in that they represent the power of transformation. Dakinis take negative, Thanotic energy and transform it into positive, Erotic energy. That's their function. Female fertility has always had this dark, primal side to it in the human mind, as shown by all the associations of sowing and reaping with blood sacrifice both animal and human. It's tempting to fall into the trap of thinking of the male as aggressive, violent, dominant and the female as passive, gentle, and spiritual, but neither male nor female are wholly positive nor negative, and the positive of each balances the negative of the other: the tyrannical rule of the male is countered by the wise, crafty female, while the sinister oppression of the dark female mysteries is countered by the bright, sharp logic of the male. However, given the imbalance in our patriarchal culture, the focus on dakinis is especially strong as a counterbalancing equivalent drawing from female energy.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

I'll have to research dakinis a bit - first time I've heard that term.

What you said made a lot of sense, and I've gotten the impression that the kinds of deities I'm thinking of act as both arbiters of the serpent power and as initiatrixes along the path of return.

Part of why I think I might be getting along well with them - I'm both quite open minded when it comes to exploring magical possibilities for growth and also I'm in a situation of both a) having autism and being a long term single as well as b) coming from a family where most of my dad's brothers and sisters had upwards of seven kids. That last part has had me particularly wanting to take my prime directive and assimilate it to spiritual growth ends.

I'm still sort of stepping out blindly and fumbling through things, that is I haven't found a whole lot on the particular ground that I've been on. However I do see where I might be able to take work with various goddesses of this sort, or their tantrikas, and looking at a graded system like that of the A.'.A.'. as something I could use to bolster structure with that work. Last year was a particularly interesting year for this and I had a few weeks where I probably made more erotic digital art and hypnotic animations under guidance (somewhere in April in particular) than I have to date. I'm still not sure how far this can be taken however, ie. I'm still not an astral traveler or anything per say, but I'm very interested in seeing what kinds of energetic alchemy is possible when working with, as you put it, dakinis.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”