Hi, I'm not sure where to post this, some questions for you!

For difficult to define queries.

Magistra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hi, I'm not sure where to post this, some questions for you!

Post by Magistra »

(To clarify ahead of time since I've received some misunderstandings from individuals, I am looking for your particular answers which can only be provided by you, not textbook or general answers, I am not asking for 2+2=4 but rather how you might answer and say it in your own words)

I'm not sure where on the website to best post this, and though I am not entirely new to any information regarding the Occult or Esoteric topics, I have just joined the website and would like answers to be as thorough as possible and covering advanced understandings and explanations in such a way that generally anyone could come to understand.

Ask on all major occult forums how they believe:

How Magic works and by what Powers, Systems, Cosmology, or Means it works
What entities are and how they exist,
How Prayer Works
What blocks or makes it not work
What the various ethnic variations of magic have in common
What the various ethnic variations in magic don't have in common
What system works the best and why
What can be cut out of the systems where it still works, what is essential and what is the core of it that if done away with disables the whole efficacy of the magic
Shapeshifting and how real it can get and how it works
Is magic surface illusion or real and transformative of matter

Hello, I just joined this website (and many others) in order to ask a few questions pertaining to magic and its efficacy and most importantly your particular views on the topic. Your reply can conclude with any book reccomendations, pdf links, links to websites or articles that you agree with or whatever else you feel may assist in answering my question, but what I am really interested in are your own beliefs, understandings, and any experiences or the experiences of those close to you regarding the questions.

What I'd like to know from you (and each individual who answers, I'd like a complete answer if possible from each and it is all greatly appreciated, even if others answer similarly, please don't mind, I really want each person to say what they believe or understand or know in their own words if possible) is how you believe or understand magic to work, by what power(s), system/science, cosmology, or means does it work? What are the various understandings you've heard of and what is your understanding or which do you think is most true or most accurate?

I'd also like to know about entities or "spirits", in particular the non-human but also those believed to be human, as well as "planes" of existence or "dimensions" and your beliefs on any such cosmology, what these beings and places are, how they operate, what they can and can not do, and how they live and what the "rules" or "system" might be regarding these things, if you believe in any. Any dangers and a discussion on "evil" or even "negativity" is welcomed here as well and what your beliefs may be on that as well, also on the idea of "karma" and "retribution" or "things coming back".

Going back to the topic of "magic" and "magical acts", what "blocks" or "makes such acts not work"?

What do the various ethnic variations of magic and magical systems have in common?

What do the various ethnic variations of magic and magical systems not have in common and where and how do they differ and why?

What system in your opinion is the most effective and why?

What is essential to magic and what can be cut out of any system in order to deduce or establish what is absolutely essential and what is not essential at all for a magical act to still function or work or achieve its intended ends? What is essential and what is the core of magic and what would disable the whole magical act if it were missing or make it not work at all?

I'd like you to also tell me about "shapeshifting" and how "real" or evidential it can get or be, and how it functions and by what means it functions?

Similarly, is magic surface illusion or is it transformative of matter in a scientifically verifiable way in your view?

What are all the various views of how magic works and what is your view and what do you disregard and why do you disregard those other views?

If you have historical knowledge as well, what were the views of those in the past, and why, and how might you differ or agree with those understandings? In the case of history, it would be wonderful if links or writing which verifies or confirms the views is provided as the source of the idea being presented.

Thank you very much for answering all these questions, I really appreciate it. I am trying to gather as much information on these matters from forums where people may be interested in talking about these things at length. I will be reading everything, and feel free to email me at [email protected] if you do not wish to discuss these things on the forum or would like to contact me via email instead. Thank you again, and I look forward to reading your views on these matters!

Feel free to include in your answers or discussion anything about the following as well:

What is "good" or "the best" or should be sought and why?

What is "evil" or "the worst" or should be avoided and why?

What is "white magic" as compared to "black magic" and what are the consequences of either practice?

What is the "right hand path" as compared to the "left hand path"?

What is a God and what place does it have in magic?

What is the purpose of ritual as compared to "raw" magic and ow are both performed and in what way are they effective? By what means do they function and work?

What is a "Demon"?

In what way does an "entity" live, survive, empower itself, perpetuate, and die?

What is a Vampire?

What is a Werewolf?

What is Ahriman?

What role does Hermes play?

What is Odin?

What is Mercury (the God)?

What is "Astral Magic"?

What is the role of the "stars" and how were they used in magic and how can they be used in magic?

How does magical information reach and impact various objects and entities, what is its range and by what means does it travel or move if at all?

What role does "blood" play as well as "genetics"?

What role does "memory" play in magic?

What are the distinctions between "Soul" and "Spirit"?

What is a "soul" and its function?

What is "energy"?

What is "emotion" and its role in magic?

Is magic more effective consciously or subconsciously and how does it work?

Where do thoughts come from, and any additional information about the subconcious, especially related to magic and magical practice would be much appreciated.

What is a hypostasis?

What is "alchemy", its function, and how does it work?

What is "shamanism", its function, and how does it work?

What is the "self" and why is that considered the "self"?

What is "possession" and why is that considered "other"?

What are dreams and what role do they play in magic?

Where do dreams and thoughts exist and by what means can they be used to influence "reality" if any such distinction is made between dreams and realities?

Can you list all the things one can do or that you've heard of one doing or have done through magical means? What are all the powers and do they function by the same system or different systems? What are those systems and why do they work?

Please provide a clear picture of the magical world and the unseen through your understanding?

Finally, has anyone heard of or had any sorts of visions which they consider a time before their birth, where they have perceived themselves as some sort of amorphous blob with colored lights inside of themselves (multiple people have mentioned this to me), each of the lights representing a life and its quality and other blobs can meld together and mix their lights?

I understand this would be a long discussion, but I am hoping to gather lots of nice long answers and encourage some thorough discussion with as much detail as possible in order to get an idea of what the general concensus might be on these matters.

I am not looking for answers from textbooks or online dictionaries or websites. I have already studied everything that I'm asking about a great deal, exhausting a huge amount of texts for research and continue to do so, so I am particularly looking for individuals to think about these things and to see what they come up with for answers. I have asked similar questions on other sorts of websites, but since those websites were not specifically aimed at these sorts of topics, people did not have much to say on these matters.

Additional questions that I hope you can answer are from my notes on my phone and computer:

How do visual images work in magic?

What is the relevance or potency of blood, semen, orgasms, bodily fluids in magic and magical operations and philosophy?

How do magical trinkets, objects, talismans, charms, amulets, and other magical objects work?

What is qualifies something as a sigil and how do sigils work?

What is the caduceus and its relevance and use? What does it represent and how can it be made and used?

What is the relevance of the screscent moon, mon symbols, skull symbols, dark colors and black, horns, hornd hand symbols, goats, wings, crowns, hats, eyes, triangles, wands, rods, and any significant symbols which I have neglected to mention here (feel free to mention any important ones which come to mind and what they represent and their uses), and their magical uses and how they are put to use and by what means they work or are effective?

What is the importance of using genuine materials and ingredients in magical operations?Are they symbolic only or is there some importance to the actual materials, metals, woods, bones, furs, blood, or whatever else is used? How and why do they work?

What is the significance of blood, blood sacrifices, human sacrifices, sex, orgasm, inducing fear, anxiety, inducing trauma, torture, domination, soul eating, disease, storms, and their potency, importance, reality, and uses in magic? By what means do they work and how are they made ineffective or their efficacy null and void?

What are your views on fate and free will/free agency?
What are your views on being manipulated by thought forms, objects, spirits, or entities? Especially considering the nature of how thoughts seem to appear unconsciously, could it be that the magical object is manipulating, influencing, or controlling the so-called wielder, or a greater force manipulating multiple individuals and objects? If you believe this, can you explain how such things would be working and operating?

What made you believe in magic?

Thank you again for the effort you make in thoroughly answering these questions. Your replies are not only to me, but may remain on this website and help others who are curious about such things as well.

Many people on other websites tend to respond in very short terms, but I truly appreciate lengthy and thorough answers which hopefully cover in every detail all that I've asked as well as other things you may think I may be interested in learning or which may be important to study or understand (with specific attention given to what that importance may be as well).

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Hi, I'm not sure where to post this, some questions for

Post by Desecrated »

Way too much text and question to answer on a website. It would take a book or two to answer all that properly. Can you please make in into more then one thread and try to keep it within 5 questions per thread.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Yeaaaaah no way in hell I'm trying to answer all those questions. Trim it down a bit if you actually want people to reply :p
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

Yeah, maybe trim it down, or highlight what your main q's are. I'll be happy to answer after that.

Peace.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I've moved this to off topic occult for now.

This is really long and has too many questions for folk to answer at once. Like the others who've posted here, I'm not going to work my way through all of this, it would be simpler if you could break down these questions some more, or ask a few less questions,or stagger them over several posts etc.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

777Sloan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 777Sloan »

All is Consciousness. The respective degree in evolution of Consciousness relative a Soul, directly corresponds with the effectiveness of the spell or spell user.

Prayer, spells, meditation, and so forth, are various forms of concentrated Consciousness intending toward certain effect or absence of effect based on nature of intent.

Magistra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Magistra »

Thank you for all your responses. The questions to were to try to find anyone energetic and enthusiastic enough to provide answers sharing their opinions on each of those topics. The actual sequence of questions had relevance as well, and I would be happy to share my answers except that I did not wish to influence those who might respond first. The length also had the purpose of finding individuals who might bypass concerns about the length due to their passion and interest in sharing their ideas on those matters. The unwillingness to do so is also noteworthy and that has been the general response from most of those who have been exposed to this series of questions. Thank you again. If anyone is willing to answer them in order and in detail, please feel free to do so or contact me via [email protected] . What I'm looking for is your voice on these matters, which is something that I can not find through extensive research on the topics which I've already conducted and I am fully familiar with each.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

I'm willing to work WITH you, but not work FOR you. If you want some help: Chop it up into smaller pieces.
You have at least 3 members in this thread that are willing to help out. But you have to work with us a little to. Start a new thread with the top 5-6 questions. When you have satisfactory answers to that, you post the next 5-6 questions and we'll spend the next week or so working through it.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

^ What he said. I'm sorry, but you're just not going to find very many people who are willing to sit down and spend an entire afternoon answering questions for someone random on the internet who they might never hear from again, and those you find who are willing to do so are probably the last ones who's answers you want to pay too much attention to.

Divide it into reasonable sized chunks and give people some back and forth so that they know that you are as invested in the process as you're other people to be, and you might get somewhere.

Desecrated's idea of taking a few questions and posting them each week is a great one - it would spark a regular discussion where people can bounce ideas off eachother and let them evolve, without requiring a massive initial investment with potentially no payoff.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Daremo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daremo »

Ask on all major occult forums how they believe:
Sounds like a school research project to me. Its pretty long winded but many of the questions are repeated alot. Many of which can be answered accurately with generalizations despite the request for super accurate detailed information. For instance asking about all the magickal objects and their uses and purpose can be summed up as a whole since all magickal objects used in working essentially do the same thing, add their own unique energy and increase an individuals focus on the energy they are working with. An interplay of external and internal energy.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

I have just joined the website and would like answers to be as thorough as possible and covering advanced understandings and explanations in such a way that generally anyone could come to understand.
Fascinating level of entitlement coming to communities where no one knows you and you've contributed nothing to request an enormous contribution of time, energy, knowledge and education from strangers without offering anything in return or even bothering to introduce yourself. You do know teaching and writing books are paid professions, right? And that this forum has a "search" function which would provide you with a wide range of responses to all of these topics without demanding hours out of people's lives composing and submitting novel-length personal treatises for purposes unknown?

Nice little social experiment though.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Abyss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Abyss »

Giggle, that was really an interesting read. Reads like a test as you indicated a "school research project". Best of luck to you Daremo.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing,
Love is knowing I am everything,
and between the two my life moves.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj

Robin_Alexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Robin_Alexander »

Magistra wrote:Thank you for all your responses. The questions to were to try to find anyone energetic and enthusiastic enough to provide answers sharing their opinions on each of those topics. The actual sequence of questions had relevance as well, and I would be happy to share my answers except that I did not wish to influence those who might respond first. The length also had the purpose of finding individuals who might bypass concerns about the length due to their passion and interest in sharing their ideas on those matters. The unwillingness to do so is also noteworthy and that has been the general response from most of those who have been exposed to this series of questions. [...] What I'm looking for is your voice on these matters, which is something that I can not find through extensive research on the topics which I've already conducted and I am fully familiar with each.
I will be honest, my concern is similar to others . . . that you may be trying to 'cheat' some sort of college essay or dissertation by asking in the forum for essentially the entire essay to be written for you, which - if that is the case - I would warn you that many universities have significantly advanced programmes these days (essentially your essay is scanned against the web and published books, as it searches for plagiarism). If you're taking exact words/phrases from people on forums, there's a chance these programmes may catch it and you'll be caught.

I also think it somewhat offensive that you think the 'unwillingness' due to a lack of 'passion' or 'interest', as - from my short time here - I've only seen a wonderfully passionate community that is always happy to help others . . . the unwillingness here is because you're asking for at least an hour of typing, perhaps more should one wish to fully answer every question, and that's just not feasible . . .

. . . people have work, studies, social lives, data limits . . . to put in several hours worth of answers to a complete stranger, who - as it may stand - is looking to possible use those answers for self-gain or to cheat at assigned work -? It's somewhat taking the community for granted.

I'd also add, you'll be very lucky to find someone who can answer all of those questions, too . . . most people I know in the community are either a jack-of-all-trades or specialise in a few select areas, which means someone who knows all about werewolves might not know about the caduceus, for example . . . I know I could answer a few questions, but others would have me absolutely stumped or are about things I've never come across, and I'm sure I'm not the only person in the slightest.

Please take others' advice: post a few related questions at a time :)

Why is the specific order of questions important, too? Why can't you just search the forum for what others have already said for each question? Every reply to every post is the 'voice' of the person that posted such a reply, after all . . . in these things, we have to learn to help ourselves, as no one in this world will give us everything on a platter :) Just show some give and not just take, and you'll be amazed what people will give you back :)

mindsword
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by mindsword »

Magistra wrote:Thank you for all your responses. The questions to were to try to find anyone energetic and enthusiastic enough to provide answers sharing their opinions on each of those topics. The actual sequence of questions had relevance as well, and I would be happy to share my answers except that I did not wish to influence those who might respond first. The length also had the purpose of finding individuals who might bypass concerns about the length due to their passion and interest in sharing their ideas on those matters. The unwillingness to do so is also noteworthy and that has been the general response from most of those who have been exposed to this series of questions. Thank you again. If anyone is willing to answer them in order and in detail, please feel free to do so or contact me via [email protected] . What I'm looking for is your voice on these matters, which is something that I can not find through extensive research on the topics which I've already conducted and I am fully familiar with each.
Look, as much as i or anyone else would like to enlighten you as much as possible, i still haven't written a 100 chapter book on advanced esoterica in my life and i doubt most people, even on this forum, have. Even if they have, i doubt they'd be interested in doing it again because of a forum post. Please choose maximum 10-15 of the most important questions. Most of this can be answered by google, youtube, libraries and intuition if you are so damn motivated yourself. If you cant even be bothered to do at least SOME research yourself, don't except others to do it for you, that is not a matter of motivation that is a matter of weakness, needyness and wanting acceptance. That is my voice on this matter.

If the questions came one by one, or even 5 by 5 then you'd have a chance of getting answers. If you even DO however decide to do the research, I'll be happy to read the book.

I admit however that i kinda do want to go indepth on some of these questions as some of them do seem interesting, but it is like a days work and you will have to hire someone by the hour to actually do this........ It is just waaaaay to much to delve into....

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Holy hell that was a long read... And honestly I have no idea if it's even possible to answer all of that in a satisfactory manner in a single reply.

Honestly, I am more than willing to work with someone trying to approach this in something resembling a scientific way, however, I don't want to be sitting here answering more questions that will take longer to answer than alot of my college final exams, because atleast those had multiple choice instead of writing every answer down.
As Desecrated said, I'm willing to work WITH you, not FOR you. Unless you're paying, in which case I'm open to negotiations ;)

I might end up working on answers for these if I get time, as some of the questions are some I'd love to answer, but even then it may only be a few questions here and there, so if I do end up doing so, it probably would take a very long time to do so.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

It's not for a school project, more of a personal project it seems. He has another thread over on Wizard Forums. Things got relatively interesting when the initial arguments like here settled down, and a few people have actually answered some or most of the 60 questions he posted.

He's on an interesting track. 'Tis a shame he didn't pick more interesting questions., or he might have gained from this what he seems to seek.

~:Shin:~

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Motumbá Àse
Magistra wrote: Thank you for all your responses. The questions to were to try to find anyone energetic and enthusiastic enough to provide answers sharing their opinions on each of those topics. The actual sequence of questions had relevance as well, and I would be happy to share my answers except that I did not wish to influence those who might respond first. The length also had the purpose of finding individuals who might bypass concerns about the length due to their passion and interest in sharing their ideas on those matters. The unwillingness to do so is also noteworthy and that has been the general response from most of those who have been exposed to this series of questions. Thank you again. If anyone is willing to answer them in order and in detail, please feel free to do so or contact me via [email protected] . What I'm looking for is your voice on these matters, which is something that I can not find through extensive research on the topics which I've already conducted and I am fully familiar with each.
He wants all the answers and he wants them now, easy, without study or practice. AND he thinks he deserves it.

I won't answer ANYTHING even if he "chops it". Is not that he would DIE without my help/opinon, is just that I won't participate in that. I value what I have got to learn and lived through the occult and spirituality to give it up just because. This isn't even a discussion, he isn't participating, he's not questioning from doubt that jumps after practice and experiences, he just wants to gather info, see what "repeats", what the consensus is, and then get his "worthy" answer. And even "evaluate" our answers according to his post above, because "he has his answers except that I did not wish to influence those who might respond first", so... He's not participating in a discussion.
"The length also had the purpose of finding individuals who might bypass concerns about the length due to their passion and interest in sharing their ideas on those matters"
That's just rubbing our backs to make us feel good and gain from us. Being kind dosn't change tha fact that he wants the answers for free, being tp write a book, to profit of any kind or just to have he so damn complete Book of Shadows, he sits and waits.

That's in what I'm not participating. I'm willing to share with real practicioners, students, people in need. Not the lazy.

Sorry, we don't even know you. So, either you're some sort of "evaluator" which is disrespectful and arrogant, or you really don't know nothing and want to have the answers the easy, extremely easy way. Because when people knows about stuff and want to share opinions, they do answer and share THEIR point of view.

Saravá
Idansinají
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"Water which is too pure has no fish"
- form the Ts'ai Ken T'an

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

in so short of word start considering every every word in the dictionary is a sence power and angel behind it difficult at first though after many trials one can find it comical..
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

cactusjack543 wrote:in so short of word start considering every every word in the dictionary is a sence power and angel behind it difficult at first though after many trials one can find it comical..
I must be getting used to your replies as this one actually made sense to me [lol]
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Just so you all know this person has been banned from other communities for trolling and spamming. And also claims to be a non-human entity who is here to test humanity. So yeah...probably not worth responding.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

the_spiral wrote:Just so you all know this person has been banned from other communities for trolling and spamming. And also claims to be a non-human entity who is here to test humanity. So yeah...probably not worth responding.

I knew it
[gz]

LOL This guy was trying to "evaluate" us hahaha
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"Water which is too pure has no fish"
- form the Ts'ai Ken T'an

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

Next
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Next »

It's all Kundalini and there are no dangers

Blocks are attachment to the physical

Next
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Next »

What's so far-fetched about a non-human entity testing humanity?

You could say I'm doing the same thing...any hybrid should be able to identify with this

It's just another way of saying they're performing an exorcism and casting out resistance to spiritual unity (nondual perception)

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”