Things to do when you get sick (cold/flu)?

For difficult to define queries.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Things to do when you get sick (cold/flu)?

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

I had an interesting combination of events:

I got an impulse from a dream last night that brought me today toward scouring Youtube for sexual tantra exercises - one of the neater things I found was a guy's personal adaption on the lesser energy circuit, I think he was fusing it with Montaulk Chia. At the same time, being that I've got some kind of odd bug or other, I'm not particularly sure I want to try that one out today.

So....getting back on topic... a lot of us are pretty busy, no one likes getting sick, and in a way getting sick seems like a sign quite often that we let something slip in how we maintain ourselves. Sometime a bug or virus is just that mean that it could blast down anyone's guard but that's not usually the case.

The thing I'm wondering, is there any type of energy working that you guys recommend as a recalibration for when you get sick? I'm familiar with the AMORC positive/negative treatment approach but for some reason it seems to only gel with me in a limited way right now.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Things to do when you get sick (cold/flu)?

Post by Seabed »

I find that taking a bath is good and effective way to deal with colds and flu. The First important thing is that water must be really hot, hotter then your normal body temperature, but not so hot that you feel very uncomfortable. Prepare bath with normal water temperature and then add hot water until you find it's enough for you. It must raise your body temperature, that's the reason.
The Second important thing is salt. Put sea salt in larger quantity, but it's up to you how much you will put it. No rules.
Add some powder ginger (if you have sensitive skin, just one spoon, but you can add much more if you feel nice), few drops of lavender and eucalyptus oil and a piece of smokey quartz.
It's very important not to be disturbed and create relaxing atmosphere (candles are very good).
Relax, put your smokey quartz on your chest bone and visualize that everything unwanted is sucked form your body in your smokey quartz. Use breathing to connect with your crystal.
You are going to feel that your body is very hot and that you started sweating.
That's very good. When you stop feeling fine (after 15 minutes, more or less), stand up, take a bottle of room temperature salted water you already prepared and pour water over your head slowly. Do not take the shower. Use your imagination and try to feel that you remove traces of anything unwanted left. Go to bed, relax and you will continue sweating. That's good. Drink water, or tea with lemon and honey, more then usual, but not too much.
Prepare a lot of towels, you gonna need them.
If you don't have a smokey quartz, skip that, but salt and ginger are very important. If you have a smokey quartz that you really like, keep in mind that your quartz is quite likely going to be physically damaged.
After few hours, you can do it again, if you feel like.
Clean your smokey quartz with clean running water.
If you are familiar with invoking/banishing rituals, perform Netzach and Yesod banishing after taking a bath.
Last edited by Seabed on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only Lovers Left Alive

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

The best way of dealing with a cold is with herbs and plants,

BUT since you asked about energy work, I remember reading something about it in Michael Tse book about qigong. But I can't remember exactly what it is, but do a search for qigong and flu, hopefully something will show up.

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

You asked for a type of energy work. What I suggested is definitely not an energy work, so sorry. But, it's very effective.
Only Lovers Left Alive

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

TY

It probably is very good stuff, only downside is I don't have a tub that I can comfortably fit in. I'm sure this topic probably would have general interest though so I'm sure it'll be useful to someone.

The Qigong idea is interesting, and I could imagine if I used the chinese 9-chakra system that doing a meditation and mudra with Chu or Shen could be helpful.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Some energy work is dangerous when you're sick because your body isn't functioning in optimum performance. I especially advise against the intense practices like the Middle Pillar or the Microcosmic Orbit.

There are a lot of Qi Gong exercises developed specifically for sick people, including the Five Animal set. The modern versions of the Eight Brocades and the Six Sounds are simplified enough that you should be able to practice them while sick too. You can practice certain Yoga methods. Sun Salutation and Moon Salutation sets are good, especially with the corresponding mental and breathing exercises (though you might find it difficult to find those online). Yogiraj Siddhanath has a Surya Yoga practice that is good for solar healing, and he discusses and teaches the basics of it on his youtube channel last I checked.

There are also slightly more Western practices. You can practice Conscious Breathing from the IIH, inhaling health and exhaling sickness. You can take a Conscious Shower or a Ritual Shower, working with the Water Element to invoke healing energies while washing away the sickness - this may not seem like Energy Work, but it is when you use the Water Element. You can practice Forest Bathing, sitting outside in nature and letting the fresh ambient energy interact with you and charge you with healthy energy.

And of course, the correct esoteric use of plants and herbs is also a form of Energy Work, whether you are doing simple old school Craft or more complicated Alchemy. Plants are not just material things, they are living beings with their own energy and spirit as well. It is most certainly an exercise in energy work to construct an herbal tonic, tea, or similar medicine that is charged with healing energy to treat the patient on both a physical and metaphysical level. This is also done with minerals, using crystals and gemstones to make magically charged water or some other form of potion and such.

The most powerful treatment is the one most suitable to you. If you can practice Qi Gong and cleanse out all the miasma and heal yourself that way, go for it. If you can take a Ritual Shower, do it. If you can ritually grind some herbs and drink a magically charged tea, great.

And if you're able to do more than one such thing, why not? The sooner you heal, the sooner you can get back to doing more intense stuff.

~:Shin:~

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

I don't know about everything else posted here.

As long as it isn't aids or something like that, you csn pretty much banish this sickness using your mind alone.

Your solar plexus and stomach is weak.

You need to get more soul energy.

Yoir stomach is responsible for transferring anything *energetically* to your soul; the sun within the universe of your mind.

A lot of your inner people/dream characters are sick.

You need to get sunlight everyday and shower everyday as well as eating spicy foods and maybe smoking weed.

That way works for me.

Something else that works for me is taking the advanced way out.

Before I talked avoit falling asleep and killing my dream characters that were linked to the misbehavior I was seeing whilst lucid, I had done this naturally for a while. It is just when I finally monitored myself that I realized what was going on.

Within the universe of your mind, on your very own garden/earth, your dream charactersnare a mirror of your physical health.

Your dreamality is a reflection of your neural activity.

If you feel bad - your dream changes to match that feeling.

So it's obvious...

Kill the dream characters doing horrible things via a lucid dream or a themed dream and you'll wake up feeling better.

The germs are channelling their will through your body's electrical activity and are manifesting into your mind through your solar plexus / stomach.

If you take medicine to kill them - the nightmares stops.
If you take things into your own hands by killing the vessels of the germs responsible for your illness - the nightmare stops.

Your heart's mind is linked to the earth within the universe in you.
Your brain's mind is linked to the moon within the universe in you.
Your stomach's mind is linked to the sun within the universe in you.

How you feel alters how your inner people feel and vice versa.

When you get sick the germs enter your mind and find your earth and then try to possess someone of your dream characters to cause mischief to your earth/garden.

The more damage they cause to your inner environment - the worse you feel. So you have to *just like God did with the nephilim* and flood it.

You have more control over your body than you realize. ~
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Kami wrote:Your solar plexus and stomach is weak.

You need to get more soul energy.
Good eye.
Kami wrote:A lot of your inner people/dream characters are sick.
That I haven't noticed.
Kami wrote:You need to get sunlight everyday and shower everyday as well as eating spicy foods and maybe smoking weed.
I've got the showering and spicy foods, sunlight when I can, weed OTOH just isn't my drug but thanks.

Kami wrote:Something else that works for me is taking the advanced way out.

Before I talked avoit falling asleep and killing my dream characters that were linked to the misbehavior I was seeing whilst lucid, I had done this naturally for a while. It is just when I finally monitored myself that I realized what was going on.

Within the universe of your mind, on your very own garden/earth, your dream charactersnare a mirror of your physical health.

Your dreamality is a reflection of your neural activity.

If you feel bad - your dream changes to match that feeling.

So it's obvious...

Kill the dream characters doing horrible things via a lucid dream or a themed dream and you'll wake up feeling better.

The germs are channelling their will through your body's electrical activity and are manifesting into your mind through your solar plexus / stomach.

If you take medicine to kill them - the nightmares stops.
If you take things into your own hands by killing the vessels of the germs responsible for your illness - the nightmare stops.

Your heart's mind is linked to the earth within the universe in you.
Your brain's mind is linked to the moon within the universe in you.
Your stomach's mind is linked to the sun within the universe in you.

How you feel alters how your inner people feel and vice versa.

When you get sick the germs enter your mind and find your earth and then try to possess someone of your dream characters to cause mischief to your earth/garden.

The more damage they cause to your inner environment - the worse you feel. So you have to *just like God did with the nephilim* and flood it.

You have more control over your body than you realize. ~
That's an interesting point about lucid dreaming. Unfortunately I'm not there yet.

What I can have is a very interesting drift as I wake up - ie. the dream in a lot of senses leaves in terms of sight or sound but can still go on for a while as something I'm aware of in a spatial/tactile sense, like awareness of perfectly clear/invisible beings, objects, and ideas around me. I woke up this morning for example with a celeb I was thinking about the night before giving me one heck of a tease as well as a bit of knowledge that made so much sense that I had no idea that I'd lose it's context in the waking world or any notion that I should tie it to other things that I could stake it down by as I woke up.

I've occasionally wondered - is that a foothold that I can step into farther? I'm hoping so.
Last edited by Cybernetic_Jazz on Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Also Shin - you're expertise and knowledge are unparalleled. Thank you for the input as always!

Daremo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daremo »

If its a cold/flu I always try to love it, thank it for the copious amounts of cold medicine I am now justified to take and for the rest its forcing on me. I try to love it and by love I mean become one with it unite with it becuase in the end we only recover when our immune system has incorporated it into ourselves.

mindsword
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by mindsword »

I once had the most hardcore flu ever, yet my ex at the time, who practiced witchcraft btw, said she didnt worry about it and "felt protected" and didn't even get a sneeze after various exchanges of bacteria and bodily fluids lol. Should i be worried?

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”