Why Do Shadow People Stare at Us?

For difficult to define queries.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Why Do Shadow People Stare at Us?

Post by Napoli »

I saw one staring at down at my mum in her sleep a long time ago. Last night I saw one in my sleep and quickly woke up. I asked it politely but firmly to go away. Then it left my room sort of in a hurry. I am curious as to what do they see in us while we sleep?
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Why Do Shadow People Stare at Us?

Post by Dr Strange Stuff »

I would say that it depends on what they really are, but that is a subject of a lot of debates that never seem to have a victor... I feel like they could be
  • Looking for weaknesses in people to exploit
    Stimulating dreams in people to shape their unconscious, thus their conscious actions
    "Checking in" on their favorite humans throughout our lives to see how much we have grown
    Giving/ taking energy from people
    Mentally linking to exchange information or experiences with people, in either direction
But I would like to learn about these entities. My roommate (I know, hearsay) was meditating the other month and he noticed one in the room with him, though he immediately felt a spike of intense fear and it seemed to leave in hurry as soon as it noticed he knew it was there.
Would anyone know how to coax one into a conversation or submit an offering for that reason that only "Shadow People" can have? What would they even want?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

They feed of your energy.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Dr Strange Stuff wrote: Would anyone know how to coax one into a conversation or submit an offering for that reason that only "Shadow People" can have? What would they even want?
NO
That is exactly what they want. Keep them out.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Okay, in that case, would you please give a little more detail on what they are/ where they are from? Would there be any use in capturing and killing/ talking to its' master/ anything like that? I grew up christian and they said "no no no no the demons want to gobble up your soul, don't even think about looking in their direction" and people here evoke them all the time so... I'm just trying to figure out what they are and if my roommate if telling the truth (and I believe he has no reason to lie) then I want to find out how to either protect him or protect myself if they feel me down here messing with the occult in my room.
Are these things really the boogeymen that are evil compared to the devil or cthulu?

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Dr Strange Stuff wrote:Okay, in that case, would you please give a little more detail on what they are/ where they are from? Would there be any use in capturing and killing/ talking to its' master/ anything like that? I grew up christian and they said "no no no no the demons want to gobble up your soul, don't even think about looking in their direction" and people here evoke them all the time so... I'm just trying to figure out what they are and if my roommate if telling the truth (and I believe he has no reason to lie) then I want to find out how to either protect him or protect myself if they feel me down here messing with the occult in my room.
Are these things really the boogeymen that are evil compared to the devil or cthulu?
I never hear of anyone evoking shadow people. I don't think they are meant to. They are demonic but not demons. They are malevolent entities and possibly belong to lower level of the spiritual ladder.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

They are clearly parasitic and not all that powerful. Their main source of energy stealing and in turn, power is fear. Many people, especially profane ones, have had terrifying experiences with 'shadow people'. They are incredibly ominous, yet they do not, of their own accord, cause deep psychological trauma or even nightmares as far as i am aware, which leads me to believe that their power to induce fear comes from their presence alone.

As Napoli has said, they are lesser beings and do not pose a serious threat. There wouldn't be much point in evoking or studying them as their are many, many more fruitful sprits and entities to spend your time on.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Dr Strange Stuff wrote:Okay, in that case, would you please give a little more detail on what they are/ where they are from? Would there be any use in capturing and killing/ talking to its' master/ anything like that? I grew up christian and they said "no no no no the demons want to gobble up your soul, don't even think about looking in their direction" and people here evoke them all the time so... I'm just trying to figure out what they are and if my roommate if telling the truth (and I believe he has no reason to lie) then I want to find out how to either protect him or protect myself if they feel me down here messing with the occult in my room.
We don't really know what they are.

We've talked about it before on this forum, and we can't really come to any conclusion, some sort of low level astral entity with bad intentions. But they are a step up above the normal astral parasites since they seem to be a bit more intelligent than the normal dredge. Demons however is a completely different thing. That's like comparing kittens to lions.

The way to protect yourself against shadow people is the same way as you protect against spirits in general. I'll link some information at the end of this post.

As somebody mentioned above me, they feed of fear, attention and negative energy. The more time you spend thinking about them the more they appear. The best way is to clean the space, do a simple banishing, put up your shields and then continuing on with your normal day as if nothing had happened.

And no, there is no purpose in trying to work with them, they are a natural force more then they are an intelligent force. Any sort of spirit or higher astral being is more powerful than shadow people, and a lot easier to work with.
(It's easier to teach a dog to do tricks than it is to teach a cockroach.)

LINKS:

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... =4&t=38437
http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 55&t=38253
http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 55&t=38081
http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 55&t=37981

And my personal favorite:

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 47&t=39430

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Oh, okay that makes sense. Thanks for the explanations, and I will refer myself and my roommate to these threads.

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

shadows i see in center of material things and human biengs from off earth mabby on and am top master when realesing peoples inner shadow masters tides drift to fear then relaxation....
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

cactusjack543 wrote:shadows i see in center of material things and human biengs from off earth mabby on and am top master when realesing peoples inner shadow masters tides drift to fear then relaxation....
Or, you're just mentally insane and you're seeing hallucinations....

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoneWolf »

I seek Occult understanding. I want to know more. I feel there's something more to all of this and I wish to understand and see more.

I will therefore indiscriminately, boldly, and in the swiftest of manners push away any shadow I see, just in case they are the weakest of creatures; for shadows don't exist in this real world I want to transcend.

Yeah.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

LoneWolf wrote:I seek Occult understanding. I want to know more. I feel there's something more to all of this and I wish to understand and see more.
Same here.
LoneWolf wrote:I will therefore indiscriminately, boldly, and in the swiftest of manners push away any shadow I see, just in case they are the weakest of creatures; for shadows don't exist in this real world I want to transcend.
I am doing the same. Not because I consider them weak. But because it is not a pleasant thing to see a girl's frock climbing down my mosquito net, with nobody inside, when you open your eyes in the dark. I am waiting for the day when I will see someone walking on all fours, upside down, à la 'The Exorcist' [grr] .
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Napoli wrote: I am doing the same. Not because I consider them weak. But because it is not a pleasant thing to see a girl's frock climbing down my mosquito net, with nobody inside, when you open your eyes in the dark. I am waiting for the day when I will see someone walking on all fours, upside down, à la 'The Exorcist' [grr] .
Why would you want to see something bad?

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Desecrated wrote:
Napoli wrote: I am doing the same. Not because I consider them weak. But because it is not a pleasant thing to see a girl's frock climbing down my mosquito net, with nobody inside, when you open your eyes in the dark. I am waiting for the day when I will see someone walking on all fours, upside down, à la 'The Exorcist' [grr] .
OK, I may have not put that in the correct way. I am afraid I have more terrifying things to see in the future. And I am not exactly happy with the prospect. That scenario was just an example.

I think my third eye is opening up. The last two nights made me realise that this is something I can't avoid. I have been seeing these beings since my childhood. I used to suffer from sleep paralysis on a regular basis until I learned to defend myself. Now that my sensitivity is opening up, I am giving it a second thought, hehe. But it is OK. I should quit being a wimp.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoneWolf »

For lack of an edit posibility I will point out that my last post was sarcasm its scope trying to get a point across

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

LoneWolf wrote:For lack of an edit posibility I will point out that my last post was sarcasm its scope trying to get a point across
Sorry Lone Wolf [blush] . I didn't mean to sound judgmental.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Napoli wrote:
Desecrated wrote:
OK, I may have not put that in the correct way. I am afraid I have more terrifying things to see in the future. And I am not exactly happy with the prospect. That scenario was just an example.

I think my third eye is opening up. The last two nights made me realise that this is something I can't avoid. I have been seeing these beings since my childhood. I used to suffer from sleep paralysis on a regular basis until I learned to defend myself. Now that my sensitivity is opening up, I am giving it a second thought, hehe. But it is OK. I should quit being a wimp.
Okay, I thought you meant it in a " I hope I get to see some scary shit"-way.

Sleep paralysis is pretty much the scariest shit you can go through, so if you have gotten used to that, anything spirit or astral-related is going to be a breeze.
I kinda view them as the town drunk, they don't have that sense of privacy and private space so they can be uncomfortable when they get right up in your face. But other than that, they are usually pretty harmless. It's really nothing to worry about, just breathe slowly and keep calm.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Well, before I post this I just want to specify that this is more of a thought experiment and I'm not THAT messed up.
Would there be a way to trap one of these "lesser" spirits in a magical cage or something (you could power the magical cage with some magical power source like ellis or witch engine), take away its' powers to leech energy away from anything, and let it stay there? Possibly warning others not to come near you or it will happen to them, or just to have there to practice "sensing" entities, maybe practice other magical workings on it? Would there be any reason not to do this? Is there a momma-shadow out there with 1000X the dangerous-ness of the babies? Maybe you could make a trade to the momma-shadow for the baby shadow for something that only they can give.
I wouldn't say torture it, but maybe see what happens if it can't feed for a week or two. (Unless you consider lack of freedom to move around torture) Even then, would it be possible to create two cages then transfer the entity to that cage?
Like if I caught it in my house in the city and I want to study it in my house in the country, I make a cage in the country and transfer it there?
Just sort of throwing ideas out, but if magic has no limits other than what we limit ourselves with... I would be very interested on what the possibilities are out there, and I want to start defining and writing this stuff down!

*Edit: If we could do this all over the world: Cage, take leeching powers away from them, release them, that would be for the greater good... right?
Thanks in advance.

Robin_Alexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Robin_Alexander »

Dr Strange Stuff wrote:Would there be a way to trap one of these "lesser" spirits in a magical cage or something (you could power the magical cage with some magical power source like ellis or witch engine), take away its' powers to leech energy away from anything, and let it stay there? Possibly warning others not to come near you or it will happen to them, or just to have there to practice "sensing" entities, maybe practice other magical workings on it? Would there be any reason not to do this? Is there a momma-shadow out there with 1000X the dangerous-ness of the babies? Maybe you could make a trade to the momma-shadow for the baby shadow for something that only they can give.
I wouldn't say torture it, but maybe see what happens if it can't feed for a week or two. (Unless you consider lack of freedom to move around torture) Even then, would it be possible to create two cages then transfer the entity to that cage?
Like if I caught it in my house in the city and I want to study it in my house in the country, I make a cage in the country and transfer it there?
Just sort of throwing ideas out, but if magic has no limits other than what we limit ourselves with... I would be very interested on what the possibilities are out there, and I want to start defining and writing this stuff down!

*Edit: If we could do this all over the world: Cage, take leeching powers away from them, release them, that would be for the greater good... right?
Thanks in advance.
Just to pre-empt what I'm about to say:

I can't stress enough to never mess with these things.

I've had two experiences with them before, and all I can say is that they are likely pure evil. They're malevolent energy, enough so that I've never experienced true fear until coming across them, and all fears before and after - whether regular 'jumps' or panic attacks or phobias - paled in comparison to these creatures. They're dangerous.

I've heard of demons and djinn being 'trapped', for sure, but I've never heard of anyone 'trapping' these creatures . . . I honestly don't know what they are, but they are definitely something 'other'. They can physically manifest - unlike any demons I know or work with - and appear in a full form and actuality, just as they can leave in a blink of an eye and others have reported fast/blurred speeds from others. I'm not sure you can trap something like that. You could probably easily lure one to you (as others have said, they feed off fear), but trap one -? I don't think it's possible.

I get the impression they have power over us, not the other way around. It could be they're here to help/protect us, and we're misconstruing their behaviour, although this is doubtful due to some people reporting being physically attacked, but . . . whether good or evil or 'other', I don't think a person could ever have control over them. I'm not even sure they have 'reason' to understand something like a 'trade' . . . best to avoid entirely and forget about.

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

Desecrated wrote:
cactusjack543 wrote:shadows i see in center of material things and human biengs from off earth mabby on and am top master when realesing peoples inner shadow masters tides drift to fear then relaxation....
Or, you're just mentally insane and you're seeing hallucinations....
hi too see is to bielive i suppose tryingg to relate right know.. the ground is ok wet... how i ever do you wrong----
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I know of a couple ways that these Shadow Beings are Evoked(usually implicitly). One way is by use of specific mind altering substances. The other way is during certain sleep states i.e. hypnagogic, or hypnopompic. I don't think they are hallucinations, but their manifestation does appear to be dependent on certain modes of consciousness.

A lot of the time if you look right at them they disappear, but if you keep them in your peripheral vision they will come right up close to you.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Robin_Alexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Robin_Alexander »

Spida wrote:I know of a couple ways that these Shadow Beings are Evoked(usually implicitly). One way is by use of specific mind altering substances. The other way is during certain sleep states i.e. hypnagogic, or hypnopompic. I don't think they are hallucinations, but their manifestation does appear to be dependent on certain modes of consciousness.
That's quite interesting . . .

It also adds up to what I've heard from other people.
A lot of the time if you look right at them they disappear, but if you keep them in your peripheral vision they will come right up close to you.
See, that sounds quite the opposite of personal experiences . . .

Well, it adds up to what others have said, but I've been able to directly watch one for over an hour or so. It's part of what makes me so curious, as so many facts/experiences regarding these creatures seem to vary immensely from person-to-person . . . example, the one I saw was the size of a large child, but others report seeing tall 'hat-wearing' men with red eyes; on that note, some claim the eyes make it a 'demon', while others say it's the mark of a 'shadow person'.

It may be slightly off-topic, and I'll have to search through the forums properly later for sure, but I'm curious what marks something as a 'shadow' as opposed to a 'demon' or 'spirit' or so forth . . . along with why they all seem so different and rarely two accounts seem to match exactly . . . it's such a common phenomenon, but information is so all over the place.

I'm wondering if anyone has any credible sources on these creatures?

I've tried to research them over the years, but the more credible sites I found were almost copy/paste of one another, which basically 'we don't know' and a list of 'could be' possibilities . . . just makes me wonder whether I've missed anything.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I think the most typical Shadow Persons look like average men wearing a Fedora style hat.

These Beings exist in the Abstract Aethyrs of consciousness, which does not render them any less real than a thing that is manifested in the bounds of mundane consciousness.

I think what it comes down to is having our consciousness tuned into a frequency that resonates with "their" reality construct. That is the catalyst!

It's these transitory frequency changes that zap you in and out of their reality. Sometimes people get stuck there.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

This happened to me too back when I did my 2011 fox "extravaganza". I didn't know what it was at the time but now reading on this forum for some time I think it was a shadow person. It disguised itself as a kind of shadowy tiny giraffe or something and stayed at the same spot at the foot of my bed for hours. Scared the shit out of me. Stood perfectly still but I know for sure it was not a trick of the light. I could look directly at it at most places on my bed but once I got off my bed it seemed to go away. Pretty weird. This happened after doing a kind of strange meditation going to visit a fox being for days on end so I can see how I might have shifted mind states. Never saw it again since.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”