Are you working nightshifts?

For difficult to define queries.

TruthSeeker_
Forum Member
Forum Member

Are you working nightshifts?

Post by TruthSeeker_ »

Hi,
I am going to work soon on the graveyard shift and I wonder if there is any fellow occultists who are in the same situation? How do you adjust your practice, meditation, rituals ect. to this lifestyle? Lots of caffeine? I am curious to know how you manage to adapt without loosing your abilities and neglect your occult studies.

Thanks.

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Are you working nightshifts?

Post by LoneWolf »

Since I doubt the dead escape and you get fired maybe you could use the time that you watchout instead reading and doing your practice. :-)

johnodin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Are you working nightshifts?

Post by johnodin »

Ive worked nights and seen some weird shit-(600 year old hotel)

Right pracical advice. Caffine and energy drinks just make you 'jangly' depending on what your doing, do you need to concentrate or do you need to be awake? Plus it takes time to clear the caffine out of the system when your sleeping days, so be very carefull with your caffine intake.
Some people can find the circadian switch easy to do, for others its a living hell. Untill you do it you won't know.
Tools I use, Fresh Orange juice, to kickstart my system, Omega 3 fish oil suppliments, vitaim suppliments and binural beats to help sleep in the day.

Practice wise...You will just have to meditate and do your devotions as and when you can. But there is a plus point to all of this.
Sleep depravation has been used as a tool for magical communion for many years. After a couple of days you could find certan types of practice can become easier-IMHO its much easier to commune with Ghosts and Ancestors.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”