Guarding the Mind

For difficult to define queries.

findingtruth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Guarding the Mind

Post by findingtruth »

Hi everyone!

Did a quick search through on here but I didn't find any resources I was looking for. If I missed something please let me know! Anyway, I'm just looking for resources or exercises that help one build the ability to guard their mind. I found a few things online but I like to check with a magickal community rather than only using Google. Thanks!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Guarding the Mind

Post by Desecrated »

findingtruth wrote:Hi everyone!

Did a quick search through on here but I didn't find any resources I was looking for. If I missed something please let me know! Anyway, I'm just looking for resources or exercises that help one build the ability to guard their mind. I found a few things online but I like to check with a magickal community rather than only using Google. Thanks!
Christopher Penczak has written a couple on books about this. The Inner Temple of Witchcraft and The Witch's Shield talks about setting up an inner space that you can then ward and protect. He is obviously writing from a wiccan perspective, but it can easily be copied and applied to chaos magic or psionics.

Phillips and Denning wrote Practical Guide to Psychic Self-defense and Well-being , Practical Guide to Creative Visualization , Practical Guide to Psychic Powers , Practical Guide to Astral Projection.
It's very new age and positive thinking, But there is some really good tips and advice in those books.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

1) Practice meditations to develop strong skill in Grounding and Centering, so that you can develop a strong psychic fortitude that is difficult to shake or break even on its own. Bardon calls this Equipoise and uses the Elemental Key to achieve it in his system. This inner fortitude effects your aura, which is your built-in buffer shield and natural defense mechanism (among other things).

2) Learn Shielding or Warding Magick. You can learn to make mental barriers, astral/energy barriers, and so on, to block specific things or even everything. The most popular Wards are those you set up around your house to keep evil spirits or thieves out and so on, but you can also construct this kind of barrier magick around your mind and body too. Its just a matter of spell application.

3) Read Protection and Reversal Magick by Jason Miller for more advise on defensive magick. Someone also recommended recently that I read a book called The Magical Shield by Frater UD. I've not read it yet, but considering his other occult writings, it's probably at least on par with Miller's book.

~:Shin:~

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

I think it is a nice idea that we can Magickally protect ourselves by employing talismans and what-not but the reality is that unless the understanding is there, no object in itself has the power to defend you. Better to educate the mind than to put faith in anything else.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”