What do we need MORE of in the occult community?

For difficult to define queries.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: What do we need MORE of in the occult community?

Post by Kath »

I had a thought the other day.
I heard some talking head say something about how people who have power always want more power. basically a critique of powerful people, arguably a valid one. But it got me thinking about how I think about power.

I'm more interested in knowledge than power. But the two have a strong relationship. In seeking knowledge, i find power as a side effect. Power can in turn be used to seek still more knowledge. A vicious cycle which seems to effect a very rapid and self sustaining progression.
And it struck me that it's perhaps relevant to this thread.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Healing....i see so many people in the community with messed up energy....meanwhile there trying to curse there ex or get super-powers. Gotta take care of the basis first....Heal yourself.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

WildWolf wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:18 pm Healing....i see so many people in the community with messed up energy....meanwhile there trying to curse there ex or get super-powers. Gotta take care of the basis first....Heal yourself.
That would be a valid critique of any group of humans I think.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Kath wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:47 pm
WildWolf wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:18 pm Healing....i see so many people in the community with messed up energy....meanwhile there trying to curse there ex or get super-powers. Gotta take care of the basis first....Heal yourself.
That would be a valid critique of any group of humans I think.
I disagree. People drawn too the Occult can be a special type of weird.

Impudicus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Impudicus »

We need more people who don't play video games or watch cartoons. You guys want to become masters of universal spirit energies and stuff? So grow the fuck up!

Own property. Get a career. Become a person of consequence. We need more people who are able to heal, to guide, to do good things, people who are willing to evaluate themselves honestly and not pacify themselves with fantasies of knowledge and power.

Occult lore is 90% bullshit. Aftermarket occult lore is 99.99% bullshit. If you aren't making waves in the real world, all your astral power and spirit interaction is also bullshit. We need more people willing to be real with themselves and direct their work toward goals beyond their own foolishness.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

I tend to think one thing we all could use more is the "chill pill".
We tend to take things we do and practice and even ourselves overly seriously, while at the same time we often look down on other people and their "practices" if those don't fit well in to the frame our own personal gnosis, and quietly, or even vocally, judge everything that doesn't fit our own narrative.
Why do we do that? Especially since most "other ways/believes/dreams" don't effect us anyway.
And on the other hand, why do we always, or almost always come to these darker paths seeking some personal material gains? We always need to either get laid, or to get rich. Those are important things, but enriching one's immortal soul with experiences from beyond, could be at least as important as feeding our very temporal meat bags.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

WildWolf wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:05 pm I disagree. People drawn too the Occult can be a special type of weird.
I dunno, I think people in more mainstream paradigm boxes are just in a larger majority, more common, more broadly accepted, but not in a less weird place.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”