What are the most useful practices?

For difficult to define queries.

Gate
Forum Member
Forum Member

What are the most useful practices?

Post by Gate »

What practices / spells / rituals have you done which have directly created the desired shift in your life? Expand with as much detail as you're willing to share.

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: What are the most useful practices?

Post by fraterai »

Magic can be used for anything but meditation and chakra work have benefited me most overall. Basically the "middle pillar" ritual (i prefer chakras over sephiroth) and meditation from thought control exercises to visualization and finally trances and astral work. If I could go back in time and do one thing different it would have been just these two things more often.
Only right reflection and right meditation can free you - Ananda Metteya

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Gate wrote:What practices / spells / rituals have you done which have directly created the desired shift in your life? Expand with as much detail as you're willing to share.
Meditation, visualization exercises and energy work.

If you can calm down, focus, concentrate and then direct your energy towards what you want to do, you have a really good chance at succeeding in multiple fields.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

As the others have said - the greatest benefits I've gained have by far been from learning to control the mind and cultivate internal energy through meditation. Which is kind of funny, because it's not at all what I pictured when I first started down this path, but the reality has been that there just haven't been that many situations in my life where spells and ritual work have had a practical application. After a bit of dabbling and "yup, this works" I've mostly left that side of things alone.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”