RHP vs LHP ..vs MHP

For difficult to define queries.

Gate
Forum Member
Forum Member

RHP vs LHP ..vs MHP

Post by Gate »

Which path are you and why? My understanding is that LHP is full of people who function out of their ego whereas RHP is people channeling divine motive.

Is there a MHP? Is this the middle pillar people talk about?

777Sloan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: RHP vs LHP ..vs MHP

Post by 777Sloan »

Gate wrote:Which path are you and why? My understanding is that LHP is full of people who function out of their ego whereas RHP is people channeling divine motive.

Is there a MHP? Is this the middle pillar people talk about?
I am LHP, though not in the manner you define.

I value freedom, individuality, evolution of consciousness.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

As far as I understand it, the right-hand path involves reintegration with the divine source. This is evidenced in many ancient religions. From my understanding of the left-hand path, it is more related to the development and empowerment of the individual. I agree with both paths, so maybe I'm more aligned with the middle path.

The middle pillar is related to the tree of life in kabbalah which on the macrocosmic level represents the layers that make up reality and on the microcosmic level mirrors the human body. The left and right columns of the tree of life represent severity and mercy, or two extreme opposites. The middle pillar is the balance between severity and mercy, so in a way, the middle path does have something in common with the middle pillar on the tree of life.

I don't know a whole lot about Kabbalah so maybe someone can clarify more on that, but there does seem to be a connection between the left, right, middle hand paths and the tree of life.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

This is one of these topics where the individual magicians needs to make up their own mind about what is what. But there is 3 areas to cover.

Black magic/white magic/gray magic.

Everyone will define this slightly different depending on their own ethics, but generally speaking black is malicious magic, and white is benevolent magic. And the gray magicians are those that does a little of both.

High magick/low magick

This is again a mater of interpretation and opinions goes apart. There seem to be a wave in modern esoterica to not consider high or low as moral standing but more as methods. High magick is dealing with astral and higher planes, while low magick is more natural. Herbs and stuff.
However, you'll find an exception to every rule.

Left hand/right hand

This is originally an indian term and simply reefers to those who follow the vedic rules or those that break the taboo. In some sense it has a lot to do with celibacy and sex.
In western terms this have very often come to mean: right hand magic = christian, left hand magick = not christian.

Most serious researcher and magicians however simply disregard these things. Magic is magic.

(Sidenote, difference between magic and magick. Nothing really. Some people like to spell magick with a K to differentiate it from stage magic. I tend to spell it either way, (because I'm lazy) )

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

As usual Desecrated sums it up nicely.

I think the concept of RHP and LHP have strayed far from their original Vedic and Tantric roots. In the West they seem to operate more within a Judeo-Christian framework; thus RHP signifies magic that seeks enlightenment via unification with the Divine Self or Godhood, while LHP is associated with Satanism, antinomianism, self-deification, and isolate consciousness. It gets more complicated with contemporary Kabbalah and its shadow world of shells but they all rely on dualism as an approach to reality.

And yeah, I suppose there is a MHP but rather than being truly in the middle I think it exists outside and beyond the dualistic framework, perhaps using it as a tool of creative generation rather than getting trapped within it as many "paths" and practitioners have, like flies in amber.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

the_spiral wrote:I think the concept of RHP and LHP have strayed far from their original Vedic and Tantric roots.
We HP Blavatsky to thank for that who came with this distinction with her lack of understanding regarding the subject.

I must add that whether we call ourselves RHP, LHP or MHP, it is up to the individual to choose whether they unite with the Godhood, or remain separated as a being that has attained the zenith of spiritual evolution aka become a god. It is possible for all as long as they have reached that level. So, I feel that the distinction is redundant. Just my two cents.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

Napoli wrote:
the_spiral wrote:I think the concept of RHP and LHP have strayed far from their original Vedic and Tantric roots.
We HP Blavatsky to thank for that who came with this distinction with her lack of understanding regarding the subject.

I must add that whether we call ourselves RHP, LHP or MHP, it is up to the individual to choose whether they unite with the Godhood, or remain separated as a being that has attained the zenith of spiritual evolution aka become a god. It is possible for all as long as they have reached that level. So, I feel that the distinction is redundant. Just my two cents.
Thats interesting.Can you elaborate on the method(s)we might use in order to choose to remain separate?Also if the distinctions are redundant then do you see a Goddess within the Godhood?
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

violetstar wrote:
Napoli wrote:

Thats interesting.Can you elaborate on the method(s)we might use in order to choose to remain separate?Also if the distinctions are redundant then do you see a Goddess within the Godhood?
I am sorry violetstar but I have yet to learn how to do it. But I did read from those who know about it that both options are available. And if we think about it than most of the beings who have attained liberation would not be here to help guide us. I believe the chose to stay in the universe to help us before they unite with the Creator Source. As for another reason why I say RHP and LHP is not a necessary distinction, please read this link-

https://hatrinomiconluciferum.wordpress ... hand-path/

Yes, I do see the Goddess within the Godhood.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

Thanks for the link Napoli. From that guys tongue in cheek reflection I can see some of what The Spiral says above and also I saw similarities in Taoist Tantra with the more hidden concepts of older witchcraft.Learn something every day!

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

violetstar wrote:I saw similarities in Taoist Tantra with the more hidden concepts of older witchcraft. Learn something every day!
I wasn't aware of it. We all learn- starting from cradle and all the way to the grave :).
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Candy Ray
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Candy Ray »

My experience of the right hand path and the left hand path has always been that they have to do with God and the Devil, respectively. I have often wondered if I am creating this in my mind and imposing it onto reality, especially as I sometimes practice Pagan systems which do not have God and the Devil in their cosmology. However, it won't go away and it appears to be based on something real.

I am aware of the terms being tantric ones from Hinduism that have been taken out of context and used incorrectly. But I have always found that angels use the terms to classify which path they decide to follow.
See my blog for micro-fiction, poems, a few weird articles and links to my books: https://candyrayblog.wordpress.com

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

Candy Ray wrote:My experience of the right hand path and the left hand path has always been that they have to do with God and the Devil, respectively. I have often wondered if I am creating this in my mind and imposing it onto reality, especially as I sometimes practice Pagan systems which do not have God and the Devil in their cosmology. However, it won't go away and it appears to be based on something real.

I am aware of the terms being tantric ones from Hinduism that have been taken out of context and used incorrectly. But I have always found that angels use the terms to classify which path they decide to follow.
An adept way of looking at it is that all three,RHP,LHP and MP are as one.The choice is determined by your actions motivated by Will and Intent.

Gate
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gate »

I found this video to be a really cool explanation. I feel I understand from this - I am definitely a MP. I feel both RHP & LHP are valid and one can do both at the same time.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”