Balance of What Astral Parasites Are - Mind vs Real

For difficult to define queries.

Gate
Forum Member
Forum Member

Balance of What Astral Parasites Are - Mind vs Real

Post by Gate »

As I'm digging into these practices I'm seeing a lot of warnings about parasites. After doing a made-up ritual, 60 minutes later while meditating I encountered a weird shadow thingy as I visualized the room. That shadow thingy wasn't there when my eyes were open. It had a fear-based presence. I just smiled, chuckled a bit, and continued on with my meditation. I've had bugs and weird things come at my mind many, many times during meditations but I always assume they are just random bits of my mind and I watch them with no emotion usually - anicha.

Are these astral parasites in the mind or are they real?
(I'm aware of how subjective this question is - I'm really looking for experiential guidance)

If they are in the mind, I can just believe that they don't exist outside of my mind, they cannot harm me in any way as they are flimsy projections, and that they are just parts of myself which I have to come to term with (old fears and such).

If they exist outside of my mind, I suppose I would need to deal with them in different way? I don't know.

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Balance of What Astral Parasites Are - Mind vs Real

Post by LoneWolf »

If I were you I wouldn't dwell into such matters. Can you even prove that other people or that even the whole universe actually exists outside your mind? You can't. And therefore for practicality's sake you don't waste time and energy and just observe what you percieve through your senses, what conditions, what causes, and what effects are in play.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

3 possibilities.

1. They are absolutely real, but exists on a different plane.
2. They are real, but the way we perceive them is heavily tainted by our own mind. Somebody who is afraid of spiders might see a spider, somebody who is afraid of demons might see that.
3. They are fictions of your own imagination.

In either case. The best way to get rid of them immediately is to simply repeat "I Reject You". Every time you have a negative thought or feeling just repeat that simple phrase.
It takes 63 days to establish a good habit so give it some time.

Astral parasites are attracted to energy and the best way to keep them out is with some sort of reflective shield. The chinese use mirrors on the windowframes, the arabs use silver in windows and the scandinavian use green glass bottle hanging in the windows.
Strong smells, strong colors, lots of sunlight and fresh air is usually the best way. You can put some salt or camphor oil in the corners and than throw it away when you are done with your magical training if you want a cleaner space.

I also got a wonderful recipe of sandalwood, frankincense and sage. It gives a very neutral smell but seems to work well towards negative energies, and entities.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

"Tell me one last thing," said Harry. "Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"

Dumbledore beamed at him, and his voice sounded loud and strong in Harry's ears even though the bright mist was descending again, obscuring his figure.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

Do some cleansing and warding and don't dwell on things. There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, so do not invoke unnecessary fear by paying excessive attention to the spiritual equivalent of insects.

~:Shin:~

Gate
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gate »

I decided I'm ignoring them. Neither crave nor averting. They hold no power lol. They serve only as a reminder to come from heart space, and in this way they serve me. They also serve as a reminder not to allow my emotion to get the best of me - even easier to remember when they bring some silly form. Banishing gives them attention and in doing this they recieve your energy. I dare say they want to be banished ;)

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

Not all energy is created equal. I can hit you with a water gun or a real gun, both will transfer energy to you, but I dare say you want to be hit with the water gun. Banishing is standard for a reason
Only right reflection and right meditation can free you - Ananda Metteya

Gate
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gate »

fraterai wrote:Not all energy is created equal. I can hit you with a water gun or a real gun, both will transfer energy to you, but I dare say you want to be hit with the water gun. Banishing is standard for a reason
Sure, but neither hurt a blackhole.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

If I have mice in my house, and I leave food bits everywhere for them to eat, they're going to have babies and set up a permanent residence in my house because I'm so accommodating.

But if I set up traps and get a cat, they're going to GTFO one way or another.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

So an astral bug is the equivalent of a black hole?

Gate
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gate »

fraterai wrote:So an astral bug is the equivalent of a black hole?
Unmanifest is like a black hole. If you flow from there, you can't be touched. The trick is submitting the ego. I'm still learning this, but I've had insane progress and results from it.

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

Astral bugs can manifest a lot. You are simply banishing :)

Gate
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gate »

fraterai wrote:Astral bugs can manifest a lot. You are simply banishing :)
I had a dream. There was a spider on the floor, so I felt this 'cringe' reaction and killed it with a bug swatter. Then a larger one came, and I repeated the process. This happened about 5 times until an insect so large came down the hall I could only shut the door and hide. I then woke up.

After meditation I realized the message here related to these energies. The answer is not to crave or avert. The answer is to be present and feel your fears and dark energies as they manifest and realize they can't harm you. After this, all insects in my meditations had no effect on me, and they had to shift their form to demonic images, but they still have no effect. I just chuckle when I see them. It's nice to have such a visceral reminder you're dealing with something. It will pass.

What is it you feel these 'parasites' do? Steal energy? If you put time & effort & resources into banishing them (even 2 seconds) they have stolen energy. If they change your mood or break your meditation (to banish would break meditation I assume) they have stolen energy.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

You may have a point. I've noticed that the more attention I give to possible mean energies, the more I become obsessed with the idea. Although it does make sense that you would sweep your space of unwanted energies so that you can work in a clear space.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

Astral bugs are only one small tiny fractional subset of energies that may need to be banished at some point. It's easy to learn with lower trash but the method is never "abandoned" through some poorly worded "shortcut". Your methods are exactly what banishing is (same as described by Des' post), ritualized or not. I guess you have "stolen" the bullet from my gun when i shoot you, but then again it WAS my intention to give it away

"Ignoring" or indifference is only part of it. I'd like to see you ignore a Goetic demon or a retrograde planet to the point of reversing its effects

Gate
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gate »

chowderpope wrote:You may have a point. I've noticed that the more attention I give to possible mean energies, the more I become obsessed with the idea. Although it does make sense that you would sweep your space of unwanted energies so that you can work in a clear space.
Totally set up a good space. I would say that one should focus on what the space will be rather than what the space will not be. "The brain doesn't understand 'not' very well" (some sigil book & also in hypnosis books).

If you make a protective spell against a specific thing or group of things, you create that thing which you need to be protected from (Christians are so guilty of this lol). If you focus on creating a beautiful space with a general protection bring satefy and love to your space (and do NOT define what you need to be safe from) you're going to be in the best possible space.

Walk connected to unmanifest and you're unstoppable - because you don't exist lol

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

You are making a major assumption about banishing that just isn't true. Every single system of magic deals with this topic so you should have no problem proving your point - can you give a single source that says "well guys I know that you've been trying to banish things this entire time but really you're just creating more entities through the process".

"Walk connected to unmanifest" - since you aren't being very clear I assume you mean something like god, your higher self, or your HGA. The oldest banishing in the world is invoking god to banish. It is a method of banishing.

So I agree with you entirely except for the part where you don't understand banishing. IF you are creating thought forms and supplying them with energy you are simply not banishing. Your method is not unflawed where "other?" forms of banishing are flawed or somehow a way to create elementals and thoughtforms. This is just inaccurate.

You have poetic license of course but vocabulary is pretty important in this field. You do exist, you are in Malkuth chatting with me on this forum

Gate
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gate »

fraterai wrote:You are making a major assumption about banishing that just isn't true. Every single system of magic deals with this topic so you should have no problem proving your point - can you give a single source that says "well guys I know that you've been trying to banish things this entire time but really you're just creating more entities through the process".

"Walk connected to unmanifest" - since you aren't being very clear I assume you mean something like god, your higher self, or your HGA. The oldest banishing in the world is invoking god to banish. It is a method of banishing.

So I agree with you entirely except for the part where you don't understand banishing. IF you are creating thought forms and supplying them with energy you are simply not banishing. Your method is not unflawed where "other?" forms of banishing are flawed or somehow a way to create elementals and thoughtforms. This is just inaccurate.

You have poetic license of course but vocabulary is pretty important in this field. You do exist, you are in Malkuth chatting with me on this forum
I don't know what words to use to communicate this beyond the ones I've used & there may very well be a barrier of communication of me understanding you. The essence of what I am saying comes from the Buddhist teachings of neither craving nor averting. Banishing sounds to me like ritualistic aversion. In this way, I don't feel it is useful for my path.

I believe Malkuth is a large illusion and none of it exists - a hologram or matrix if you will. When you realize there is no spoon, you can bend it.

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

Thank you for clarifying, you simply don't understand this practice. It may or may not be useful for your path, but I would say that you shouldn't make assumptions about a practice you don't fully understand. The conclusions you are jumping to about it are simply wrong. I think that banishing is very inline with Buddhist practices and can be utilized to advantage by anyone.

"Banishing" in this field (occult, this is occult forums) means a very specific operation, feel free to philosophize about what it is or is not but there are plenty of experientially based sources that show that your comparisons and assumptions are out of line with this operation.

Gate
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gate »

fraterai wrote: I think that banishing is very inline with Buddhist practices and can be utilized to advantage by anyone.
I'm not so sure it is - they teach to remain equanimous in the face of pleasure and pain. If you're reacting with a ritual I don't see that working - unless 'banishing' is a state of being equal to equanimity.

I read the thing on the forum about how to banish. The essence of it is calling upon up to 9 dieties to remove some sensation (visual or otherwise).

When I talk of being connected to unmanifest, I'm saying just hold a straight & formless connection through the heart centre to whatever is behind all these dieties and live out of that place (not just temporarily).
fraterai wrote: "Banishing" in this field (occult, this is occult forums) means a very specific operation.
I feel like 'occult' is just 'generic spirituality' which isn't easily categorized by mainstream groupings. In this way, there would be a wide range of 'occult' ways to deal with any given situation.

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

Again you're not so sure and yet again you jump to conclusions. Occultism is not spirituality. Sure practicing occultists may be spiritual or study spirituality, but a Buddhist is not automatically a practicing occultist. I understand your "definition" of what the occult is but you missed my point entirely. When i meet a practicing occultist and talk about Banishing there may be some different methods or theories but the operation remains the same. I know Buddhist who are PRACTICING occultists, that utilize Banishing, both in the Buddhist flavor or with Western/Ceremonial methods. In fact I know of many. They would probably say that you are missing out (on the point at least)

What about all those Buddhist mudras, mantras, yantras, and rituals that are used in preparation to meditation? Some invoke 9 or more Buddhist entities. I don't know why you think mages are somehow sitting in meditation and feel something icky so they have to jump up and do some ritual at every distracting thought interrupting the entire process. You have things backwards.

The rituals help the operator to connect with certain entities or a state of mind exactly as you describe. Some mages use rituals that use 9 deities. Some Buddhists use yantras and mantras and mudras. If you study Banishing a little deeper (reading a ritual without any commentary on mechanics, etc., didn't seem to help at all) you will find many similar practices in your own religion

Gate
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gate »

Well I will need to give it a go then and try a banishing method so I have some experience to talk off of. How do you know when to banish or when to just sit with it?

I don't really practice Buddhism either, I just do bits and pieces of random religions and flow the gaps.

Good conversation by the way. It's hard to cross culture bridges sometimes.

I find myself getting a bit tilted by the constant dark energy from a lot of this stuff though. So much black and base red, so much weighty Karmic teachings to sift through.

Gate
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gate »

Sorry for double post.

But this technique on banishing: http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 55&t=37421
...feels super dark. I highly dislike the entire energy of it. What is the point of this all? Why are they banishing higher beings? They banish their own connection in this space. Feels silly, pointless, and dark.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

The only banishing I've performed to this point is the LBRP. It's my understanding that this ritual removes unnecessary energies from your surrounding astral space. Since these energies are not productive toward your goal, you clear them out. This is often recommended as a beginning banishing ritual. I have heard of other more specific rituals to banish specific things, but I haven't gotten into that yet. I don't fux wit summoning demons or anything like that, so I figure LBRP is good enough to cover my bases for now.

Gate
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gate »

chowderpope wrote:The only banishing I've performed to this point is the LBRP. It's my understanding that this ritual removes unnecessary energies from your surrounding astral space. Since these energies are not productive toward your goal, you clear them out. This is often recommended as a beginning banishing ritual. I have heard of other more specific rituals to banish specific things, but I haven't gotten into that yet. I don't fux wit summoning demons or anything like that, so I figure LBRP is good enough to cover my bases for now.
I think I understand what fraterai was saying. I'm thinking about my practices and I put myself into a space which may be the essence of pre-ritual banishing.

I was mixing up the pre-ritual banishing with the mid-ritual (or mid-daily-life) banishing that des' was saying (the "I reject you" one).

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

Exactly. You can definitely use a full scale banishing in emergencies mid-ritual (possession would be a good time for this :P) but the banishings are like weight-lifting or showering, general upkeep. There are cumulative effects on the mind and aura and eventually one is immune to these astral trash and worse. But still, if you were totally immune to mosquitos i don't think you would just ignore a swarm in your room before doing something important or requiring your attention. You would have to take some sort of action to remove them if thats what you wanted.

About how you feel about some of the rituals, that is personal and you can find something that suits your tastes. I don't really see how using white light to clear a space is dark, I don't see anything dark about that ritual.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”