Erik Davis - Shamanism 2.0

Post by Desecrated »

The Creative Imagination in the Age of Neuroscience and Hypermedia

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Erik Davis - Shamanism 2.0

Post by chowderpope »

That was a heavy talk, loaded with weirdness. I would need to watch that at least one more time to get more out of it. I'm impressed that there's a forum for this kind of talk and that the audience is predominantly elder people who are very interested in such weird things.

That has given me a lot of information regarding occult practice and how to look at it. The idea that when you practice the performance of magic ritual, you are impressing things on your deep mind, your imaginal world, which is the mediator between our corporeal world and the "beyond."

I think this confirms for me one idea that I've been trying to figure out, and that's the idea that our deeper mind or subconscious is connected in some way to worlds beyond, or other layers of reality. I'm still wrinkling my forehead when I try to think about that, but this talk elaborated on the mechanics of that idea, I think.

And if you think about it, this view allows for both the mental and magical views of magick to coincide, if you know what I mean.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Erik Davis - Shamanism 2.0

Post by Desecrated »

chowderpope wrote:That was a heavy talk, loaded with weirdness. I would need to watch that at least one more time to get more out of it. I'm impressed that there's a forum for this kind of talk and that the audience is predominantly elder people who are very interested in such weird things.

That has given me a lot of information regarding occult practice and how to look at it. The idea that when you practice the performance of magic ritual, you are impressing things on your deep mind, your imaginal world, which is the mediator between our corporeal world and the "beyond."

I think this confirms for me one idea that I've been trying to figure out, and that's the idea that our deeper mind or subconscious is connected in some way to worlds beyond, or other layers of reality. I'm still wrinkling my forehead when I try to think about that, but this talk elaborated on the mechanics of that idea, I think.

And if you think about it, this view allows for both the mental and magical views of magick to coincide, if you know what I mean.
You need to read Jung. You are absolutely on his path right now.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”