Psychic Protection Resource(s)

For difficult to define queries.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic Protection Resource(s)

Post by chowderpope »

I recently discovered an academic researcher who focuses on the science behind spirit attachment/possession. On his website, he's provided some good preventative advice regarding spirit attachment.

http://www.terencepalmer.co.uk/psychic-protection/

I'm resolved to quit smoking weed and drinking beer because with the stuff I'm experimenting with, I just can't risk any kind of attachment because I've seen what that can do to a person.

Does anyone else have any resources related to psychic protection?
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Psychic Protection Resource(s)

Post by Desecrated »

I can give a couple of book recommendations if you are interested in that.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Yes please.

For a while I was on the fence whether possession or attachment was really possible, because from a modern, secular point of view, only fruitcakes and weirdos believe in that sort of thing. But I've just been exposed to too much evidence to be on the fence anymore.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

I found Robert Bruce's book on psychic self defense enormously helpful in dealing with these kind of problems (although in a fairly minor manifestation, relatively speaking, but he comes from a place of having dealt with more extreme cases and seems to know what he's talking about).

It's not perfect, he tends to overgeneralize and I think there's a bit of "throwing out the baby with the bathwater" when it comes to ignoring traditional approaches for an all encompassing modern/"new age" worldview (although on the flip side, this broadens the appeal and thus applicability of the methodology), but I'd still highly recommend it.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Denning & Phillips - Practical guide to psychic self-defense

The book is very new age, and it works mostly with your aura and how to repair and strengthen your aura.
If you view this from a moderns secular view, it's basically a book about strengthening your own resolve to not be hurt. It's allowing yourself to say to yourself that you deserve to be safe and that others do not have the right to hurt you. It's a very strong self empowerment.

Ellen Dugan - Practical Protection Magick

This book is half witchcraft and half psychology. It will teach you how to deal with negative people/energies/places and other stuff that wants your time and energy. I don't think she is a very good practitioner or a very serious writer, but she does bring up some good points.
I like that it covers both emotional vampires in your daily life and also goes into spirits, ghosts and the astral.

Christopher Penczak - Witches shield

This book focuses on warding, shielding and mental traps for those that try to harm you. It comes with a audio cd with guided meditations for you to build a strong guarded mind.
There is some really good stuff about how to work with simple means and make them part of an overall defense. Probably one of the more serious book written by a serious practitioner.

Jason Miller - Protection and reversal magick

Very similar to the book above, but it has more of a slant towards ritual magic, chaos magick and modern magick so some might be more comfortable with that.
Jason has a very good reputation in the occult community and is recognized as an overall serious writer.

Dorothy Morrison - Utterly wicked

I love this book for 2 reasons. It has a great sense of humor and it's not afraid to go to the dark side. 'Offense is the best defense' holds true in this book.

Denise Alvarado - Voodoo Hoodoo Spellbook

Denise is one of the more serious workers in Louisiana hoodoo and I find this book extremely easy to work with. I've done several of her Oils with some really good results. It covers more than just protection, but I really like that it covers both washes, oils, powders and candlemagick. So if you make protection oil, you can also make protection floor wash, and protection powder and protection candlemagick spells. It gives you the possibility to fight a war on more than one front.

Tannita - Curses and Bindings

This is another book that isn't afraid to go dark, and it contains a lot of black magic. In some sense the books is equally useful if you are casting curses or protecting against them. But it has a very interesting part about putting up mental barriers, that kinda builds upon what Penczak is talking about in his book, so it's worth mentioning in this list.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Thank you both. I am getting busy reading.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Yeah the Jason Miller one is a good one, just is a bit frustrating for me as it's a different style of magick from what I do (less ritualistic, more direct), so is quite useless to me outside of academics and theory [grr] However, depending on your style of working with Magick, it could be up your ally.

You can read through the Psychic Vampire Codex, though there's some stuff that you'll have to wade through to get to the meat of the writing. It goes through alot of stuff with energy work, and how to protect yourself in it.

Other than that.... I don't have alot to offer in ways of recommended books as most are like the Jason Miller book, a different style of magick that doesn't really help me, so I don't really follow alot of them [tongue]
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Caerdon wrote:Yeah the Jason Miller one is a good one, just is a bit frustrating for me as it's a different style of magick from what I do (less ritualistic, more direct),
Then just make a ritual out of the parts that you like.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

For anyone interested in the manipulative nature of "lower astral" beings, I highly recommend The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts by Joe Fisher.

Through reading the book, it becomes clear that malevolent beings can be extremely clever in the ways that they manipulate and assert control of a person. If you are in touch with discarnate beings or you plan on contacting any, I would say this book is an essential read. It's a masterwork of investigative journalism.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Desecrated wrote:
Caerdon wrote:Yeah the Jason Miller one is a good one, just is a bit frustrating for me as it's a different style of magick from what I do (less ritualistic, more direct),
I am not a big one for rituals is more what I was getting at [rofl]
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Caerdon wrote:
Desecrated wrote:
I am not a big one for rituals is more what I was getting at [rofl]
O sorry, then de-ritualize them. Remove the parts you don't like.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

chowderpope wrote:For anyone interested in the manipulative nature of "lower astral" beings, I highly recommend The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts by Joe Fisher.

Through reading the book, it becomes clear that malevolent beings can be extremely clever in the ways that they manipulate and assert control of a person. If you are in touch with discarnate beings or you plan on contacting any, I would say this book is an essential read. It's a masterwork of investigative journalism.
The lower Astral beings LOVES to play ghosts, and play demons and pretend to be something they are not. They will do whatever it takes to get attention and energy. If you are a cat lover they will show up as a cat ghost, if you are afraid of demons, they will take that form. And of course shove up as a sex lady or sexy man and steal energy that way.
They are tricky bastards.

I had that book on my shopping list but haven't bought it yet, so I'm bumping it up one step. It's not often one gets a recommendation for a good book.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Desecrated wrote:The lower Astral beings LOVES to play ghosts, and play demons and pretend to be something they are not. They will do whatever it takes to get attention and energy.
Not to mention tiny alien on a hover board, dancing rose, icky insects and pretty clothes [lol] .
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”