What is Jesus

For difficult to define queries.

Cerber

What is Jesus

Post by Cerber »

Anyone would be willing to share their views on "great lord and savour" Jesus Christ?
What is he, what do you think of him, how do you feel about him?

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: What is Jesus

Post by Napoli »

When I was a Muslim I seemed to be very fond of Jesus; even more than Muhammad which should not be the case. I don't have any explanation for it though. I felt he was a better man than the last prophet of Islam because he did not go to war, did not marry several women and kept a lot of female slaves to be used sexually. I was also very drawn to Christianity. I had a weird habit of staring at churches in awe, even if they were not beautiful. I also loved the idea of worshipping a god by singing and reading religious scripture in English, rather than Arabic.

Twice, I was having a sleep paralysis and I called out to him for help and it stopped. I was advised by my dad to read Quranic verses but they never worked.

Now I know that he is an ascended master about whom I am quite wary.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Oroboros
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Oroboros »

Well, if your looking for someone with firm beliefs on Jesus- I'm not the one to talk to. :)

I grew up in the Christian church, know all the teachings associated with same. I have some serious issues with the teachings of the canonistic Bible, and even bigger issues with the hypocrites who beat that drum. (Please forgive my generalization- I know this does not apply to everyone, just many of those I have experienced.)

It may be easier to start with what I don't believe. I do not believe in eternal damnation and torture in fiery flames etc. I do not believe that ANY one religion has a corner on the truth and everyone else is lost and screwed.

That said, the teaching of Jesus in the Bible are the best parts of the book- easy. His teachings were based in what I would consider to be core truths. Was he literally the "son of God"- IDK.
Was he one of many messengers of divinity sent to help us- a good possibility. May he, have been an incarnation of divinity- I think that's a good possibility. If so, the, Krishna and others may have been as well.
OR are the many ancient religions from around the world telling similar stories (including savior figures) because there is a core truth and they are just expressing it in different names and with different cultural influences- well that is MY leaning.

Then there is the whole Jesus,Azazel, Lucifer questions- but I somehow don't think that's what you were after :). I could go on, because I find comparative religion super interesting, but in the interest of keeping on topic I will control myself:).

I am seeing here(in this forum) there are a lot of what I gather to be ceremonial magicians and chaos magicians that I gather do hold up Jesus as God or savior. I hope some of these respond to your question, because honestly coming from more of a trad witch background I am not used to seeing Jesus brought in to the convo so much. I do revere Jesus as at least being a great teacher and divine to some degree. So, I am super interested to see how occultists who acknowledge Jesus view him.

I personally, have trouble with viewing him as son of the Hebrew old testament god, because, well, where Jesus is awesome, that God seems to me to be kind of a dick.
"Any man who must say 'I am the king' is no true king."~Tywin Lannister, GOT

Oroboros
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Oroboros »

I have to add, the most "Christ-like" MAN I have ever met- Is Hindu :).

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Cerber wrote:Anyone would be willing to share their views on "great lord and savour" Jesus Christ?
A. What is he,
B. what do you think of him,
C. how do you feel about him?
A. A fictional character.
B. I don't think too highly of him
C. Not very much to be honest.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Oroboros wrote:Well, if your looking for someone with firm beliefs on Jesus- I'm not the one to talk to. :)
Not at all, I was just under impression that some people around feel to be quite close to "His Majesty" so I thought I better ask first before I accidentally insult somebody's beliefs, way of life etc.
Desecrated wrote: A. A fictional character.
To what extent?

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by AbraxianChaos »

Napoli wrote:When I was a Muslim I seemed to be very fond of Jesus; even more than Muhammad which should not be the case. I don't have any explanation for it though. I felt he was a better man than the last prophet of Islam because he did not go to war, did not marry several women and kept a lot of female slaves to be used sexually.
During my brief tenure as a Muslim (about 3 years), I felt the same about Nabi Isa (AS). Muhammad seemed so brash and seemed to be more a vessel for a message rather than a true prophet, whatever any of that really means.

These days I don't think about Jesus in any way other than the way I see people worship him as a god, or a son of a god, who he also is... or whatever. I despise most churches. I despise the white dude image bestowed on him. I despise all the words that are attributed to him. I've lived in the Southern US pretty much all my life and they have taken what could very well have been a pretty good idea and warped it into something completely ridiculous and laughable... but also VERY dangerous. I see Jesus as the vanguard of the movement to shove more Christianity into places it doesn't belong.

But again... I don't think about Jesus all that often. I try to stay as far away from religion as possible, unless I'm shifting belief to draw power from something for something else. That's about all its good for.

So... yeah...
"The hero is he who smashes idols... and the idol of every man is his ego." - Ibn Arabi

Oroboros
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Oroboros »

AbraxianChaos wrote:
Napoli wrote:
These days I don't think about Jesus in any way other than the way I see people worship him as a god, or a son of a god, who he also is... or whatever. I despise most churches. I despise the white dude image bestowed on him. I despise all the words that are attributed to him. I've lived in the Southern US pretty much all my life and they have taken what could very well have been a pretty good idea and warped it into something completely ridiculous and laughable... but also VERY dangerous. I see Jesus as the vanguard of the movement to shove more Christianity into places it doesn't belong.

But again... I don't think about Jesus all that often. I try to stay as far away from religion as possible, unless I'm shifting belief to draw power from something for something else. That's about all its good for.

So... yeah...
Right?!

That's kind of what religion does. Takes good ideas and ideals and turn them into "Lucille". (Something to beat people into submission with.)

How DID a Hebrew carpenters son come to be imagined as an emaciated white dude?!

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

It's not supposed to be taken in direct way, his white skin symbolises purity of his soul etc, I would guess, maybe [rolleyes]
But maybe they are lacking sunshine in heaven and his skin lost pigmentation, naturally, over 2000 years..

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Cerber wrote: To what extent?
"A fictional character is a person in a work of art. If it is a made-up person or imaginary person (not someone who really or actually lived) it is a "fictional character". Some examples are Kermit the Frog, Yoda, SpongeBob SquarePants, Bambi or Jesus."

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Oroboros wrote: How DID a Hebrew carpenters son come to be imagined as an emaciated white dude?!
Xenophanes:

"The Ethiops say that their gods are flat-nosed and black,
While the Thracians say that theirs have blue eyes and red hair.
Yet if cattle or horses or lions had hands and could draw,
And could sculpt like men, then the horses would draw their gods
Like horses, and cattle like cattle; and each they would shape
Bodies of gods in the likeness, each kind, of their own.”

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Desecrated wrote:
Cerber wrote: To what extent?
"A fictional character is a person in a work of art. If it is a made-up person or imaginary person (not someone who really or actually lived) it is a "fictional character". Some examples are Kermit the Frog, Yoda, SpongeBob SquarePants, Bambi or Jesus."
So that was then, what about now?
Kermit the Frog, Yoda, SpongeBob SquarePants, Bambi don't have up to a billion souls every other night praying, meditating to their image. Well Yoda might have few millions but still long way to go. Where does all that energy goes? Who do they feed?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Cerber wrote:Who do they feed?
They are sacrificing their imagination to their own delusions.

Oroboros
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Oroboros »

Desecrated wrote:
Cerber wrote:Who do they feed?
They are sacrificing their imagination to their own delusions.
First of all, in the absence of a like button- I'd like to say- Desecrated- I enjoy your utter absence of bullshit, matter of factness.:)

I'd also like to run with Cerber's comment for a minute for the sake of discussion...

Okay, so what is a thought form then? Is there not something to the idea that if enough human energy is put into a persona- be it Jesus(for example) or any other damn thing- let's say "the boogie man": That that thing can become manifest in some way.

I THINK so... I rather enjoy urban legends, and this is part of the reason. Most of it's bullshit. However, there is usually a hell of a back story if your willing to dig for it. And, to the topic at hand, while I've never come across a crying baby at a "cry baby bridge" type location- I have come across SOMETHING. At areas that are the focus of intense local legends- sometimes have exactly shit there- but sometimes there is a presence, activity etc. AND I have to wonder, if its related to people driving by, walking by, hanging out, all focusing on some kind of scary shit, until they have unwittingly created a thought form. Of course the reverse happens too- where there was always something there and that's why there are stories to begin with. I tend to think fear may be the most powerful human emotion- so I imagine it takes less fear, than praise to make a thing.

Sorry guys, I suck at being concise. Abrupt and terse I can do, concise, not so much.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I have issues with a lot of Christian dogma and stories, but I don't have any problem with Jesus. Granted, I don't know a whole lot about him, but everything I've heard I like. If nothing else, he's a good focus for devotional work and a sort of bridging avatar to link one with divinity.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Fascinating. The entire rainbow of opinions.
I personally think he is a master of occultism, of sorts. He is the first and so far the only mortal that managed to find a way to achieve divinity intentionally or accidentally, a bit of both maybe. Maybe Moses and Mohamed as well to a much lesser extent. And even to device a scheme to award some of it's divinity to his most devoted followers. Through scheming, lies and deception he build up a metaphysical pyramid and put his throne at the very top where he has been ruling his flock (almost third of the mortal world) directly and having significant influence on the rest of it through the "carved stones" that he is sitting on. A criminal gang that lift them self to become the ruling party through scheming, stealing, blackmail, drug dealing and mass murder.
I had an encounter with hi majesty once. Or, to be politically correct, with some entity that presented it self as him, in all of the grandeur, vanity and arrogance. I paid my respects, I knelled and that d!ck just slapped me in the face and laughed and me and and pointed to his right where all my graves lie saying there will be many more,as many as he pleases if I continue to mess around in his monkey business.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Cerber wrote:pointed to his right where all my graves lie saying there will be many more,as many as he pleases if I continue to mess around in his monkey business.
If you don't mind can you please expand on it?
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Napoli wrote:
Cerber wrote:pointed to his right where all my graves lie saying there will be many more,as many as he pleases if I continue to mess around in his monkey business.
If you don't mind can you please expand on it?
On what specifically?

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

The monkey business of Jesus and how you wanted to mess with it. Also, I didn't understand the graves part.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I didn't either but keep in mind he's talking about an entity that presented itself as Jesus which isn't uncommon. The bible itself has a few references about lying spirits.

You also said Jesus sits on a pyramid built on lies and schemes etc. which makes sense, but I never thought of Jesus himself as a scam artist or manipulator who wanted material gain. He was just an everybody love everybody white mage, right?
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Napoli wrote:The monkey business of Jesus and how you wanted to mess with it. Also, I didn't understand the graves part.
I don't quite understand "monkey business" of Jesus and what it had to do with me either. I don't really think there is anything I could do to mess him up even if I wanted to for any reason, I don't really think I have any reason. I don't know. I have some instinctive deep distrust and dislike of his persona, but I have no recollection of the source or the cause of that discord.
It all might have been just a fragment of a memory from long time ago, something I might have done before all this. Or maybe future.
Graves were more like gravestones floating suspended in the air, or more like just projected holographic representation of the "physical memory". A dozen of "images of gravestones" circling, vibrating, buzzing, with inscriptions of different names and dates in different languages neither of which I was allowed to read no matter how hard I tried, inscription would dissolve every time I would try to read it and reaper if I turn away.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

If he is truly one of those ascended masters, then I am afraid he is among those who can deceive and harm the humankind in the worst possible ways.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

chowderpope wrote:I didn't either but keep in mind he's talking about an entity that presented itself as Jesus which isn't uncommon. The bible itself has a few references about lying spirits.

You also said Jesus sits on a pyramid built on lies and schemes etc. which makes sense, but I never thought of Jesus himself as a scam artist or manipulator who wanted material gain. He was just an everybody love everybody white mage, right?
I don't think he was after material gain, at least not in the long run. Maybe not from very beginning but at some point I realised there is a chance to gain divine power if he keeps his course and he used every bit of power gained to gain more power. Destruction causes along the way was just a necessary evil for the "greater cause".

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Napoli wrote:If he is truly one of those ascended masters, then I am afraid he is among those who can deceive and harm the humankind in the worst possible ways.
didn't he already do that?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

chowderpope wrote:He was just an everybody love everybody white mage, right?
Matthew 10:34

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--

Revelation 19:13

He wore a robe dipped in blood, and his title was the Word of God.
The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 5And from His mouth proceeds a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and He will rule them with an iron scepter. He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God, the Almighty. 16And He has a name written on His robe and on His thigh: King of kings and Lord of lords.…

Matthew 15:4

4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

Luke 12:47

47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”