What is Jesus

For difficult to define queries.

Cerber

Re: What is Jesus

Post by Cerber »

landing wrote:I read lately that Jesus is actually the egpytian god Rama, also called Ra....
wow, how do u think of this?
They are not the same to me

DWilke
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by DWilke »

Jesus Christ is an idea, echoed if not outright duplicated in nearly every mythology (only ones that I am aware of that don't have a Christ figure( as defined son of God, bringer of wisdom, that dies and is resurrected) are Islam, Shinto, and some other forms of animism) both predating Christianity and after. The Christ is simply put the idea that God has not abandoned us and from time to time will send wisdom directly from Godself to humanity. I am personally undecided as to if the Christ is a physical being, or if it simply exists in the stories of myth as an explanation for profound spiritual wisdom.
" And where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god..." -Joseph Campbell

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

^Good post^

And whether or not he really was a historical figure, does it even matter? What matters is how the myths/stories affect people.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

777Sloan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 777Sloan »

What is Jesus
Jesus is our friend.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

777Sloan wrote:
What is Jesus
Jesus is our friend.
If you say so ::)

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

The sound of a quiet sneeze

777Sloan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 777Sloan »

Cerber wrote:
777Sloan wrote:
What is Jesus
Jesus is our friend.
It is because it is so.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

777Sloan wrote:
Cerber wrote:
777Sloan wrote: Jesus is our friend.
It is because it is so.

So bend the knee. I'd love to join you on that, but I have knee injury so such activities far too painful for my body and soul. I'm sure you will forgive me if I remain seated.

777Sloan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 777Sloan »

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

As I came in through a sort of post-Christian RHP'ish kind of door initially I spent a fair amount of time dealing with this, as well as the Mary/Isis question.

I don't think the Qabalistic assumptions are particularly far off, especially as a lot of NDE's people have where the Christian motifs are strong seem to say a lot of things that sound suspiciously Johnian. It's interesting to me that at least a few NDE'ers have claimed that the Jesus they met had a voice that was the weighted average of all voices and had a profoundly deep familiarity to them; that's taking 'I am the true vine' quite literally.
Mary has a way of showing up to those of us who are thrown onto the magical path, usually as one of the influences that sends us there, and the Catholic church didn't skip a beat in making her 'Stella Maris', Star of the Sea, Queen of Heaven, or standing her in blue on a crescent moon.

That said I don't know if we can 100% map the Jesus encounters people have to Adam Kadmon, nor do I necessarily feel comfortable calling all of the sightings of Mary, Sophia, the White Isis, etc. together and calling them all manifestations of Yahweh Elohim. There seems to be at least a grain of truth to such ideas but this is also where it gets dangerously seductive to, as Gordon White often puts it, have a particular diagnostic tool (in this case archetypes) as a hammer and proceed to think everything's a nail. There's also the super-abstracted concepts of Ra and Ma, and there too I don't know if that's much better than saying father/mother archetype.

What's interesting to me is I've talked to at least a few other guys whose entry into the occult world was marked with Mary/Isis/Sophia encounters and it's bizarre that even for us having had such encounters we can attest to the vividness of them and the influence they had but aside from the emotional character of how we were approached we can't say much more about her.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Cybernetic_Jazz wrote: That said I don't know if we can 100% map the Jesus encounters people have to Adam Kadmon, nor do I necessarily feel comfortable calling all of the sightings of Mary, Sophia, the White Isis, etc. together and calling them all manifestations of Yahweh Elohim.
Example. Soul Splitting. You have Michael. Buer got a soul part of Michael. Kronos got a soul part of Michael. But Buer and Kronos look different don't they? One is a jack of all trades and the other carries a scythe and thinks about clocks all the time. Or do they [question]

Uncle_Papaya
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Uncle_Papaya »

DWilke wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:20 am Jesus Christ is an idea, echoed if not outright duplicated in nearly every mythology (only ones that I am aware of that don't have a Christ figure( as defined son of God, bringer of wisdom, that dies and is resurrected) are Islam, Shinto, and some other forms of animism) both predating Christianity and after.
Well in Shia (Shi'i) Islam that's not the case. The son-in-law of Prophet Muhammad (A.S.), Ali Ibn Abi Talib (one of the Twelve Imams succeeding Muhammad) is very strongly an avataric figure - who was even thought to have been worshiped or seen as "God-incarnate" by heretical Shi'ite sects known as Ghulat (exaggerators/extremists).

Outside of those Ghulat sects who were seen to deify him, in regular Shi'ism (both Twelver and Ismaili), Imam Ali has a cosmic aspect much like Jesus and Krishna - NOT a deity though but a 'locus of manifestation of the divine light'. Like those aforementioned figures, he is also a figure of wisdom (hikmah) and gnosis (marifa), a bearer of the divine light (nur).

The true orthodox Islam (aka, non-Sunni) is very strongly Gnostic (not in the sense of the early pre-Christian movement), at the same time it's not dualistic like many forms of Gnosticism. It affirms the Oneness (Tawhid) of the Absolute.

As a very important Hadith states;

Prophet Muhammad (A.S.) said:
"Ali! Had I not been afraid that Muslims will start regarding you as the Christians regard the Christ, I would have said things about you which would have made the Muslims venerate you and to consider the dust of your feet as something worth venerating; but it will suffice to say that you are from me and I am from you; you will inherit me and I will inherit you; you are to me what Aaron was to Moses; you will fight for my cause; you will be nearest to me on the Day of Judgement; you will be next to me on the fountain of Kauthar; enmity against you is enmity against me; a war against you is a war against me; your friendship is my friendship; to be at peace with you is to be at peace with me; your flesh is my flesh; your blood is my blood; who will obey you will obey me. Truth is on your tongue, in your heart and in your mind. You have as much faith in Allah as I have. You are door to me. As per orders of Allah I give you these tidings that your supporters will be rewarded in Paradise and your enemies will be punished in Hell."

Shemuel Ben Sabbatai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shemuel Ben Sabbatai »

I view Jesus as A messiah, one of them.

More specifically, he’s kinda like the opposite of Moses, where Moses wrote the Torah, the laws of Israel, Jesus actively broke the Torah many times. Moses described God as Jealous and fierce, Jesus’s God is merciful and patient. With all of these contradictions, there is one conclusion. Jesus and Moses where (in my opinion, not fact) talking about different forms of divinity. Moses spoke of Arich Anpin, while Jesus spoke of Zeir Anpin.

Or maybe not.... I dunno... maybe?
“Is it true that Mashiach [the Messiah] will come in a generation that is either wholly good or wholly evil?”
“Yes.”
“Then which direction should we take?”
“The Evil Inclination is the Mother of the King; but Holiness will be the first to greet Him when He rises from the dust.”
-Jacob Frank

Kronus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kronus »

Well, in my opinion, Jesus is an ascended master that came to teach us about our own powers. That we are all creators, " created in gods image ", and we can form our own path and the world around us.

Historically, Jesus existed, that is certain. However, the church has used him and his name to fill their chambers with gold and power.

Jesus was a Master of the " occult " and taught mankind how to do it themselves.

We are created by a " God " to be " Gods ". We are really not supposed to be here, but we are. We are truly a very special race...

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Believe it or not, but there was a day when I had two Seraphs standing in front of me and very passionately explaining to me, even with some drawings and diagrams, explaining how does "abusing and raping a child in the present translate to some greater good further down the line, and I'm messing with things that my very limited awareness cannot comprehend, and disrupting something divinely good in the works", while I was standing there with my ears bleeding, thinking "I may be just a dumb dog, but you are a god damn psychopaths".. So while I have no intention of changing anybody's personal believes, nor does certain believes of others bother me to any significant degree, as for my self, I just noped the heck out of anything and everything even remotely related to that and those things up there.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”