What is Jesus

For difficult to define queries.

User avatar
Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor
Posts: 3223
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:50 pm
Location: The north

Re: What is Jesus

Post by Desecrated »

Oroboros wrote: Is there not something to the idea that if enough human energy is put into a persona- be it Jesus(for example) or any other damn thing- let's say "the boogie man": That that thing can become manifest in some way.
I would say that those things tends to manifest inside the head instead of outside it.
But there are some interesting gray areas where thought can interact with reality, but maybe not so strong that something just manifest itself out of thin air.

777Sloan
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:55 pm

Re: What is Jesus

Post by 777Sloan »

Cerber wrote:What is Jesus
The Lord and Savior of any Soul who would but give up heathen practices, and sincerely accept Him into the heart.

...Is the perspective of many.

Personally, I suspect he did actually exist. If I had to give my own view...it is my sense that he was simply but one Soul who realized the Absolute, learned to live from it, abiding in it, as it, and after living of That Space preaching among the people long enough, eventually attracted the wrong type of attention, via the powers that be demonizing him, and perhaps worse, the people later deifying him.

Curiously, the individuals who abide in the Absolute seem to be deified most, by those who personally know That Space least.

Mr. Fenrir
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:09 pm

Re: What is Jesus

Post by Mr. Fenrir »

Cerber wrote:Anyone would be willing to share their views on "great lord and savour" Jesus Christ?
What is he, what do you think of him, how do you feel about him?
I don't believe that Jesus is the son of Tengri (God). He was a great and influental mage of his era. Though we don't know much about him personally (we know what he did but not what his personality was). I respect his laws as the ones most stable in peace, (at least in my knowledge) but his laws are worthless during times of war (not pragmatic enough).

User avatar
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 976
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 2:24 pm
Location: Kingdom of Britannia
Contact:

Re: What is Jesus

Post by Cerber »

Thanks, Fenrir. Cheers for the name
Image

priam18
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: What is Jesus

Post by priam18 »

Hi guys

New member here but I saw this thread and felt I'd drop in my two cents.

To start off, I do believe Jesus is the Son of God. For me, after analyzing the Bible, thinking about the message of Jesus Christ and the demands He places on us in terms of having faith, belief in Him, and the Resurrection, He and His message fit the picture of a loving and just God who further extends His hand to humanity in order to bridge what was previously an unbridgeable gap between God and man.

Make no mistake, I don't fully understand Jesus and as a Christian there are several beliefs about Him that I have that are constantly challenged, but I've personally found that the more I rely on Him and His teachings and attempt to put His worldview as a priority in my life, the more I do come to an understanding of Him.

Belief in Jesus for me requires a certain acknowledgement that there is very little I ,as a human being, actually know. It requires falling back to my basic understanding of what it means to read, to interpret, to put a and b together. It also requires having faith in Him. For me, this has always been somewhat lopsided: on the one hand, I grew up in a Christian household and did see miracles being done in our life. Yet the more I separated myself from my family, the more I had to develop a personal faith in Jesus as the Christ; and this part has been very hard for me. It required letting go of the 'wowness' of some of the miracles I saw and question what their purpose was and how exactly they came to be. It's what has actually led me to these forums since I see here a community of people struggling with spirituality in different levels and how spirituality can and does manifest into tangible daily life.

I believe Jesus is the key to that and He has the blueprint through which we can also come to that understanding. Take the teaching of showing kindness to enemies, for example. Any way you look at it, this was a radical teaching back then and it still remains quite radical to this day. Literally looking at people who put you down and treating them with love instead - it forces a spiritual empathy that without it, one would be stuck in an ever ending cycle of tit for tat. Seeing how Jesus, as the Son of God, humbled himself kind of sets an example for me as to how power should be handled in a responsible and ethical manner, despite whatever complicated circumstance may arise.

I'm still learning in my personal spiritual walk, but I like where I am now and I have to say it's all because of Him.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:37 pm

Re: What is Jesus

Post by inMalkuth »

Jesus is a Master of compassion. If you understand the benefit of having a compassionate view, it is easy to see why he is a savior. The word Lord is applied by those that accept him as their master.

The typical reason people deny Christ isnt so much that they deny the effects of compassion, its that they believe they are just as powerful a mage as Jesus, and do not want to bend their knee to an acknowledged Master. This doesnt make them a Master, it makes them a solitary witch.

User avatar
chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 740
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:32 am

Re: What is Jesus

Post by chowderpope »

What about those witches who reject Jesus and practice in a coven? Do you call them solitary witches, too?
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

User avatar
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 976
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 2:24 pm
Location: Kingdom of Britannia
Contact:

Re: What is Jesus

Post by Cerber »

inMalkuth wrote:Jesus is a Master of compassion.
And you were told that by who? Jesus him self? Or pagans of the world who had joy to experience his compassion first had?
On the other hand if you were just joking, then it's a good one [thumbup]
Image

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:13 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: What is Jesus

Post by violetstar »

chowderpope wrote:What about those witches who reject Jesus and practice in a coven? Do you call them solitary witches, too?
In the hope of helping to answer the question:

There is more evidence that Jesus existed and that Jesus Christ was invented for religious and political reasons.The two are thetefore entirely different figures.

There is no evidence that 'witches' ever existed but lots of evidence they were created by various authorities in attempt to apportion blame for societal ills and misfortune.

I have not personally heard of a 'witch' who had ever accepted Jesus or the later polemical 'Christ' figure.
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

User avatar
chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 740
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:32 am

Re: What is Jesus

Post by chowderpope »

violetstar wrote:
chowderpope wrote:What about those witches who reject Jesus and practice in a coven? Do you call them solitary witches, too?
In the hope of helping to answer the question:

There is more evidence that Jesus existed and that Jesus Christ was invented for religious and political reasons.The two are thetefore entirely different figures.

There is no evidence that 'witches' ever existed but lots of evidence they were created by various authorities in attempt to apportion blame for societal ills and misfortune.

I have not personally heard of a 'witch' who had ever accepted Jesus or the later polemical 'Christ' figure.
Thanks, but my question was rhetorical for the sake of shedding light on a silly statement.

As far as witches not existing, I kinda see what you mean but I would have to disagree. Whatever you want to call it, the arts of witchcraft have been practiced since prehistory. Yes, witchcraft, folk medicine, folk magic (whatever you want to call it), was demonized by the Christian church but they didn't invent witches. They probably exaggerated the abilities and characteristics of the people they demonized, making them seem more monster-like, but I don't think they created them.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:13 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: What is Jesus

Post by violetstar »

chowderpope wrote:
violetstar wrote:
chowderpope wrote:What about those witches who reject Jesus and practice in a coven? Do you call them solitary witches, too?
In the hope of helping to answer the question:

There is more evidence that Jesus existed and that Jesus Christ was invented for religious and political reasons.The two are thetefore entirely different figures.

There is no evidence that 'witches' ever existed but lots of evidence they were created by various authorities in attempt to apportion blame for societal ills and misfortune.

I have not personally heard of a 'witch' who had ever accepted Jesus or the later polemical 'Christ' figure.
Thanks, but my question was rhetorical for the sake of shedding light on a silly statement.

As far as witches not existing, I kinda see what you mean but I would have to disagree. Whatever you want to call it, the arts of witchcraft have been practiced since prehistory. Yes, witchcraft, folk medicine, folk magic (whatever you want to call it), was demonized by the Christian church but they didn't invent witches. They probably exaggerated the abilities and characteristics of the people they demonized, making them seem more monster-like, but I don't think they created them.
Folk magic and medicine or other popular beliefs are not witchcraft.Your views are a common line of thought here but in disagreement with the evidence formed history.Exaggeration of the accused persons supposed powers and their allegiance to the Devil is however correct.

But I guess I was taking the OP serious and did not realise. [sadface]
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:37 pm

Re: What is Jesus

Post by inMalkuth »

chowderpope wrote:What about those witches who reject Jesus and practice in a coven? Do you call them solitary witches, too?

Thanks for keeping me on my toes. No, covens are obviously not solitary. And, there are masters of other things. And witchcraft and paganism is simply a name for people that practice unconventional methods to attain to spiritual knowledge.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:37 pm

Re: What is Jesus

Post by inMalkuth »

Cerber wrote:
inMalkuth wrote:Jesus is a Master of compassion.
And you were told that by who? Jesus him self? Or pagans of the world who had joy to experience his compassion first had?
On the other hand if you were just joking, then it's a good one [thumbup]

Anything less than forgiveness and unconditional love is not freedom. Without these things, we are bound to circumstance, and to my poor decisions and the poor decisions of others, and to environment, and any number of less than perfect things. If you bind yourself to these things, then I advise you to start figuring out what perfection is so that you can transcend the wheel and accomplish immortality, or success, or whatever it is youre after. I hope you find it, because many, many great people have tried.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 598
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: What is Jesus

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

"And witchcraft and paganism is simply a name for people that practice unconventional methods to attain to spiritual knowledge."

Absolutely incorrect...but you are so good at making statements like this... [thumbup]

User avatar
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 976
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 2:24 pm
Location: Kingdom of Britannia
Contact:

Re: What is Jesus

Post by Cerber »

inMalkuth wrote: Anything less than forgiveness and unconditional love is not freedom. Without these things, we are bound to circumstance, and to my poor decisions and the poor decisions of others, and to environment, and any number of less than perfect things. If you bind yourself to these things, then I advise you to start figuring out what perfection is so that you can transcend the wheel and accomplish immortality, or success, or whatever it is youre after. I hope you find it, because many, many great people have tried.
You are exaggerating the meaning, the purpose and the divinity of love and other emotions. That's just emotions to be manipulated. Primitive entities induce primitive feelings (fear, anger, passion) while "sophisticated ones" fills your hearth with fancy stuff like what you have mentioned - forgiveness and unconditional love, if you just let them in. There is nothing much more to it, I believe. But if His grass is the greenest to you, then it (His "forgiveness and unconditional love") can guide you to the right place when your flesh reaches its expiry date. At least I assume it might, haven’t really tried it, I can find my way around by my self.
violetstar wrote: But I guess I was taking the OP serious and did not realise. [sadface]
Who's not serious? I was serious.
But I didn't quite understand your definition of witch and witchcraft. What actually qualify as such? I remember my mom said once long time ago that somewhere far back on our DNA road there was one very powerful witch that nobody talks about. There is no evidence, just a family myth, and some day to day oddities that get passed from one generation to another.
Image

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:37 pm

Re: What is Jesus

Post by inMalkuth »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:"And witchcraft and paganism is simply a name for people that practice unconventional methods to attain to spiritual knowledge."

Absolutely incorrect...but you are so good at making statements like this... [thumbup]
Unconventional definition:

not based on or conforming to what is generally done or believed: "his unconventional approach to life"

Are you suggesting that all people practice witchcraft and magick?

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:37 pm

Re: What is Jesus

Post by inMalkuth »

Cerber wrote:
inMalkuth wrote: Anything less than forgiveness and unconditional love is not freedom. Without these things, we are bound to circumstance, and to my poor decisions and the poor decisions of others, and to environment, and any number of less than perfect things. If you bind yourself to these things, then I advise you to start figuring out what perfection is so that you can transcend the wheel and accomplish immortality, or success, or whatever it is youre after. I hope you find it, because many, many great people have tried.
You are exaggerating the meaning, the purpose and the divinity of love and other emotions. That's just emotions to be manipulated. Primitive entities induce primitive feelings (fear, anger, passion) while "sophisticated ones" fills your hearth with fancy stuff like what you have mentioned - forgiveness and unconditional love, if you just let them in. There is nothing much more to it, I believe. But if His grass is the greenest to you, then it (His "forgiveness and unconditional love") can guide you to the right place when your flesh reaches its expiry date. At least I assume it might, haven’t really tried it, I can find my way around by my self.
violetstar wrote: But I guess I was taking the OP serious and did not realise. [sadface]
Who's not serious? I was serious.
But I didn't quite understand your definition of witch and witchcraft. What actually qualify as such? I remember my mom said once long time ago that somewhere far back on our DNA road there was one very powerful witch that nobody talks about. There is no evidence, just a family myth, and some day to day oddities that get passed from one generation to another.

If you can honestly tell me that you are a happy person, enjoying life, coming onto this forum and naysaying 90% of what people suggest then, by all means, whatever floats your boat man. As I said in another post you neednt worry, we constantly reveal who we are every time we open our mouths.

User avatar
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 976
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 2:24 pm
Location: Kingdom of Britannia
Contact:

Re: What is Jesus

Post by Cerber »

inMalkuth wrote: If you can honestly tell me that you are a happy person, enjoying life, coming onto this forum and naysaying 90% of what people suggest then, by all means, whatever floats your boat man. As I said in another post you neednt worry, we constantly reveal who we are every time we open our mouths.
I've never said that, I might have even mentioned actually somewhere that I'm not "happy person, enjoying life". If you don't take my words as something that should be applied for those 90% of people then you wouldn't have anything to be frustrated about. We are not the same, and very unlikely we will ever be, you might as well stop assuming than we might be.
Image

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:37 pm

Re: What is Jesus

Post by inMalkuth »

Cerber wrote:
inMalkuth wrote: If you can honestly tell me that you are a happy person, enjoying life, coming onto this forum and naysaying 90% of what people suggest then, by all means, whatever floats your boat man. As I said in another post you neednt worry, we constantly reveal who we are every time we open our mouths.
I've never said that, I might have even mentioned actually somewhere that I'm not "happy person, enjoying life". If you don't take my words as something that should be applied for those 90% of people then you wouldn't have anything to be frustrated about. We are not the same, and very unlikely we will ever be, you might as well stop assuming than we might be.

Why would people seeking spiritual enlightenment, which is essentially discovering a good, happy and content life, listen to someone who obviously has not discovered this for himself? You do not frustrate me, though it is disheartening to hear when someone is so obviously unhappy.

User avatar
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 976
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 2:24 pm
Location: Kingdom of Britannia
Contact:

Re: What is Jesus

Post by Cerber »

inMalkuth wrote:
Why would people seeking spiritual enlightenment, which is essentially discovering a good, happy and content life, listen to someone who obviously has not discovered this for himself? You do not frustrate me, though it is disheartening to hear when someone is so obviously unhappy.
If that's the only thing you seek, why would you bother with anything complicated to begin with? Dedicate your life, your mind and soul to Lord Jesus and he will grant you all those bread crumbs you desire (more or less).
Sometimes it's really hard for me to make sense of the things you say, I have to admit, but I'm trying. What a hell is "spiritual enlightenment"? "which is essentially discovering a good, happy and content life"? You seek happiness and satisfaction in your material physical short life and call it "spiritual enlightenment? like.. what? you give me some new form of "brain freeze".. I really have no idea how chew on that. It's as if I’m trying to communicate with someone from alternate reality. I do not understand your thought concepts.
Image

User avatar
chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 740
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:32 am

Re: What is Jesus

Post by chowderpope »

inMalkuth wrote:
Why would people seeking spiritual enlightenment, which is essentially discovering a good, happy and content life, listen to someone who obviously has not discovered this for himself? You do not frustrate me, though it is disheartening to hear when someone is so obviously unhappy.
I think this is a common misconception, that the goal of spirituality is happiness. That's why you see so many new age frauds walking around with fake smiles plastered on, pretending everything is butterflies and rainbows. Happiness and sadness are dualistic side effects of being in a body, therefore unrelated to spirit. If you aim to live a life devoid of sadness, you are robbing yourself, because you cannot have happiness without sadness.

You're going to notice that people continue to get annoyed with your condescension. Either you'll willingly get off the high horse or it will buck you off.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

User avatar
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 976
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 2:24 pm
Location: Kingdom of Britannia
Contact:

Re: What is Jesus

Post by Cerber »

In happy places nothing grows.
Image

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 598
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: What is Jesus

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

inMalkuth wrote:
Shawn Blackwolf wrote:"And witchcraft and paganism is simply a name for people that practice unconventional methods to attain to spiritual knowledge."

Absolutely incorrect...but you are so good at making statements like this... [thumbup]
Unconventional definition:

not based on or conforming to what is generally done or believed: "his unconventional approach to life"

Are you suggesting that all people practice witchcraft and magick?
1. Witchcraft is an art and practice ( praxis ) which has extremely little to do with spiritual knowledge ,
if anything at all to do with it...it is the Sublime Art of altering reality , which can encompass boon ,
bind , or bane , for starters...it can be basic kitchen witchery ( still very deep and complex ) , all
the way to opening portals between dimensions...and accessing powers and communing with spirits...

Or gods and goddesses , but not for "spiritual knowledge" 999 times out of 1000...

2. Paganism , is a name which is an umbrella term for many , many , many traditions...

Some would seek "spiritual knowledge" , many do not...some pagans are total atheists...

As far as unconventional...Christianity was considered a blasphemous cult , in it's early years...

It became mainstream , only by the imposition and conversion by force , of which it was so fond... [wink]

It would behoove you to do some research before making absurd statements... [thumbup]

User avatar
Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 976
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 2:24 pm
Location: Kingdom of Britannia
Contact:

Re: What is Jesus

Post by Cerber »

I'm not entirely sure what you call "spiritual knowledge" but I still disagree, you can't have the skill to cook up things without "knowledge", be it conscious or subconscious, instinctive, but it's still there.
On the other hand if you go out there giving your "email address" to everybody, sticking it on ever road sign, every corner and every bus stop with a note asking for "spiritual knowledge" you will most definitely going to get loads of "knowledge".. loads of SPAM. Things you asked for but you don't really need.
Image

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 598
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: What is Jesus

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

You can disagree , yet I am still correct...

Knowledge is knowledge , without any addendum , or preceding restriction to what type of knowledge...

When you precede it with the word "spiritual" it takes on a whole 'nother meaning...

Why don't you look up the term on at least 20 sites , from differing perspectives , then get back to me
with some backup to try to convince me you are right ?

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”