Proper practice and study?

For difficult to define queries.

Oakheart
Forum Member
Forum Member

Proper practice and study?

Post by Oakheart »

Hello everybody,

I was once a low-key active member here but I forgot about this forum sadly once I had no time left to study and practice the occult.
(I honestly remember, a few years ago this place was slighlty more active and had higher quality topics and discussions but oh well... Looks like almost all of the guys I knew are no longer active either)

Back to the topic: I find that not many people actualy study and practice properly. I fell into this trap before , don't want to again.
I'm interested in kaballah (both jewish and hermetic) but primary in practical kaballah and in it's practice.
If any of you are willing to share any info on the practical side please do it. I also accept any good book/site recomendations on the subject but please bare in mind I am primary interested in materials on how to practice it .

Also if any of you know a good site to study the Bible?

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Proper practice and study?

Post by inMalkuth »

The way I use Kabbalah is to recognize that the heart is Tiphareth, and that my ideal therefore should be to find and to emulate beauty in everything I do. That means to be beautiful in my moments of strength, and mercy, and knowledge, and wisdom... etc. I have my own sort of diagram that I use for deeper contemplation, but the tree of life is meant to propose what the Divine would like from you.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

If you're serious about a regimented program of study and practice, I would go with Bardon's initiation into hermetics, evocation, and kabbalah work, starting with IIH. I would not depend on Bardon's work by itself though as his style of writing coupled with the fact that it was translated into English make it unnecessarily difficult to read. I recommend getting the Bardon Companion by Rawn Clark. If you are resourceful enough to know where to get PDFs, this is all within your reach.

Also, concerning the bible, I feel like it's been so obscured from any of the original intent or inner truth that it's not really worth getting into. I would be more apt to recommend the gnostic scriptures to someone interested in the occult.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

From Daniel's own website , so he is putting it online...

http://www.workofthechariot.com/PDF/qabalah.pdf

Daniel has some daily meditations which may be used...

Stan Tenen's videos ( just a few )

https://www.google.com/search?q=Stan+Te ... 8&oe=utf-8

I recommend watching his videos on the hand movements
and the Hebrew Aleph - Beth , after his others , including first
"Geometric Metaphors Of Life" , then putting those hand meditations
into daily practice...google more of Stan's videos...

Many read , few practice , especially on daily level...

Then there is the more esoteric , though what became a "new age" phenomena ,
however very valid in it's practice , the Merkabah Teachings...

The recent version became known as the "Flower Of Life"...

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1366& ... LmJKOTgDUI

Oakheart
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Oakheart »

@inMalkuth ,I heard about stuff like this before but Why would you do this with the 6th sephira instead of Kether or a higher one? Is this the only thing you practice from kaballah?

@Desecrated , thanks for the links man. The site seems to be 100% jewish

chowderpope wrote:If you're serious about a regimented program of study and practice, I would go with Bardon's initiation into hermetics, evocation, and kabbalah work, starting with IIH. I would not depend on Bardon's work by itself though as his style of writing coupled with the fact that it was translated into English make it unnecessarily difficult to read. I recommend getting the Bardon Companion by Rawn Clark. If you are resourceful enough to know where to get PDFs, this is all within your reach.

Also, concerning the bible, I feel like it's been so obscured from any of the original intent or inner truth that it's not really worth getting into. I would be more apt to recommend the gnostic scriptures to someone interested in the occult.

Yeah , after all these years I'm still not sure if I have the discipline and time for Bardon's system. I have read his works a long time ago but never managed to pass step 1 properly . About his book about kabbalah I just don't feel like it is true either to the mainstream jewish tradition or the hermetic stuff from the Golden Dawn or even some earlier sources. Make no mistake , I believe it is ''the true kabbalah' just like he claims it to be only it evolved diferently... and definetly works.
I heard a story years ago that he was so proeficent with it he could make the weather change in an instant and (combined with his other knowledge and skills could evoke spirits almost to phisical form).
He states as a prerequsite the student needs to complete step 8 from his first book or something equivalent from another system before the 3rd book can be put to practical use and I don't feel like getting anything other than theory and a few ideas out of it before butchering it so I can practice from my level.

Isn't the Rawn Clark guy the same guy that pretended many years ago on veritas forums to be enlightened but despite his advanced level turned out to be a teenager still very far from it?

Sure the Bible was heavily edited but still if you combine the new testament with those gnostic writings and other texts found in caves it's very interesting and I think it is definetly worth it .

@Shawn Blackwolf , thanks for the links man I will check them out.. do you practice these?
Yeah many read .. few practice... and from those few many barely read and study and end up not having the foundations in theory.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Have practiced those in past , to get me where I am now...

Still do , at times , together with other parts of my Tradition...

Here is one of the other trees I work with on many levels ,
from raising Blue Fire , to Elemental Ritual , to Sonic Calls ,
and multidimensional meditations on bind rune constructs...

Think Web of Weyyrd , and Eleven Dimensional Strings for
a beginning...

Then of course , in my Tradition , there is the Tarot correspondence...

You shall as well , in your meditation on the Hebrew Tree , find it folds
at Sephiroth points , into a throne , with back , seat , and Malkuth as a footstool...

Which leads one to an interesting meditation , as when one is seated within it ,
then all left - right Sephiroth polarizations are switched...

Pillar of Mercy / Pillar of Severity , left / right hand...and brain...

When one enters the temple , and studies , not just looks at the temple , from
outside , one day one may take the throne , and state :

"Heaven Is My Throne , Earth My Footstool"...

By the way...Did you know Wolf , or Justin ?

( a friend )
Attachments
rsz_18tarotattributions.jpg
rsz_20fourierdiagram.jpg
rsz_23runictree-2fix.jpg
Last edited by Shawn Blackwolf on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Oakheart wrote: Isn't the Rawn Clark guy the same guy that pretended many years ago on veritas forums to be enlightened but despite his advanced level turned out to be a teenager still very far from it?
I'm not sure. I hadn't heard of that. You may be thinking of inMalkuth. [rofl]

I recommend at least giving Rawn's Bardon Companion a peek because he cuts through all the unnecessary verbiage and tells you in plain English exactly what to do for the exercises.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Is that a BKISSC , Chowderpope ?

Bardon's Kiss Companion...

( Keep It Simple Stupid )... [wink] ... [thumbup]

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Exactly, which is what Bardon's work really needed, IMO.

Procel
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Procel »

English writing of that era was obtuse enough. German translated to English then passed down a couple generations makes for a hard time to really dig into. Add to that the basic fact that it's a slow process and it's easy to see why so many of us start that path but don't go far with it. Shame, because it is clearly a powerful path.

Oakheart
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Oakheart »

The guy had a bardon campanion book written as well I think that's why I asked..

@Shawn Blackwolf.I have no idea what the blue fire or cosmic calls (something with the enochian calls ?) Were did you get the rune-tarot card associasons from? Also , have you gone ''up and down the tree''?

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Last question first...

Pathworking The Tree ?

Of course...one of the first deeper practices I did...

Of course , there is a way which opens doors
to the tunnels , or wormholes between...

We have a saying : "To Open Door Both Sign And Seal"...

Visualization in the astral dreamtime is a most wonderful thing... [wink]

Now , not "cosmic calls"...

Sonic calls...not normal galdr , as known today , but what most know as
the rune "Thurisaz" today , we know as "Dhoarnn" , with one of 77 levels
of meaning , meaning a horn...

Thus , the sonic call would be "D'hhhoooaaaarrrnnnn"...think of a Tibetan
long horn , Roland or Heimdall's horn , a Shofar , etc...

( I can extend that call for over a minute , easily )

So yes , very similar to Enochian calls... [thumbup]

Blue Fire...here is a link that simply explains it , then a link where I go into
other relations of usage , and relations to the Tree I posted...

http://www.feritradition.com/grimoire/p ... uefire.htm

( not from my tradition , but traditions overlap )

http://www.paganspace.net/forum/topics/ ... -blue-fire

( my work , from my tradition )

Rune - Tarot attributions ?

Passed down through Tradition...a long time ago... [wink]

Study them if you choose...you shall see why they are what they are...

Though there are many levels to the runes not commonly known , or even
when they are known , rarely revealed...

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Lady of the Hunt wrote:
chowderpope wrote:If you're serious about a regimented program of study and practice, I would go with Bardon's initiation into hermetics, evocation, and kabbalah work, starting with IIH. I would not depend on Bardon's work by itself though as his style of writing coupled with the fact that it was translated into English make it unnecessarily difficult to read. I recommend getting the Bardon Companion by Rawn Clark. If you are resourceful enough to know where to get PDFs, this is all within your reach.

Hi I was hoping you could explain what the secret inner truth of the bible was please
Hi. This truth is pointed to in all the great spiritual mythologies of the world. You can find it in Hinduism, Buddhism, Daoism, Christianity, et cetera. These myths act as road signs that point to a reality which can only be experienced and cannot be adequately explained.

From Wikipedia:
In Hinduism, Brahman connotes the highest Universal Principle, the Ultimate Reality in the universe. In major schools of Hindu philosophy, it is the material, efficient, formal and final cause of all that exists. It is the pervasive, genderless, infinite, eternal truth and bliss which does not change, yet is the cause of all changes. Brahman as a metaphysical concept is the single binding unity behind the diversity in all that exists in the universe.
In my opinion, God the Father in Christianity is the same as Brahman in Hinduism. It is the eternal source behind everything that exists. The aim of the theurgist or mystic is to unite their consciousness with this source, thus attaining self-perfection.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Lady of the Hunt wrote:do you think that the outer truth has anything to do with this secret world that only a few experience? I am wondering what truth is true, other than its something that cant be explained.
There is no truth except for that which can't be adequately explained, it can only be experienced, but like I said there are religious myths that act as road maps. That experience has been called nirvana, no-self, ultimate reality, unity, salvation, liberation, et cetera. If you look for truth in anything except Godhead you're going to be looking for ghosts. That's because everything is swallowed up and destroyed by time, everything except the Godhead which exists beyond dualistic nature.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Lady of the Hunt wrote:that sounds kind of nihilistic
Yeah, it kind of does. I wouldn't really put mysticism and nihilism in the same ballpark though, since, by definition, nihilists believe life is without meaning, and most nihilists I know are materialist atheists who disavow anything metaphysical.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

There's a lot to unpack there. I'll do my best. For the record, I don't claim to be the fountainhead of knowledge. I'm still putting the puzzle together.
Lady of the Hunt wrote: But if a thing defies explanation then there is no definition, and if there is no truth except that, then there is no truth, and so there is no metaphysical truth either.
Just because something cannot be accurately expressed in human language does not mean it does not exist.
Lady of the Hunt wrote: This means also that all morality is a falsehood, and so what is there to believe other than nothing matters?
Morality provides a framework for human interaction. It is a social construct. The existence of a supreme consciousness does not make morality any less valid than it does the social behavior of birds.
Lady of the Hunt wrote: You're saying that the only thing that matters is godhead, but what is that? Does this mean that the only thing that matters is becoming God? If so, what then? Are there any rules to follow from there? can you have it both ways?
I didn't say the only thing that matters is godhead, I said that the only really true thing, the only constant that does not get destroyed, is godhead, because it is beyond the world of forms and it is the source of everything.

We don't become God, we're all part of God. God is everything within and without. What you can do is experientially awaken to the reality that you are part of God.

If by having it both ways, you mean being awake and still live a mundane life, yes you can.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Lady of the Hunt wrote:what does that mean "be part of God"? I mean, what is the way we are to view things in light of God, and in light of being alive.
It means everything is sustained by God. You, me, we come from the same source and will return to it. That same source is within us, without us. Omnipotent and omnipresent.
Lady of the Hunt wrote: It seems like a lot of occultists reject any kind of moral right, choosing to adopt their own. I get that. But is it right?
Morals are totally subjective, and whether or not you think someone's morals are right or wrong is totally subjective. I think virtuous qualities are more supportive of a spiritual path, and I think when you take a spiritual path those virtuous qualities might just come automatically as you develop. You don't hear of great saints and mystics who were self-serving hedonists without moral compasses.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Lady of the Hunt wrote:well that is what makes them saintly isn't it? I mean, what makes a saint if not virtue and morals? But according to your definition it doesn't matter either way, you could still be self serving and hedonistic and be a saint
If you're self-serving and hedonistic, you love the world and you identify with the flesh too much to be enlightened. I would recommend for you to read some of the classic sacred texts if you're still curious.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Lady of the Hunt wrote:but why does rejecting the material mean you are enlightened? and lets say you reject the material, so what qualities would you then possess that would define you as a Saint if not morals? if matter isn't to be glorified then it must be actions or intellect right? At some point the material must take part in all of this, because what is the mind good for if not to lead the body?

This all leads back to moral and virtue. If pursuit of the material is not enlightenment, then pursuit of right action is the message. So why is it that we cannot agree on what right action is?
What I'm trying to say is I think that virtuous behavior is a byproduct of raising your consciousness. If I realize that we are all One, why would I want to mistreat or hurt you? I would only want to help others. My competitive drive to get ahead and get mine would naturally be diminished. So it makes sense to me that saintly behavior could be seen as a correlation to spiritual attainment. It is not proof of enlightenment, but it could be seen as a correlation. There is no proof of enlightenment, that's for the individual to experience.

Anyway, the devils advocate thing is getting pretty wearisome. I must bid you adieu for the evening!

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

chowderpope wrote:
What I'm trying to say is I think that virtuous behavior is a byproduct of raising your consciousness. If I realize that we are all One, why would I want to mistreat or hurt you? I would only want to help others. My competitive drive to get ahead and get mine would naturally be diminished. So it makes sense to me that saintly behavior could be seen as a correlation to spiritual attainment. It is not proof of enlightenment, but it could be seen as a correlation. There is no proof of enlightenment, that's for the individual to experience.

Anyway, the devils advocate thing is getting pretty wearisome. I must bid you adieu for the evening!
Seems a bit idealistic, if you ask me. On the other hand I never could grasp what other ppl mean by "enlightenment", "rised consciousness" etc

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Morals seem to take on a different form when they are taken out of a Human context. Morals serve a purpose when applied to societal structures, to maintain and preserve order. Also, morals serve a purpose in preventing people from doing things that they wouldn't want done to themselves.

Creation is very diverse, and multifaceted. So you will have the Moral, Immoral, and Amoral types to deal with - which comes from the Creator, and appears to be at odds with human constructed morals. There is no proof that morals serve any purpose when removed from the context in which they were created.

Then it gets mostly into faith, and believing that morals actually transcend anything. So it becomes something akin to believing in God, or anything else without proof.

As you move away from the material plane of existence and the structures and Humans that require systems of right and wrong it becomes more about perfected systems of creation and less about what is right and wrong.

So just because we have a Creator that appears to be indifferent. That is not necessarily the case, and could be said that it is not Evil or Indifferent but just doing what is necessary. Afterall, virtues and morals have their most profound manifestations in a dynamic system. How can Heroism exist in a world where nothing bad ever happens.

In a way it runs parallel to a philosophical question of how can there exist good without the bad to provide contrast. This doesn't appear to be the case absolutely but does add some depth perception and dynamics to creation.

Morals do appear to be a significant part of the path to enlightenment, and although people see Divinity differently with respect to morals, and even although God may appear to be indifferent. That doesn't mean it does not want you to do what is right within the context of morals created by us humans.

I moved away from my own definition of God here in an attempt to elaborate on this. As I believe the Source is oblivious to the things us Humans deal with. The intermediaries that exist between us and the Source would be more compatible with our system of morals than God itself.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Lady of the Hunt wrote:its ultimately all about the material world and what we want and how we get it. the spiritual world is just another level of the material, we will still want when we are there. so why not learn how to get what we want now, so when we get into the spiritual world we will be able to do the same
For example? Should I expect bills coming through my mailbox as well?

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Lady of the Hunt wrote:its ultimately all about the material world and what we want and how we get it. the spiritual world is just another level of the material, we will still want when we are there. so why not learn how to get what we want now, so when we get into the spiritual world we will be able to do the same
This sounds lazy and antithetical to any real spiritual development, but at least you'll enjoy wasting your time.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

I think Lady of the Hunt and In Malkuth need to meet each other... [wink] ... [wink]

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”