Hmm... is this a thing or no?

For difficult to define queries.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hmm... is this a thing or no?

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

I've had a few instances now, both in psychedelic and hypnogogic states, where when I was doing something spiritual work-related or having a breakthrough or sorts I saw imagery flashes of what I'd describe as a certain group of people. I'd usually see them backdropped in a sort of late-night murk, it would be a very calm urban landscape where they were by themselves, seemed like they had a soft spot-light shining down on them where I wouldn't necessarily make out their faces, and quite often it would be young to middle-aged African Americans, in particular a guy possibly in his late 20's or early 30's with a maroon hoodie on what looks like a leather sports jacket. The vibe I'd get is similar to the whole spirit group committee, ie. having particular people watching over you - or - monitoring your progress.

The last time this happened I had a particularly strong breakthrough about the physical nature of consciousness, after seeing my conscious self fragment on 3 to 3 1/2 doses. When I was writing a post about my theory somewhere else I both sensed a light on my brow, as if I was under a spotlight (I just saw my ceiling in the dark if I looked up - and I've seen that light before), and at the same time it's like much of my bedroom wall was cut away above my computer, there was a balcony ledge above (like you might have in a split-level home), a short set of stairs to the right, and it seemed like they were standing there sort of taking in a moment where I'd crossed some critical juncture. It kind of had that sort of feel like an Alan Moore Jerusalem scene where you have the visual barrier between worlds slightly lifting.

Part of my question - I'm still trying figure out whether I'm wading through pure and simple hypnogogia, the circumstances (both laying down to sleep one night and then what I just described) seemed to both have some heft in terms of what was going on. Also, if you think it's more, I might ask the additional question, particularly if you think you know who they are. How would I work with them, or particularly help them help me and vice a verse? One of the challenges I've had with beings that I've run into in the past is that my run-ins would be short, fleeting, them gracing me with their presence (Isis/Mary is a great example of this), and while intense the interludes would be too short and non-verbal to strike up much of a conversation. These visions tend to be particularly internal/hypnogogic and I'm not sure - even if it were legitimately a group monitoring my progress, how you go about asking a question. Of course there's always the possibility that I might be doing fine, they'd rather just see me live and learn the way I am right now, and they'd worry that answering said questions or introducing themselves would cause complications to what they'd want to see unfold.

Anyway - do you think it's a thing or a case of over-interpreting?
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Cerber

Re: Hmm... is this a thing or no?

Post by Cerber »

I would just go and ask, and I'd worry about any anomalies caused to space-time continuum after. Unlikely it would cause any serious damage, if they don't want that they wouldn't be hanging around and teasing.
But light is a dangerous thing, caution should be taken when approaching one.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

That sounds like paranoia to be honest.

I've never heard of any group or organization keeping track of individual practitioners. Heck most people are to lazy to even do their own daily practice, do you really think they have time following you around.

It's a very common form of psychosis when you start to think that the world is after you, the whole 'Truman show' is very common and you should probably get help.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I didn't exactly get the paranoia vibe, maybe because these beings were seen as helpful rather than menacing. Whenever I meet paranoid schizophrenics, they are always afraid of whatever is stalking them. That said, I have no clue who they might be, what they might want, or how you should proceed.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Desecrated wrote:That sounds like paranoia to be honest.

I've never heard of any group or organization keeping track of individual practitioners. Heck most people are to lazy to even do their own daily practice, do you really think they have time following you around.

It's a very common form of psychosis when you start to think that the world is after you, the whole 'Truman show' is very common and you should probably get help.
It didn't seem nefarious at all, I'm just describing what I saw in my minds eye.

If it's nothing else it could just be the Charles Bonnet syndrome sort of thing that is hypnogogia. I think the main reason why I posted the question is it's either just hypnogogia and my brain doing things, or it could be some sort of metaphor for something that's actually happening spiritually (ie. personification of forces). The very last possibility, unlikely but not impossible, is a group of live occultists peering in on me. Even if that last bit were the case I didn't get a sense of nefarious intent at all. At worst, with my first vision of them, they were trying to set me up with a single woman whose somewhat in their ranks and looking for a husband.

So maybe to rephrase the question - is there any stock symbolism that jumps out with this in a meaningful inner-planes way or does it just sound like my brain having corporate minutes.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Cybernetic_Jazz wrote: ...The very last possibility, unlikely but not impossible, is a group of live occultists peering in on me. Even if that last bit were the case I didn't get a sense of nefarious intent at all. At worst, with my first vision of them, they were trying to set me up with a single woman whose somewhat in their ranks and looking for a husband.
If one to believe the rumours there is such group, and they do have a positive vibe around them, at least until you refuse their invitation.. rumours.. whispers in the wind..

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

TY. Sounds like it isn't a thing and it was a sleep-onset hallucination in one case and an LSD comedown hallucination in the later case.

I think, for a good while, my posts along this line will be really stupid - probably for the next few years and I'll try to make fewer and fewer of them (for the sake of quality and not throwing up noise), particularly if I have any suspicion that it's just my brain doing brain stuff - which is fine, just that I'm the only one really by mistake (between me an my brain) perhaps examining it for the possibility to be more than it is.

I gave a fair amount of thought to my work and current progress last night and my take is that I have a lot of subconscious organization and bridging yet to go through. At a given point I think I may get a clear enough signal from my own mind that certain doors are opening in a meaningful sense and that I'm ready to set up shop with respect to conversing with inner-planes entities. On the long-shot that these people, or beings symbolizing as people, are actually there I really doubt that they're expecting me to talk to them - ie. how do you have a two-way conversation with an element or elements of a hypnogogic slideshow when it's almost the same difference as trying to talk to someone in a picture in your windows slideshow? The degree of separation's just too great.

My hypothesis - either circuits in my own brain, or forces behind my brain, want me to know that I am receiving guidance and they're trying to arrange these images to simply let me know that I'm not completely on my own and that I do have a future whose trajectory will be determined by more thoughtful and meaningful things than just random chance. To the experience I described it could also be a signal - to me - that my private achievements aren't going unnoticed and that beings on a conscious plane above me are noting that progress and getting ready to put the work in to shift probabilities to pave a more productive future. As far as the race aspect (I'll verify I'm caucasian) it could very well be that them being African-American is a symbol of them being very practical and a symbol that I can trust their degree of common sense, ie. that they're well educated in the nuts and bolts of social realities and that they know how to make things work in actuality rather than just in theory.

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

chowderpope wrote:I didn't exactly get the paranoia vibe, maybe because these beings were seen as helpful rather than menacing. Whenever I meet paranoid schizophrenics, they are always afraid of whatever is stalking them. That said, I have no clue who they might be, what they might want, or how you should proceed.
moved here two years ago 4 new people moved in now not aloud to have money.. dont trust society much mostly women everything given seems to have an edge... really only get change outside pan handling say hi to everyone reminds me of sound of silence 10,000 people mabby more someone called me boss today makes me wander.. fixed the town and its fixtures spiritual properties for two days.. i await respect to ripen in town i guess..:)
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

I love that song

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”