Advice on something similar to an Astral Temple

For difficult to define queries.

findingtruth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Advice on something similar to an Astral Temple

Post by findingtruth »

Hello everyone!

So recently I've been trying to create something similar to an Astral Temple except it relates more to the mental sphere than the Astral plane, if that makes sense. Anyway, I read somewhere that it is important that this area is impossible to exist on the physical but it didn't say why. I kind of understand the general importance or at least why it would be important that this can't exist in the physical, however the part I'm struggling with is how I know it couldn't. I can only take ideas from pieces of what I've experienced in the physical world and create it from that, but that means it technically could be possible for it to be created in the physical. What am I missing? Any suggestions?

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Advice on something similar to an Astral Temple

Post by Caerdon »

You just need to add something, a quality, that makes it so that physically it would never be able to exist here... for instance, have it so that you can slide rooms about at will to what you want, make it so that certain doorways lead to different parts of the place even if the two rooms aren't on the same floor, or have it made out of materials that would not be possible to make the structure out of... get creative.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

My favourite subject. Yet I haven't done much reading about it. So why it would be important that this or that can't exist in the physical?
Btw, findingtruth, how far did you get with it?

findingtruth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by findingtruth »

Appreciate the reply, Caerdon, that makes a lot of sense. I'm trying to avoid starting over if I can, I had already mostly built the room when I read the original piece of information referenced. It feels like it's...separate from the physical and different than what I'm used to working with, almost like it's outside of things - if that makes any sense. I feel like that might be a good sign that I'm on the right path but my materials are still average things that technically could be built. I do have a doorway that leads to a certain plane but I'm not sure if that's enough for it not to be able to exist in physical reality.

Cerber, see above :p I have a good majority of my detail in place but I stopped working with it while I try to figure out that very question.

Topper
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Topper »

Based on personal experiences the idea of these cyber type Temples are a second choice to the construction of the physical one.The whole process and time commited to put uo even a simple sacred working area tends to evoke an ambience geared to enhancement of many aspects of magical undertakings.
Trying to visualise the Altar with all its paraphernalia on top is difficult enough but to imagine the sheer atmosphere created by the Votive Sanctuary lamp highlighting the incense smoke just doesn't cut it for me.You just have to be there in person as it were.If you do feel inclined to the Astral version and find it works consistently for you then fine but I must recommend the physical version.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”