Resources for finding communities IRL?

alejandrocerv
Forum Member
Forum Member

Resources for finding communities IRL?

Post by alejandrocerv »

Hey y'all!

Now, this community has been super helpful for me in my short time here, and I'm certainly here to stay, but I'm wondering what is a good place to go for finding meetings offline. For relevant information's sake, I'm located in the Twin Cities metro area, and am starting an organization for students on my campus of alternative faiths. Currently our "Interfaith Council" only has members of mainstream sects of the three major Abrahamic faiths, and a friend and I want to change that and other conditions that have made it difficult for altfaith practitioners to feel comfortable.

As part of that change, we're looking for ways to help students connect to, not only on-campus "Otherfaith" resources, but community resources that pertain more specifically to their individual beliefs. We are as yet unchartered, but expected charter members include Neopagans, Satanists, Hermeticists/Kabbalists, a Sikh, and several spiritual seekers. Are there good websites to go to for finding communities, or does anybody know of anything specific in the Twin Cities?

Thanks!

(Also, not sure if this is the ideal space for this; feel free to move it and remove this note.)
"To practice magic is to be a quack; to know magic is to be a sage." -Eliphas Lévi

"Paradox and contradiction are mysteries of the soul. The weird, the uncanny are sources of knowledge. To know the self. . . one must open the heart wide and search every part. This requires facing the unacceptable, the perverse, the strange, even the sick. Without this critical embrace of metaphysical complexity the soul cannot be understood." -bell hooks

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Resources for finding communities IRL?

Post by Frumens »

Are you talking about Minneapolis and Saint Paul?
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

alejandrocerv
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by alejandrocerv »

Indeed I am!
"To practice magic is to be a quack; to know magic is to be a sage." -Eliphas Lévi

"Paradox and contradiction are mysteries of the soul. The weird, the uncanny are sources of knowledge. To know the self. . . one must open the heart wide and search every part. This requires facing the unacceptable, the perverse, the strange, even the sick. Without this critical embrace of metaphysical complexity the soul cannot be understood." -bell hooks

Lucius
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lucius »

I'm from sunny sunny London in the UK so I can't help you there mate, except maybe offer some advice.

I was active on a social network for magic users called Temple Illuminates before they realized I was under 18 (will be 18 in a few weeks ha ha) but that might help you with that sort of thing.

Good luck :)
Lucius RavenCroft.
First Captain of the Dark Order and Consultant Exorcist.

"The man with the cat wearing the tin foil hat told me to go this way- where am I again?"

https://addictedtothememories.wordpress.com/

http://www.google.com/+LuciusRavenCroft

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Dr Strange Stuff »

Bump. I know its been over 2 h years but I am interested if anyone had any information about this. I tried the temple illuminatus someone recommended, but it looks like the last posts were around 2014 so... I'm not going to join that haha

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

Check out the Leaping Laughter Lodge.... I think that will do you just fine.

Return to “Events, Meetings and Engagements”