"Serpent on the Cross" - Kickstarter Project

Commerce, trade and transactions: CAVEAT EMPTOR:

neurojazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

"Serpent on the Cross" - Kickstarter Project

Post by neurojazz »

This is a really interesting Kickstarter project, some of you may be interested in supporting.

Check out the Rosicrucian Magic Mirror...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/73 ... -the-cross

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: "Serpent on the Cross" - Kickstarter Project

Post by Haelos »

Heck, give me seven thousand dollars and I'll write a book on attainment for you too.

I wouldn't take this as anything more than a gimmick, at best, and at worst, a downright scam to rip people off of their money.

Seriously, he's asking for 10k AUD to write a book, and to give you a simple gold-tincture that has been colored red. He calls it a "lesser philosopher's stone" and in the same sentence goes on to say it's just gold particles and water.

I have some old Gold Pokemon cards, from Burger King (from like, the late 90s). I can make you the exact same thing by taking a blowtorch to one of them and dropping it in water a few times, then adding some food coloring.
If you want to learn how to make a hundred of your own different types of fluid condensers, read Franz Bardon's work and meditate on it a little bit.
Or, just search google.

Maybe if he let me read the book first, I *might* decide it was worth buying, to provide for a starving author.
Otherwise, the entire fact that s/he's doing this just goes to show that they don't have any knowledge that isn't already available. Everything in that book you can get for no price beyond hard work.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Moved to the Bazaar for containing "commercial" link.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

EEHC
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EEHC »

Haelos wrote:Maybe if he let me read the book first, I *might* decide it was worth buying, to provide for a starving author.
Otherwise, the entire fact that s/he's doing this just goes to show that they don't have any knowledge that isn't already available. Everything in that book you can get for no price beyond hard work.
Crowdfunding is a good way to attract a publisher (seeing there's a genuine interest out there for the project) or 10,000$ might help an author to self-publish the work if that can't be done. In this case, chipping in 10$ will let's you have the ebook with no extra cost once it's finished. I have done some research on Hereward Tiltion and it appears he is an academic with a serious interest for occult studies.

http://www.aaroncheak.com/hereward-tilton/

neurojazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by neurojazz »

You're spot on EEHC, Hereward Tilton done his Phd on Michael Maier and has taught alchemy, magic and Rosicrucianism at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University in Munich (where Tobias Churton taught) and for the department for the History of Hermetic Philosophy and related currents at the university of Amsterdam. His qualifications are sound. Not to mention the fact that he proposes the second half of the book to be based on his actual experiences with the material, which is refreshing for an academic to write about the personal practical aspects of what they teach.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Interesting site EEHC, thanks for posting the link. [thumbup]

10 dollars for a book isn't much to pay, so this is affordable if you are interested in the subject and the author seems quite intriguing too.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

EEHC wrote:
Haelos wrote:Maybe if he let me read the book first, I *might* decide it was worth buying, to provide for a starving author.
Crowdfunding is a good way to attract a publisher (seeing there's a genuine interest out there for the project) or 10,000$ might help an author to self-publish the work if that can't be done. In this case, chipping in 10$ will let's you have the ebook with no extra cost once it's finished. I have done some research on Hereward Tiltion and it appears he is an academic with a serious interest for occult studies.

http://www.aaroncheak.com/hereward-tilton/

These days, you don't need a mainstream publisher to get your book to the masses. If he wanted to self-publish it, it's slightly more understandable; but still, considering his supposed background, he surely has this much money to provide for his startup.

I'm just saying; I've watched at least 20 different crowd-funding projects get screwed because their author just said "screw you" to the project and took off with the money after getting fully funded.
And these were all simple, commercial products. A couple games, a few clothing products;
Yet this guy is trying to offer you enlightenment?
How many times do people need to fall pray to the same mistakes of the past? How many times has it turned out well when someone started selling attainment-in-a-box?

Take this with a grain of salt, as you should with everything. Don't just go throwing your money to the first magician that says he has something to offer.
I'll give you everything I know for free, and there are plenty of far more advanced magicians out there who would do so as well.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

Haelos wrote: Seriously, he's asking for 10k AUD to write a book, and to give you a simple gold-tincture that has been colored red. He calls it a "lesser philosopher's stone" and in the same sentence goes on to say it's just gold particles and water.
Its actually stated as being: "tiny gold nanoparticles suspended in a fluid medium. In the terms of modern science it's simply gold, water and trace amounts of non-hazardous acetonedicarboxylic acid. "

This is certainly not any kind of philosophic stone that im used to hearing/reading about. In order for minerals and metals to be useful to the animal body, they either need to be organically processed in the plant kingdom, or for their oil/sulphur to be removed from the 'material' body.

It should also be noted that, according to wikipedia, acetonedicarboxylic acid cqn be made by heating sulphuric acid with citric acid.. even if it's store bought, or composed in a different manner, the body has a way of breaking down compounds to their simplistic forms. And seeing as cells use citric acid for aerobic respiration, I'd be weary of this so called non-toxic acid. The author may be an alchemist, but he certainly doesn't seem like a biologist or organic chemist when it comes to his rationality.

What else is interesting, from the wiki page, is: "The presence of [acetonedicarboxylic acid] in human urine can be used as a diagnostic test for the overgrowth of harmful gut flora such as Candida albicans."

Not so safe for consumption. Maybe that's why it's in talisman form ;)

All that being said, his outline for the book is actually fairly appealing to me. If he was closer to his goal, I'd probably pitch him $10...
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Return to “The Bazaar”