Working Group on the Elders Scrolls Mythos

For study and research groups.

Madavascus
Benefactor
Benefactor

Working Group on the Elders Scrolls Mythos

Post by Madavascus »

Fellow occultists, chaotes/chaoists/chaos magicians, and Elder Scrolls fans,

With the recent (11 November 2011) release of the latest video game in The Elder Scrolls series (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim), TES has acquired some popularity, and thereby, strength in what we may term the "noosphere" or "memesphere". Though such a strength may not always be required for the working of successful chaos magic due to the all-importance of belief, it certainly helps by giving the meme - which is the back-bone of any proper paradigm - that essential vitality on which belief thrives.

Thus, I think it is time for the chaotes of TES fandom to come out of the shadows and unite in the effort of bringing into this world a new paradigm of chaos magic! One that is based on the lore of The Elder Scrolls series.

TES lore is rich with the essential archetypal symbols that is vital to any successful occult operation. To help translate TES' potential in chaote terms, imagine how the Eight Divines (the Aedric [cosmic/lawful] deities in TES lore, they are actually Nine, but the ninth divine, Talos, is a human hero-god and not accepted by all Tamrielic races, notably the Altmer, or High Elves) described below may correspond with "the [8] colors of magic" described by Carroll in his Liber Kaos:

1. Akatosh. Chief deity. Dragon God of Time. Progenitor of all dragons.
2. Arkay. God of the Cycles of Life and Death.
3. Dibella. Goddess of Beauty, the Arts, and Women.
4. Julianos. God of Wisdom, Logic and Magic.
5. Kynareth. Goddess of the Sky/Heavens, Winds, Elements and Spirits of Air.
6. Mara. Goddess of Love and Compassion.
7. Stendarr. God of Merciful Might and Righteousness.
8. Zenithar. God of Work and Commerce.
[9.] Talos/Tiber Septim. Human Hero-God. Founder of the Third Empire.

The working group could find a way to contact these archetypal deities, work with them, and find a way to construct viable rituals by which the corresponding energies could be invoked/evoked in accordance to the will of the magician to bring about the desired result.

There is another class of deities in TES lore that may be particularly interesting for those of us that feel a little less enthusiasm towards cosmos-affirming energies/forces/deities: The Daedra, more precisely, the Daedric Princes. These are:

Nota bene: The Daedric Princes do not necessarily have a gender.

1. Azura. Goddess of Twilight, of Dusk and Dawn. Also, foresight and destiny/fate.
2. Boethiah. God of Deceit, Treachery, Conspiracy and Assassination. Also, ancestor-god to the Dark Elves.
3. Clavicus Vile. God of Power, Pacts and Wishes.
4. Hircine. God of the Hunt.
5. Jyggalag. God of Order. Aspect of Sheogorath.
6. Malacath. God of the Spurned and Ostracized, Keeper of the Sworn Oath and Bloody Curse. Also, chief deity of the Orcs.
7. Mehrunes Dagon. God of Destruction, Change, Revolution, Energy and Ambition. Chief antagonist in TES IV: Oblivion.
8. Mephala. God/Goddess whose sphere is obscured to mortals. Suspected to be a deity of fate and assassins. Sometimes identified with the Night Mother of the Dark Brotherhood.
9. Meridia. Goddess of Light and Life. She has a deep hatred for the undead.
10. Molag Bal. God of Domination and Enslavement.
11. Namira. Goddess of Ancient Darkness and Revulsion.
12. Nocturnal. Goddess of the Shadows and Night.
13. Peryite. God of Ordering and Cleansing.
14. Sanguine. God of Hedonistic Revelry and Indulgence.
15. Sheogorath. God of Madness.
16. Vaermina. Goddess of Dreams and Nightmares.
17. Hermaeus Mora. God of Knowledge, the Unknown and Mystery.

I believe it could be possible for the working group to evoke these aforementioned Daedric entities, much like Goetic demons, through gnosis-inspiring rituals.

In any case, the purpose of this post is to invite every occultist, chaote, and Elder Scrolls fan who may be interested in joining an embryonic working group of individuals dedicated towards the creation of a viable paradigm of magic, to make themselves known. Such a project is bound to gain attention (and ridicule) due to the overwhelming popularity of The Elder Scrolls at the present moment.

If you're interested, please stand up and be counted here, and more information will follow as to how we may proceed towards our goal. In truth, at the time of writing, all of this is merely an idea inside my head that simply will not leave me alone until I release it unto the World Wide Web. If you have any ideas, recommendations, suggestions, please share them, too!

Also, I should point out that you don't have to be a TES fan to be part of the working group. All-in-all, this is an occult experimentation group.
Incipit Chaos!

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Working Group on the Elders Scrolls Mythos

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

I'd be very keen to be involved in the working group, specifically in the creation of rituals and correspondences with the Daedric Princes. I havent yet played Skyrim, but I have played the previous Elder Scroll games, plus I've had extensive exposure to the Ars Goetia and considerable practical knowledge in creating paradigms. I'd personally like to generate seals, much like the Solomic seals in the Goetia, for each of the Daedric Princes and map their spheres of influence in relation to one another in an attempt to find allies and enemies in the pantheon inherent. Once Ive done that, Id like to flesh out their characters a bit and create rituals for summoning them not unlike the ones set down in the Goetia, but keyed more into a Chaos Magic style with less rare minerals and maybe semi precious gemstones in the place of gold and silver.

Hopefully you're not thinking of this only being a short time frame thing, as what Im proposing could take rather a long while to complete, especially considering that I have a full time job to take into consideration too. Let me know what you think, and if we're on the same wave length, and we'll take it from there.

Madavascus
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Madavascus »

Thank you for your reply, Case! Your help in generating seals is definitely welcomed. I also feel particularly inclined to working with the Daedra, and I'm curious to see what can happen when you work with the Daedric Princes.

I particularly appreciate the idea of making this an accessible paradigm. This is extremely important to me, as I feel pedantic systems of ceremonial magic that ask for ridiculously difficult to find or obtain items to be things of the past.

The working group has little choice but to have long-term objectives, as a great deal of experimentation and exploration will need to be done until we can eventually hatch something concrete, such as a system. So yes, the working group should ideally be set to work in a long time-frame.
Incipit Chaos!

Ekatl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ekatl »

Hey, I was thinking about this just yesterday. I would love to help out, if I can at all.

Madavascus
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Madavascus »

Great, Ekatl! Right now, I think a great starting point for the working group is to discover what it is that we want to make of the mythos. That is to say, what features do we want our paradigm to include? What do we want from such a paradigm?

Obviously, as chaotes, we want results. But how to get to these results using the Elder Scrolls mythos?

My recent foray in esoteric runology has proven to me (once again) that the use of visual symbolism is perhaps one of the most potent forms of occultism. Symbols and sigils (as Case pointed to) would definitely be a prominent feature of any paradigm using TES lore.

We also want to think of how we could build basic rituals that could potentially be performed regularly so as to program our minds to be in harmony with the paradigm we're creating.

On the subject of creating a paradigm, perhaps it would be good to create a basic mythology (backed by a solid cosmology) that connects our world and the world of Nirn. By the way: Nirn is the planet on which the continent of Tamriel exists. Tamriel is the main stage on which 98% of all TES lore takes place. Nirn is in a plane of existence called Mundus, a plane protected and maintained by the Aedra (the Eight Divines). Mundus bears similitude with our causal, physical realm of existence. Oblivion, an acausal, chaotic and antinomian plane in which virtually everything is possible, is the world of the Daedra. Oblivion bears similitude with the astral realm, in a sense, although these comparisons are not perfect equations, for example, Oblivion is not strictly a non-physical realm, as the astral realm is often understood to be like.

These are notes on the wall... Brainstorm with me, if you please. [smile]
Incipit Chaos!

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Do the Daedric Princes ever need to be manifest, or can we just assume that the use of their sigil would open a correspondence with them? If we remove the need for invocation to actually bring forth their presence then it removes the need for us to define where the Princes actually are - they could even be inter-dimensional beings for all we know. Without the need to map the home realm of the Daedric Princes, we eliminate one problem before it even begins and instead allow ourselves to focus on contacting them through the use of their devices.

In regards to their devices, does anyone know what language they would naturally speak? Would we use a similar system to generate a seal as King Solomon supposedly used for the demons of the Ars Goetia?

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

This isn't really my thing personally so I don't have much to contribute, but I find the idea of a paradigm based off the ES mythos fascinating, especially since I spent a good chunk of last November and December deep in Skyrimville.

Will follow this thread with interest.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

I haven't seen anything but teasers of Skyrim, but I'm in love with Oblivion.
In fact, the alchemy system in that game is what made me decide to really try to work with herbs and things.

Definitely interested in the Daedra. I'd love to be kept in the loop about how the sigils for that turn out.

I'm thinking that I could use a catalog of alchemical ingredients and combinations in my practice. If that sounds useful, or interesting, let me know and I'll try to make something happen with that.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

reptilian wrote:I haven't seen anything but teasers of Skyrim, but I'm in love with Oblivion.
In fact, the alchemy system in that game is what made me decide to really try to work with herbs and things.

Definitely interested in the Daedra. I'd love to be kept in the loop about how the sigils for that turn out.

I'm thinking that I could use a catalog of alchemical ingredients and combinations in my practice. If that sounds useful, or interesting, let me know and I'll try to make something happen with that.
Definitely give Skyrim a go once you're finished playing Oblivion, if you like Oblivion, you'll love Skyrim. Personally I enjoyed Morrowind more than Oblivion, but Skyrim blows them both out of the water and sucked me in in a way a game hasn't since I was a teenager.

Not to derail the thread from it's purpose, sorry, just had to geek out a bit there [tongue2]
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Madavascus
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Madavascus »

Case wrote:Do the Daedric Princes ever need to be manifest, or can we just assume that the use of their sigil would open a correspondence with them? If we remove the need for invocation to actually bring forth their presence then it removes the need for us to define where the Princes actually are - they could even be inter-dimensional beings for all we know. Without the need to map the home realm of the Daedric Princes, we eliminate one problem before it even begins and instead allow ourselves to focus on contacting them through the use of their devices.

In regards to their devices, does anyone know what language they would naturally speak? Would we use a similar system to generate a seal as King Solomon supposedly used for the demons of the Ars Goetia?
Lore-wise, the Daedra appear to openly manifest to mortals when they so choose. I think it is reasonable to assume that a correspondence can be made through a sigil, being that in TES lore, the Daedric Princes are very often contacted through some shrine of theirs, however they are generally not considered to be confined to these. Most Daedric Princes inhabit their particular realm in Oblivion, such as Sheogorath's Madhouse (Shivering Isles), or Malacath's Ashpit. See this link: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Planes_of_Oblivion

Concerning the language of the Daedra, go to this link, and prepare to be blown off your chair: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daedric_Alphabet Now you will begin to see that there is true occult force behind TES lore...

The Daedra generally speak in their Daedric tongue, which is appears to follow English syntax. I think a very interesting barbaric tongue can be created from the above Daedric Alphabet...

UESP is -THE- best source of TES lore available on the web. Go to them. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page
Incipit Chaos!

Madavascus
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Madavascus »

Rin wrote:
reptilian wrote:I haven't seen anything but teasers of Skyrim, but I'm in love with Oblivion.

Definitely give Skyrim a go once you're finished playing Oblivion, if you like Oblivion, you'll love Skyrim. Personally I enjoyed Morrowind more than Oblivion, but Skyrim blows them both out of the water and sucked me in in a way a game hasn't since I was a teenager.

Not to derail the thread from it's purpose, sorry, just had to geek out a bit there [tongue2]
No worries, I completely agree! [thumbup]
Incipit Chaos!

Madavascus
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Madavascus »

That's a very good point, reptilian. The paradigm definitely could use something like a herbal aspect to it! Love it. Here's an idea, what if certain plants and alchemical ingredients found in Mundus (the plane of existence in which the events of TES occur) corresponded roughly to plants and alchemical ingredients found in our plane?

I apologize for the multiple posts.
Incipit Chaos!

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

Well, if you know common names of plants and things, it's obvious that every single plant, fungus, and food item has a real world correspondent. The names are spelled differently, but Jahn's Wort in Mundus is St. John's Wort on Earth.
I'm thinking more about creating a list of magical correspondences: tomatoes are used to make "detect life" potions, so use tomatoes in spells for clairvoyance.
Maybe that is what you meant, but it seemed like something worth mentioning.

Taiyounoryu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Taiyounoryu »

Hmmm, this seems like a really crazy idea! I believe the only two things I would personally care about is results, and not having the need for extremely over the top complicated rituals. Magic is just as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. Being an energy worker I can personally say energy work isn't complicated, but can still come out with results.

Being a fan of Oblivion, I've always been curious about doing something like this! I would be more than glad to help where I can with this project :)

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Madavascus wrote:
Lore-wise, the Daedra appear to openly manifest to mortals when they so choose. I think it is reasonable to assume that a correspondence can be made through a sigil, being that in TES lore, the Daedric Princes are very often contacted through some shrine of theirs, however they are generally not considered to be confined to these. Most Daedric Princes inhabit their particular realm in Oblivion, such as Sheogorath's Madhouse (Shivering Isles), or Malacath's Ashpit. See this link: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Planes_of_Oblivion

Concerning the language of the Daedra, go to this link, and prepare to be blown off your chair: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daedric_Alphabet Now you will begin to see that there is true occult force behind TES lore...
This is all great stuff - definitely gives us a lot to work with.

Madavascus
Benefactor
Benefactor

Hermaeus Mora Working

Post by Madavascus »

reptilian wrote:Well, if you know common names of plants and things, it's obvious that every single plant, fungus, and food item has a real world correspondent. The names are spelled differently, but Jahn's Wort in Mundus is St. John's Wort on Earth.
I'm thinking more about creating a list of magical correspondences: tomatoes are used to make "detect life" potions, so use tomatoes in spells for clairvoyance.
Maybe that is what you meant, but it seemed like something worth mentioning.
Good point, and you did well to mention this. This is what I meant. [smile]
Taiyounoryu wrote:Hmmm, this seems like a really crazy idea! I believe the only two things I would personally care about is results, and not having the need for extremely over the top complicated rituals. Magic is just as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. Being an energy worker I can personally say energy work isn't complicated, but can still come out with results.

Being a fan of Oblivion, I've always been curious about doing something like this! I would be more than glad to help where I can with this project :)
Yes, it is a crazy idea indeed, but since we're doing this in the interests of Chaos magic, our craziness is overlooked, haha! [crazy] I definitely agree that results and simplicity are important. [smile]

Now, I would like to inform the working group that I will be proceeding with a working with the Daedric Prince, Hermaeus Mora, whose sphere, according to The Book of the Daedra is: "the scrying of the tides of Fate, of the past and future as read in the stars and heavens, and in whose dominion are the treasures of knowledge and memory." Results and details on the method used to follow.
Incipit Chaos!

Madavascus
Benefactor
Benefactor

Night of the First Working

Post by Madavascus »

Fellow occultists and members of the working group, here is the result of my first working with Hermaeus Mora, composed in a narrative format (entitled: "Night of the First Working"). Below, you will find a sigil I created using Daedric letters. It's purpose is to create a visual basis for summoning Lord Hermaeus Mora, Daedric Prince of Knowledge, the Unknown and Mystery.
Night of the First Working
It was an unusually warm night in early February. The southern winds carried a strange ethereal fire, and unknown nocturnal birds murmured in the recesses of the far-reaching wilderness.

This night would be the Night of the First Work – a night written in the stars in which the Daedric Prince of the Unknown, “whose sphere is scrying of the tides of Fate, of the past and future as read in the stars and heavens, and in whose dominion are the treasures of knowledge and memory,” would enter a plane of existence other than Mundus.

The mortal, shrouded in a black robe and capite velato, approached the first sigil ever drawn with the aim of summoning the Daedric Prince of the Unknown. Seated, he raised his hands to the starry heavens and meditated on Oht, the gateway to Oblivion, the world of the Daedra. To the mortal, the Daedric letter “Oht” seemed to glow with fiery radiance in the darkness before his mind's eye, and pulsated with an energy the mortal had rarely seen. It radiated an ambitious desire to seize the mortal and devour him, but the mortal, realizing that he had already established a sufficient gateway to Oblivion merely by vibrating the Daedric letter three times, and proceeded to calling his patron thus: “Lord Hermaeus Mora... Lord Hermaeus Mora... Lord Hermaeus Mora!”

He closed his eyes, and commanded: “I summon you, Hermaeus Mora! Daedric Prince of the Unknown. To whom Past, Present and Future is as One! Guardian of the Unseen, Knower of the Unknown! Come to me, my Lord Hermaeus Mora, I summon you.”

Suddenly and unexpectedly, from the summoning sigil erupted a small orb of black ebony. Tendrils seemed to whirl weakly from the orb, and to the mortal's astonishment, a deep abyssal voice was heard: “I am here, mortal.”

The mortal's heart bounced in his chest, as his being was filled with the joy of having so quickly succeeded at summoning an entity who, in the plane of Mundus, had the reputation to be exceptionally difficult to summon. However, the mortal was no fool, and knew of the self-interested nature of the Daedra, and grew cautious with this unexpected manifestation of a Daedric Prince.

The deep and twisted voice radiated from the black orb: “What is it that you want, mortal? Why do you approach Hermaeus Mora?” The mortal was not able to discern whether the Daedra's speech contained indifference or eagerness.

“My Lord Hermaeus Mora,” said the mortal, “it is my desire to know how we of this present plane of existence may come to work the Daedric magic known to the inhabitants of the plane of Mundus. Be my teacher, Lord Hermaeus Mora. Teach me, and be my patron in my quest to tap into this vast realm of Daedric magic.”

“Many come to me in hopes of learning what I know, but I teach very few. For us to communicate in a meaningful manner, you must establish a strong channel between us. Give of your blood, mortal, and the way will be clear. I am indeed fond of blood sacrifices, as you well know...”

The mortal, not surprised by the Daedra's request, took a knife and attempted to draw blood from one of his digits, but failed after may attempts due to the inefficiency of the instrument. A sound reminiscent of a sigh radiated from the black orb that hovered over the summoning sigil. “Mortal, for now, your breath alone will do.”

The mortal raised an eyebrow, his suspicions of the Daedra confirmed to some extent. But despite this, the mortal breathed in, and breathed out over where the black orb hovered. The tendrils grew into a small mass of tentacles and the area occupied by the Daedra now doubled in size. “Excellent. Well done, mortal... Now, summon me forth with the incantation you devised along with this sigil. The energy generated by the words and the harmony of the Daedric letters will allow for a clearer manifestation of my being to you.”

The mortal nodded, curious to see what would happen next. He breathed in, and slowly, he intoned the incantation that he didn't have time to chant earlier (due to the unexpected early manifestation of the Daedra): “Iyh soo-mah-youn iaou, HAIRMAYOUS MORAH,” the mortal vibrated. Twice, thrice, four times... the incantation gained strength in the ether as the mortal slowly augmented the rhythm and volume of the barbaric chant.

With the etheric growth of the chant, so did the mass of tentacles grow. Soon claws resembling pincers emerged from the eldritch mass, and the ethereal body seemed to have grown a hundred times. As the mortal continued to chant, he heard strange sounds of delight coming from the Daedra, as if the otherworldly daemon reveled in exuberant triumph. The mortal wondered what was meant by this, but suspected that the Daedra felt victorious in being the first of his kind to be presenced, or made real in this plane.

The Daedra immediately commanded the mortal to stop as soon as the mortal experienced his first doubt about the intentions of the Daedra. “Good. That is enough, mortal.”

“Lord Hermaeus Mora, why can't I continue?”

“It is enough for tonight, and I do not reveal my true and complete form to every mortal that asks for it. Even my champions rarely ever see me. No, this is enough for tonight. Know that I, Hermaeus Mora, accept to teach you a degree of my knowledge, if you remember to offer me your breath or blood when you attempt to contact me. I will come to you again, mortal. I shall be watching you from my realm in Oblivion.”

“Go then, my Lord Hermaeus Mora, return to Apocrypha, your realm in Oblivion. Until next we meet.”

The pincer-claws, tentacles and tendrils collapsed in the black orb, that in turn fell into the summoning sigil. The work had been done, and the mortal's ritual a relative success.
Incipit Chaos!

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

Outstanding. o.o

Getting to work on alchemical ingredients tomorrow. Maybe I'll attempt some kind of contact, myself.

Madavascus
Benefactor
Benefactor

Notes on Oht

Post by Madavascus »

Here are some notes I would like to share with the working group, on the subject of Daedric magic:

The Daedric Letter Oht (see image below), which corresponds with the English letter "O", is surely an important glyph/rune/word of power in this paradigm. In my first working with Lord Hermaeus Mora, I chose this letter to be a sort of "key" to connect with the plane of Oblivion - the world of the Daedra - and contact the aforementioned thereby. The result was a mind-blowing success.

Please excuse my excessively esoteric terminology, but my intuition tells me that Oht, is essentially a gate or portal, a symbol of that liminal opening in which the acausal taps into the causal and becomes real. It is the focal point of acausal presencing, or manifestation. The point in the middle of the letter may be said to represent the infinite potential of singularity, and the two pillars and arch may be said to represent the gate through which this singularity is given form.
An experiment I will attempt in the coming days is a more in-depth meditation on this letter, in order to discern its occult properties, and practical uses.

The Mysterium Xarxes (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Mysterium_Xarxes), a book that is said to be written by the Daedric Prince of Destruction Mehrunes Dagon, gives a special prominence to Oht, as can be seen from the first page of the book, illustrated below:
The Mysterium Xarxes has been "translated" by our friends at the Imperial Library: http://www.imperial-library.info/conten ... ium-xarxes This book may give us clues in the future as to mapping all Daedric Letters, and discovering their occult synergy.

As always, your input is highly appreciated! [smile]

P.S.: If you are interested in obtaining a computer font to generate Daedric Letters, please go to: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daedric_A ... edric_Font

Hail, Hermaeus Mora!
Incipit Chaos!

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Fantastic work, Madavascus! So many good early wins too! I just wish I had more time to spend on this, but I'm trapped at work. I get the feeling that the secret to the linguistic power of the sigils lies in the individual letters and their vibrations rather than the sigilisation of shapes based on their combined structures. If thats the case then invocation of the Princes is going to be made a lot simpler, and quite a bit of it could simply be done through the Oht rune and intonation of the right names and/or words of power. The fact that you found it so easy to contact Hermaeus Mora seems to suggest that this could be a very open paradigm to anyone who wishes to use it who puts in the time and energy to do so, and the Oht rune is obviously the key to communion with the realms of Oblivion.

I'll try to post more on the topic later, when I have more time.

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

So, today I'm going to design a seal for summoning Akatosh, and I'm going to try bringing him into my real comfort zone: dream planes. I may slap the seal on my forehead before bed, or stick it on my headboard. Since I'm reptilian, Akatosh seemed like a deity I can relate to, and he may have some tips to help our process of making contact. It may take me a few days to successfully summon, but I'll let you all know how it goes.

Also, got strategy guides for Oblivion and Skyrim so I have a solid list of alchemical ingredients. I'll start going over it with some of my other texts on herbs as soon as possible.

Madavascus
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Madavascus »

reptilian wrote:So, today I'm going to design a seal for summoning Akatosh, and I'm going to try bringing him into my real comfort zone: dream planes. I may slap the seal on my forehead before bed, or stick it on my headboard. Since I'm reptilian, Akatosh seemed like a deity I can relate to, and he may have some tips to help our process of making contact. It may take me a few days to successfully summon, but I'll let you all know how it goes.

Also, got strategy guides for Oblivion and Skyrim so I have a solid list of alchemical ingredients. I'll start going over it with some of my other texts on herbs as soon as possible.
Excellent, thank you for taking an active role in the working group, reptilian! I look forwards to seeing what results you may come by.

In the coming days, I will attempt to contact Lord Hermaeus Mora once more.
Incipit Chaos!

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

This weekend I plan on working with Nocturnal and Sheogorath, though maybe one or the other, depending on who is most amiable to being invoked. I have my kids over this weekend too, so wont have a lot of time, but both these princes seem like night-based entities and therefore I will be working with them when my kids are asleep. This weekend I will attempt to make contact with one or both of the princes, discern their sigils, and see where the conversation takes me. I have worked with demons of madness and of night before, so will address them in the same way.

Madavascus
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Madavascus »

Case wrote:This weekend I plan on working with Nocturnal and Sheogorath, though maybe one or the other, depending on who is most amiable to being invoked. ...I will attempt to make contact with one or both of the princes, discern their sigils, and see where the conversation takes me. I have worked with demons of madness and of night before, so will address them in the same way.
Excellent, Case! If the Mad God is anything like he is portrayed in The Shivering Isles, He should be a very amiable (and humorous, in his own sinister way [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3MlMv1oqos]!) Daedric Prince indeed, however unpredictable. Nocturnal is a more shadowy character, and very little is known of Her, except that She is the Patroness of thievery, subterfuge and all manner of shadow-dealing. Good luck! I look forwards to your results.
Incipit Chaos!

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Last night I decided to attempt to invoke Nocturnal. I did this through deep meditation on the Oht rune and on what I knew about Nocturnal, forming the rune into a gateway into the night sky through a window whilst lying in a pitch black room on a black sheet, dressed entirely in black surrounded by unlit black candles.

After about two hours meditation, I put myself into the death posture for gnosis, staying in the standing version for about twenty minutes until it became impossible for me to hold the position any longer. At this point I returned to the meditative position I had originally held for the first hour, but this time the Oht rune was much stronger in my mind and was joined by a swirling vortex of pure nothingness.

It was at this point that I heard a voice in my mind instructing me to take a ritual drum and to go outside, so I took one of my drums and headed outside into my garden, which is secluded and cut off entirely from the street. There I sat and chanted random phrases that seemed to flow into my mind, drummed softly on the drum, and meditated on the Oht rune and on Nocturnal.

After about half an hour a very black cat came out of the underbrush and sat in front of me. I heard the voice in my mind say 'I am Noctural, why do you call me? Why do you wish to make contact with me and my brethren?'. I explained the nature of our mission, all about this internet forum, and how we were attempting to contact and work with each of the Daedric Princes, to which the cat cocked its head and the voice laughed. I asked what the sigil of Nocturnal was, and how I could contact Her in the future, to which she showed me a green cats eye on a field of pure blackness. She is contacted through the sound of drumming heard through the ears of cats, and manifests as a cat on this plane - the cats are her children and epitomise the actions of her followers - footpads, thieves, middle men, traders in information, fences of stolen property, and those who operate outside the law. If you want to get a message to Nocturnal, speak it to a cat and she will hear it.

I then closed the conversation and ritual by petting the cat for a while, which she enjoyed immensely, and went back inside. I get the distinct feeling that Nocturnal is amicable and friendly to our cause, but not to be taken lightly - she more seemed bemused by what we were attempting to do, though I wouldnt be calling on her too often or relying on her unless we were planning on doing something nefarious and within the scope of her dominion.

Return to “Study Groups”