Bardon study group, anyone?

For study and research groups.

littledeadybear
Forum Member
Forum Member

Bardon study group, anyone?

Post by littledeadybear »

Hello!

Perhaps in direct comparison to everyone else on this forum, I am a total novice. Any work on my part has either been due to sheer luck or a natural aptitude that I can't explain. My greatest accomplishment thus far was brought on through sex magick where, not to go into great detail, a relationship that wouldn't have happened on its own became possible. Not that it was successful, there were sustainable reasons as to why there shouldn't have been a relationship between myself and the other that were deeply ingrained in our mind sets, but it was a successful 'spell' for lack of better word, as I got exactly what I asked for as opposed to what I wanted.

I'm not a novice to practicing meditation; for the longest time I was very much into Hemi-Sync Gateway Explorations as an aid into helping me project. During the length of time I ran that course, I was consistently lucid dreaming and at my very best, experienced great results with the meditative side. However, I believe that as with muscles in the body, so it is with the mind; if you don't use it, you lose it, and it's been a while since I've dedicated myself to any sort of fundamental development.

Shin directed me to Bardon, and I rather like Bardon now that I've read through the theory half. I've already begun Step 1, but not perfectly. The physical training I have to work on still, as there are still times during the day where I nibble at food a bit thoughtlessly, and I didn't journal my experiences after my morning thought control practice.

I would like to start a study group for Bardon students! Until anyone else decides to chime in here, I shall use this thread as a documentation to how I've come along with Bardon's Step 1 and beyond if I so progress. If anyone else would like to join me, I would love to study together with you, and perhaps we can encourage each other on the way. I think there's great validation in sharing experiences, especially with people who are closer together in experience level--or with old hats who can still remember the struggles of going through the initial phases.

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Bardon study group, anyone?

Post by magari »

I imagine this will be a great contribution to the forum.

Personally I struggled with the physical training required to maximize the power of my mind. However, dedication brought me to a place that allowed me to correct this.

I've since come to a different perspective on the elements compared to Bardon, but this doesn't make his experience and words any less valuable, especially to lower initiates. In my opinion Bardon is one of the best foundations a magician can have.

A lot of people on this forum recommend him and a successful study group is totally possible.

frackture
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by frackture »

Hi. I'm also interested in Bardon.

Came here to say that I will be watching this thread for future developments.

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

I spoke with littledeadybear about it and now I can surely say I will apply Bardon lessons in my life with study group or without it. I spent this weekend reading his book and I am quiet sure there is so much knowledge and German Discipline(That I need deeply). So, count me in. [thumbup]

Praise Teh Sun \[T]/ [cool]
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

I would like to take a class like this but I've been trying to pass step 1 in the book for a decade now. Also I think I might have been fortunate enough and found a master to guide me for a while so I might go down that path instead. I'm surprised occult forum can pull off stuff like this free of charge. Is this a sign of the future?

Don't forget about Rin and his suggestions for F. Veos' commentary and the Kybalion as companion texts. The commentary reveals why step 1 is such a bitch (heard of snakes and ladders?).

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

Step 1 in my personal opinion has everything to do with the housekeeping necessary to function as a growing entity in this universe that can be blatantly impartial and inhospitable at times.

I prefer to summarize this with the word discipline, but when it encompasses all aspects of the work as being a foundation it gets pretty complicated.

Thought control, willpower, introspection, conscious in taking of nourishment....

That last one might seem out of place, but it goes along with introspection and our ability to use our willpower to make the right decisions that prevent our bodies from becoming susceptible to disease, and instead empowering ourselves to thrive physically as well as mentally.

The ship we ride that is the human experience depends incredibly upon our bodies abilities to do its job, as well as our hearts and minds.

Step 1 has everything to do with the discipline required to achieve your goals.

Moving through time can be likened to a ship on the ocean, using the stars as our guides to point us in the right direction. Focusing ahead on the future we desire to experience. Discipline allows us to bring those experiences closer, sooner, by maintaining focus on the goal.

Daily rituals are a great way to start. Brushing your teeth is a conscious choice we make in order to prevent ourselves from sliding into tooth decay. However, walking is not running.

I placed myself in a position where discipline wasn't an option. If you spend enough time in nature you will learn things the city can't teach you. Being prepared is half the battle and often sacrifices must be made in order to avoid risks that could be potentially fatal. Its discipline in these environments, nature, that keeps you alive. Today most people don't have a lot of opportunity to learn the discipline required to make enough choices consistent with their goals.

Its not easy either living in the womb of human civilization where there are distractions galore.

Return to nature. Where life is simple, yet brutal. Learn the lessons it has to teach you about discipline.

Elysia
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Elysia »

Hello,

Are you still there ? Who could start the next week and follow me ?

I suggest, to start degree 1 for 1 month and to support each others, and discuss regulary about our troubles. I think that we should try to practice at least 30 minutes every day ... I've intention, to practice 1 hour. I already practiced fisrt degrees, but I would like to depen and mostly to try to practice inside a group.

Who is interested ?

Have a good weekend,

Ely.

Ušušur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ušušur »

I'm interested.
I was thinking about starting this on my own next week or so anyway (what a coincidence, huh?). So count me in.

one-off
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by one-off »

I'm interested, this is why I joined the forum, but it appears to be inactive?

Listen when you read this shoot me a pm. I want to get a group of people are are serious about this. If not a group then at least 1 other person. PM me. I'll be checking this forum every day until you come to me. I'm only at level 1 of the practical magic.

Then we'll exchange emails or something so we can be in contact on the regular and hold each other accountable.

findingtruth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by findingtruth »

I've been putting off reading his book for a long time now. I'm going to take this as a sign that I need to finish it. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to eat as healthily as I would like to but I have started performing the healthier rituals that I can.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Is there any such study group here? Someone please let me know.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

we had one back in the school of magick days that never got past step 1 iih
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

I think I have finally made it past step 1 but I am taking a break at step 2. The book MCTB made me realize how imperfect walking the path is. I will return to Bardon if the Monad directs me too.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Study groups are informal, so it's up to those in the group how much input there is.

Why not start one up, see if it flies?

Study groups, however, are not places for debating the validity of the subject being studied so I am happy to keep the group clear of issues like that and move any inappropriate content if it arises, as study groups are a forum designated safe zone for mutual exploration/ commentary and joint learning experiences.

I'm thinking I should be looking into Bardon now, as it's such a hot topic here and elsewhere atm. Colour me intrigued.

Any Bardonites here also familiar with NAP?

Just curious.

And the term Bardonite is not perjorative in any way, it merely means someone who is well aquainted with or an afficionado of Bardon's works.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Funny I had it in my head it was Bardonian but I guess then you would to be from a planet.

As for the NAP it seems like it would be a post IIH thing as the Bardon way is not to use/contact any well known beings until after all the lessons in the book are done.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I am happy to use Bardonian if it is better for folk. [thumbup] Sounds quite musically and poetically inclined, lol.

Cheers mate, this is useful food for thought.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Hey guys. What NAP stands for?

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

RockDemon wrote:Hey guys. What NAP stands for?
This might interest you-

http://thefoolspeaks.com/showthread.php?t=609
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Dr Strange Stuff »

I love reviving dead threads haha! So, I'm sort of hoping everyone didn't make a study group 1.5 years ago and turn into Grand Master Wizards... That being said is anyone interested in doing this these days? I know i came to the party a little late but I'm still ready to party! erm... I mean study..

Oh and the NAP was the first ritual that I FELT results on. Every time I do it i feel like the energizer bunny came in and charged me up. Daily practice between that and Bardon... I have my work cut out for me WooHoo [yay]

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I didn't read this thread but I just want to brag that I bought Franz Bardon's "The key to the true kabbalah" at a book store today
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

chowderpope wrote:I didn't read this thread but I just want to brag that I bought Franz Bardon's "The key to the true kabbalah" at a book store today
Congratz! I hope it was on sale haha.

Not to brag but I just searched The key to the true kaballah pdf and found it about 30 seconds after I read your post, so everyone wins [tongue2]

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I had a PDF of it but I geeked out when I saw his name in the bookstore so I impulse purchased it but it wasn't too expensive. Less than $20. [yay]

I also got a copy of AE Waite's key to the tarot which was like 3 bucks.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Congrats on the cheap buys!

Firice
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Firice »

I advanced to level 2 and 3 practices and thought that I was done with analysing my good and bad qualities in level 1. It struck me off as primitive, how Bardon asked his students to analyse the good and bad qualities and classify them on the basis of elements. However, I've come upon a self-analysis regimen founded by a psychotherapist in the U.S and have taken 1 month to finish the analysis. My opinion is that if that book was available when Bardon was writing IIH, then he'd have recommended it.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Firice wrote:I advanced to level 2 and 3 practices and thought that I was done with analysing my good and bad qualities in level 1. It struck me off as primitive, how Bardon asked his students to analyse the good and bad qualities and classify them on the basis of elements. However, I've come upon a self-analysis regimen founded by a psychotherapist in the U.S and have taken 1 month to finish the analysis. My opinion is that if that book was available when Bardon was writing IIH, then he'd have recommended it.
Hi dear Firice, what's the name of the book you are talking about?

Return to “Study Groups”