The girly side of the occult.

Humour, jokes and amusing ancdotes

ErebusNamtar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The girly side of the occult.

Post by ErebusNamtar »

I'd kill for a black fluffy one with rubber bats attached. I might make one myself...funny discussion in here but eh, I'm a chaos magician. My magic tools can be action figures or whatever else strikes my fancy. If I believe in it, it'll work. I'm a sucker for certain aesthetics though and pink is definitely not my thing.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

I'm not wading into the debate over magic (and tbh I don't really understand it) but I second the idea that tools matter. Maybe it's because I practice Hoodoo which is sympathetic folk magic by definition, but I believe the materials selected carry their own inherent energetic vibrations which combine with the intentions and energy of the magician to either empower the work (if they are congruent with it) or hinder its effectiveness. So no, I don't care how skilled you are, you can't do candle spells with an LED bulb and expect the same results you'd get from working with the subtle alchemy of wax and flame. And yes, a cheap plastic item produced in a sweatshop factory will also carry the particular attributes of its form and creation. This isn't always a bad thing though. Pink Barbie items might be very effective in casting certain types of glamours, or for working with spirits associated with hyperfemininity (like Aphrodite or Oshun or Erzulie Freda). I've also seen people throw hex successfully using Barbies as poppets or doll babies.

It's all about how the Work comes together with sights, sounds, textures, aromas, materials and colors combining to create a holistic environmental vibration aligned with one's intent. Ritual is an aesthetic and sensual experience as well as a spiritual one. This holds true whether you work in ceremonial or folk magic.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

namedforthemoon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by namedforthemoon »

I'm just curious what the stack of pink cards next to the Ouija board are for. Are those questions that you're supposed to ask it? Kids these days can't come up with their own questions?

I had to dig deeper. Here's a review on the pink ouija board, from Amazon:

Eventful Slumber Party With Pink Ouija!!
ByJames Hon February 7, 2010
I bought the pink ouija board for my daughter thinking that the color pink would only attract friendly spirits to her slumber party. Well, the results were mixed; the first spirit REALLY liked pink, and was friendly but apparently was a poltergeist, 'cause it started redecorating the den. Lilith Greenwand (the name my 13 year old insists being called now) did some kind of ritual and banished the spirit. She and her friends set to work again - they are so cute with their chants in the language they made up and their little black robes and hats!! The next spirit they summoned with the pink ouija board was less benign and several of the girls started projectile vomiting/speaking in tongues/bleeding from the eyes. Luckily, I had just taken my headphones off (listening to my old Norwegian Black Metal records again!) and heard the commotion - I immediately donned my "Three Wolf Moon" power t-shirt and ran into the basement. The sheer force of the shirt sent the spirit back where it came from, cured the girls, tuned the TV to the 700 Club and closed the evil pink portal.

Return to “Laughter Zone”