Hi there

Announce your presence, if you will.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hi there

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Hi there,

Im not going to waffle on about who I am. Ive been into chaos magic for a very long time, going on 26 years now, Ive seen a ton of stuff and done lots and still dont think of myself as knowing a hell of a lot about much, just bits and pieces of a whole bunch of things that make me interesting in parties. I like poetry, but very nasty dark stuff. I chat with demons, but that could be because I also spend a bit of time locked up in psych hospitals from time to time. I know a few people into the occult who I recognise here and hopefully I'll get to know more people from this place. Yeah, thats me guys.

dodaive
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Hi there

Post by dodaive »

Welcome to the forum, we have quite a few members here that are practicing chaos magic. [thumbup]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Yeah, we're a motley bunch - I think its the free booze and offers of unlimited virgins and gods when you die that gets us on side. That said, its also the chance to be any number of other paradigms and not having to just be any one thing, though that does mean half the time you have no idea what you are - makes for some serious soul searching when you dont have a strict faith to fall back on sometimes...heh...

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Hi. I'm just some guy, you know. [wink]

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Heya mate,welcome to the forum. [thumbup]

It's great to have you here. [cool]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Thanks guys [thumbup]

weezyfosheezy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by weezyfosheezy »

not only do we have people knowlegable about chaos magic, but we have at least one person in and out of psych hospitals [tongue2]. Welcome

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Thank you. Though its funny to say that someone is knowledgable about chaos magic, seeing as chaos magic is so much a mix of tons of different systems and pinches bits and pieces of other paradigms - saying you know chaos is like saying you understand truth, its so open to misunderstanding and misconception as to almost be meaningless.

Ive only been locked up three times in a psych hospital so far, and only for a fortnight each time - nothing too stressful. I understand the power of psychosis on the human mind and I know my own limits when it comes to psychotic episodes involving my magical pursuits. Strangely the psych doctors have never tried to talk me out of my belief in magic and the occult, even telling me its not a psychotic delusion so much as a religion which has lead me into psychotic trances at times, and that there is no reason to just stop, more a reason to just learn whats real and whats fantasy.

During my time studying magic I've 'been' a whole load of things from Charismatic Christian to hard line theistic Satanist, from Thelemite to Anarchist punk - I think thats what makes the true definition of chaos magician; exposure and adoption of a massive range of styles of magic and theory, and with that in mind I postulate that chaos cannot be adopted as a system of magic unless youve been through other styles first. Yes, theres sigils and AoD, and wanking over glyphs and stuff, but actual paradigm piracy requires that you know how to do magic first.

I dunno, maybe I'm just getting old.

Madavascus
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Madavascus »

Welcome Case! I've read many of your contributions to our forums so far, and I salute your pragmatic stance towards magic. It speaks of your experience in the occult. [smile]
Incipit Chaos!

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Thanks very much for the warm welcome - I always try to keep my views on magic firmly grounded in logic, though sometimes my logic can be a bit twisted and spurious. No doubt others will step in and correct me when times like that occur. [thumbup]

Belial
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Belial »

Glad to see you around.You seem like an interesting soul and I look forward to getting to know you.Based on my first impression I definitely like you.Hope to see you around here a lot.I would normally say you got 10 bonus points in my book for initial impressions but I lost that book a while back so I've lost track of the score.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Belial wrote:Glad to see you around.You seem like an interesting soul and I look forward to getting to know you.Based on my first impression I definitely like you.Hope to see you around here a lot.I would normally say you got 10 bonus points in my book for initial impressions but I lost that book a while back so I've lost track of the score.
Thanks heaps for the warm welcome. I'm not planning on going anywhere any time soon, so I'm sure you'll see me around a fair bit. Hopefully I can live up to expectations and be a good, active contributor to these boards.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Good to see someone from a similar part of the world hanging out here, and I liked your writings about Burroughs in the Art section.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Return to “Introductions”