My Introduction

Announce your presence, if you will.

urbaneremite
Forum Member
Forum Member

My Introduction

Post by urbaneremite »

Hello,

I come here as a student looking for whatever guidance I may find. My past is full of failed attempts at trying to find a deeper understanding in things occult. I became a Freemason at age 21, a Rosicrucian (AMORC) at 24 but left short after, Became a Christian at 26 and in my ignorance as a new convert thought I must give up all things deemed occult. Here I am at 32 and still a Christian but while still very young, I feel much wiser. I know now the things I thought I had to give up in my life could have been helping me gain a fuller understanding of the religion I had chose to practice 6 years ago.

I have started back into Freemasonry, rekindled my study of tarot, and now feel that esoteric Christianity is truly what I have been needing these past years.

I have forgotten most everything that I once studied and come here as a nearly fresh slate. I looked over forums out there that touch these subjects and most are dead, hardly ever updated. This seems to be the most active.

I hope to find guidance on the tarot but not looking to use it for divination, astrology, Kabbalah, and things of this nature. I hope you welcome me here.

I am currently reading Esoteric Christianity by Besant and I have Meditations on the Tarot but it is focused on the Tarot of Marseilles and I only have a Rider Deck. If anyone would like to suggest further or better reading, please do.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: My Introduction

Post by Nahemah »

We welcome people of all types and any faith or no faith. [thumbup]

Hello and welcome to the forum. [grin]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

biguns
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by biguns »

Welcome

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

Nice to meet you.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

Welcome ^_^

Zeon1985
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Zeon1985 »

I hear ya on the past. I've been very lost for a long time. My encounter with Lyra, my "guide" changed that. I'm learning patience and discipline, and with those comes a deeper understanding of everything around me. I've found that I'm very inner-self oriented. I do, however, constantly feed on the energy around me, which would explain why I prefer to be alone. :)

This is a great place for beings with an open mind to get new ideas, get advice, or just chill. Having an open mind is very important, as a lot of posts you read may push ideas you disagree with. I find that the novel series "The Dresden Files" says it the best. The magic we create comes from our own soul, therefore the way we accomplish tasks is as varied as the beings that inhabit our little nook in the universe.

With all that being said, welcome! Enjoy your stay, learn, and be merry. :D

Zeon
And when the eye of the storm arrives, the flock shall emerge and prepare, for though ultimate damnation await, they shall not give in to sorrow and despair, but look to the horizon with faith, perserverance, and determination.

Return to “Introductions”