Announce your presence, if you will.

Benu108
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hello and a problem: Thailand

Post by Benu108 »

Hello everbody, Dholkey,

Preface:
Sorry for my English. I come from Germany and I currently improve my English with a teacher. (corrections are welcome!)

Introduction:
As I said I come from Germany and I would label me as a chaos magician.
I have experiences with some kinds of shamanism, goetic magic, ceremonial magic, “black magic” (in case of LHP), vodun/voodoo, tantra, Egyptian magic and the necronomicon. At the moment I spend my time on elaborating my own system of magic (based on using different kinds of consciousness).

Problem:
Here in Germany I work in my home temple but I love it to work outside in nature. If somebody know the “Externsteine”, they are in my neighbourhood. I like to use the elements there, the energy outside, to work at night on top the Externsteine or in one of the different stone circles in the wood, etc.
For some years I had to move to another city. Here are also woods and other nice places and to work outside everywhere in Germany is no problem for me.
Magic in Germany is tolerated or people aren’t care about magic.
For some days my company opened me a very good offer to me. A new job, very good payment, a house and official car at company expense and a language teacher for English ;o) and …. Thai …
With the new job comes an emigration to Thailand.
The pros and cons about taking the job, the emigration, coverage, money, etc. is something which my partner and I have to worry about. This is not important for my matter in this thread.
The matter is: I don’t know much about the following things and maybe somebody of you can help me (or even lives in Thailand):

1.) Buddhism is the important religion in Thailand. I’ve read that Thais are respectful with other religions and don’t proselytize people. But what is with magic/occultism?
2.) Is it possible to work outside? Or have I may reckon that they hunt me with torches? ;-)
3.) Are their “magical people” beside the religious men in Thailand or are there special forums/communities/groups?
4.) And does anyone know a good book or website for magic/occultism in Thailand?

So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish
Benu108

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Hello and a problem: Thailand

Post by Ramscha »

Hallihallohallöchen, schön einen Sprachgenossen zu sehen. [yay]

Be welcome here in the forum.
I am sorry, but I guess I can´t help much with your problem in Thailand, however I would prepare myself to hide this "little hobby" if I were you.

Ramscha
bye bye

Durzl77
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Durzl77 »

http://www.sweenytod.com/rno/modules.ph ... le&sid=961
Well from this I'd say the people will tolerate it but the government likely won't, I myself would hide it, but it depends on who you are around and how confident you are about it.

isis.auset5
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by isis.auset5 »

I personally can't help you with your problem, but I'd just like to welcome you :)

Benu108
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Benu108 »

Hallihallohallöchen, schön einen Sprachgenossen zu sehen.
Na schau mal einer an. Dein Avatar ist übrigens sehr genial!
(…)I am sorry, but I guess I can´t help much with your problem in Thailand, however I would prepare myself to hide this "little hobby" if I were you.
Well from this I'd say the people will tolerate it but the government likely won't, I myself would hide it, but it depends on who you are around and how confident you are about it.
That’s the way I see it also. I have a normal look, not a “cliché magician” in black outfits, amulets or something like this. And some kind of “silence” is a tool in my practice. ;-)
Here in Germany I have contact to some groups, lead one group, am responsible for homepages, etc. and I have no contact to the government. But I have an uneasy feeling with the government of Thailand. Maybe this is a prejudice, that’s why I’m searching for “magical Thais” or information about that situation.

Thank you all for your welcome greeting!

Return to “Introductions”