Hail

Announce your presence, if you will.

Þurs
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hail

Post by Þurs »

Hail and well met. Naturally, I'm new here. I'm actually an atheist and don't believe in magick or anything of that sorts. What I do know is that it's a very interesting topic, at least to me, so I figured that I should actually study it a bit to see what it is. I'm quite into occultism and whatnot, so this forum sounds like a good idea to me. I'm especially interested in Chaos Gnosticism, probably because my favourite music genre, black metal, introduced me to it. I especially like the "Þursatrú" aspect of it, if I may use that term.

I'm from Israel, so my whole life I've been taught to believe that Satanism/magick/whatever is evil and should be shunned, but my musical experience has told me otherwise. It's also interesting to see the whole "Hebrew" and "Qabbalah" motif in so many aspects of occultism. Other interests of mine include linguistics and video games.

So yea, that's pretty much it. I simply hope to know more about Chaos Gnosticism and occultism as a whole.

Hi.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Hail

Post by Nahemah »

Hi and welcome to the forum. [cool]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 420 »

Hello and welcome. [cool]
Free or drug free? America can't be both!

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

Hello,

Western Ceremonial Magick is structured around the Kabbalah and uses Hebrew heavily. This aspect of it is rooted in the Middle Ages. Satanism is something different. Its origins are much later. A traditional magician uses the Higher Powers to control the demonic, while the Satanist looks to sell himself cheap to these same forces.

isis.auset5
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by isis.auset5 »

Hello, welcome! :) I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Isis

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Asurendra wrote:A traditional magician uses the Higher Powers to control the demonic, while the Satanist looks to sell himself cheap to these same forces.
Thats the best definition of Satanism I've heard in a long time... [thumbup]

Return to “Introductions”