Ave

Announce your presence, if you will.

Mysticwizard452
Forum Member
Forum Member

Ave

Post by Mysticwizard452 »

Hello everyone,

I thought I mite take a moment to introduce myself. I have been studying/practicing magic for over five years, using the Golden Dawn tradition as my primary frame work. While I don't claim to be a master in any particular area of magic, I do have a certain affinity for divination and a keen interest in astral projection and making talismans.

A little background (and maybe some baggage):

I have recently decided to part ways with the order that I was a member of. They proved to be staggeringly unhelpful during a time when I was enduring the progressive ruin of my life which, as I eventually discovered, resulted from the their flawed and incomplete instructions in magic. I corrected the mistakes in my magic and then my life promptly stopped falling apart. But what made me decide to leave was their incredulous reaction when I presented my findings.

It could be said that I learned an important lesson from the ordeal: Magic done incorrectly or improperly can be dangerous.

So here I am. I hope to make some new and interesting friends and be helpful where and when I can.
Fate is an unworthy ruler. Unfair, Unjust, and altogether uncaring. Do not be ruled by Fate. Usurp it, conquer it, and make it your bitch. Only then can you call yourself a Master.

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Ave

Post by Ramscha »

We both already had the pleasure of discussion. Welcome to the forum [grin]
bye bye

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

I'd be interested in hearing more details about what you were doing improperly and what problems it caused. I've had similar experiences before, and it sucked.

Welcome.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

ne1
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ne1 »

I'm with Rin and would like to hear more of your experiences. Glad you found us and to hear much from you. :)

Mysticwizard452
Forum Member
Forum Member

Rin wrote:I'd be interested in hearing more details about what you were doing improperly and what problems it caused. I've had similar experiences before, and it sucked.

Welcome.
ne1 wrote:I'm with Rin and would like to hear more of your experiences. Glad you found us and to hear much from you. :)

There was a missing seal from one of my elemental tools (it was omitted in my order's instructions). My life started getting torn to shreds the instant I made the tool. After a period of progressively worsening misery I prayed to the archangel appropriate for the problems I was having. That same day I 'chanced' across a set of correspondences for the tool and noticed a seal there that was not in the instructions that were given to me. I consulted a divination on the matter and received an emphatic confirmation that I needed to add that seal. I repainted and reconsecrated the tool with the Complete set of names and seals and then the shit storm was over as suddenly as it had begun.

This is just my personal theory: I believe that the four elemental tools/weapons also double as semi-perminent elemental talismans which connect the magician to the elements in order to strengthen his/her ability to work with them. As such, if they are improperly made, they can transmit an unbalanced stream of magical force/energy to their maker/user. These unbalanced forces could manifest as any number and kind of unfortunate events or difficulties, depending on their nature.

A bit of advice, always perform a comprehensive divination on any major magical work you are doing before you do it. With a good divination technique and a thorough understanding of it, it will not only tell you if its a good or bad idea, but also Why. A Pertinent Example: Maybe you have the right objective but your simply doing it wrong and doing it wrong would seriously mess you up.

Another problem was that the magic I was using to try to fix the damage was too weak (artificial elementals, great for small stuff, woefully inadequate for the big stuff) and my order wasn't sharing, in spite of the fact that they knew the desperate situation I was in. So did more praying to the archangels and they arranged my reception of stronger magical knowledge from sources outside the order. Specifically, talismanic magic. Now things are finally starting to move in a good direction for me.

The Lesson that I Learned: When dealing with magical problems, make sure you're using the right method for the right job.

I hope this little excerpt from my life in the School of Magic and Hard Knocks is helpful to you. [happyface]
Fate is an unworthy ruler. Unfair, Unjust, and altogether uncaring. Do not be ruled by Fate. Usurp it, conquer it, and make it your bitch. Only then can you call yourself a Master.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Hi and welcome to the forum. [grin]

Hmm...are you familiar with the concept of misdirection?

In the world of the Occult it is often a tool employed to encourage the student to stretch themselves and find solutions for themselves when the 'booklore' goes 'wrong'.
Most informally called 'blinds' or 'blinding' it is a method employed in formal and ritualised training,often found in orders and groups where a one on one direct mentorship is not always possible.
It may be this was the intent in your situation,but equally,it can just as much be due to incompetence on the part of the group dynamics/poor material complilation or framing/lack of understanding higher up in the order,and so on...

Discernment is a vital skill,lol and it can be difficult to evaluate other people's skill sets when you are not that experienced yourself.But,It seems you are already doing well with critical thinking,which is another very important tool to have in your kit.

I think you may well be better of on your own for a while and well done on sorting out your problem. [thumbup]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Mysticwizard452
Forum Member
Forum Member

Nahemah wrote: Hmm...are you familiar with the concept of misdirection?

In the world of the Occult it is often a tool employed to encourage the student to stretch themselves and find solutions for themselves when the 'booklore' goes 'wrong'.
Most informally called 'blinds' or 'blinding' it is a method employed in formal and ritualised training,often found in orders and groups where a one on one direct mentorship is not always possible.
It may be this was the intent in your situation,but equally,it can just as much be due to incompetence on the part of the group dynamics/poor material complilation or framing/lack of understanding higher up in the order,and so on...

Discernment is a vital skill,lol and it can be difficult to evaluate other people's skill sets when you are not that experienced yourself.But,It seems you are already doing well with critical thinking,which is another very important tool to have in your kit.

I think you may well be better of on your own for a while and well done on sorting out your problem. [thumbup]
Thank you for your encouraging words Nahemah.

I am aware of the teaching practice of 'blinding'. However, given the dangerous nature of incorrectly performed magic (at least where talismanic devices are concerned), it is not something I can condone.

But that's the past. Now I am looking to the future.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. [happyface]

Return to “Introductions”