Post by mynameistheocean »

My irl name is Marissa, which translates from Latin to, "of the sea"

Raksju
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: What does your name mean?

Post by Raksju »

i've made some abbreviation from Rakshasha

It transforms every time i register sometihng, usually i try to go for Raksha,Rakshasha, Rakshara Raksju etc...

Mambabarang
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mambabarang »

Basically, Mambabarang is the filipino version of a sorcerer. Myths say they use insects to carry out their bidding, which is bloody awesome.

Ehhhhhh and that's it!
"I wanna shove my entire foot up my ass"
-My evil friend, Devil, 21 June 2020

LoD
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoD »

Ave,

Well... it´s a name I chose many moons ago when first entering the wonderful world of online forums (or is it fora? Never quite sure about that one) and it stuck with me. For those of you who may have either visited the old Satanist.net or Earthsongforums (the last one I´d rather forget about) will probably know me from there, since I am relatively sure no-one else has used LoD as such. What does it stand for? I could let you guess...
but I won´t. It´s quite simply short for Lord of Darkness

Take care and stay out of trouble,

LoD
If I´m right for the wrong reasons, does that still make me right?

Disconnect... and self destruct... one bullet at a time... what's your rush now... everyone will have his day to die

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

- SPIDA -

S : the serpent; PI : the circle; DA : knowledge.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

borealis
System Administrator
System Administrator

Post by borealis »

Mine is a throwaway name; I didn't want OccultForum tied to my other projects and communities. Obviously it comes from "aurora borealis", it translates to "northern" in Latin.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

It wasn't my intention for my screen name to have any 'meaning'. The interpretation of the three segments occurred after the fact. So yeah, it was a fluke.

I've wanted to change my SN on occasion, and have on one site, but I suppose I may as well be stuck with it.

Cheers

circa1948
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by circa1948 »

Mine is self-explanatory :) It's the year of my birth.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Yeah you were in your twenties when all that good music started coming out. Of course everyone may not enjoy music as much as I; just sayin'. Nice camera. I got one of those forty dollar waterproof ones from Staples, but the pictures aren't really all bad, pretty good actually, but what do I know.

pleasurecursed28
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by pleasurecursed28 »

My demonic, futanari succubus soul self, named is Pleasure Cursed. Which is my succubus name, basic on a quiz called What is your succubus name?. I've considered that my demonic soul self, is a futanari succubus. Which is another name for transgender women, or transgender feminie spirit. I'm currently following the left hand path, of the Kundalini Awakening. To be able transmute my soul, to a demonic sex spirit in my next life, considering that I'm a sex addict, who enjoy having sex, and a sexual lifestyle.

merpirebiga88
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by merpirebiga88 »

Merpire Big A, is a type of a merperson, with both aquatic, and vampiric powers, and abilities. As the term Merpire represent a hybrid, or half blooded merperson, or vampire. They are created, or born when a vampire, and a merfolk have children and create a hybrid between the two races. If you wanted to find half blooded supernatural beings in the unseen realm, you really would have to look around. Because half blooded supernatural beings, are not that well known, in the human realm.

1-19-21
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 1-19-21 »

My username is my wedding date.
Sunset is dawn somewhere else.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

1-19-21 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:03 pm My username is my wedding date.

I hope you can use that username for a long time.

1-19-21
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 1-19-21 »

Amor wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:22 pm
1-19-21 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:03 pm My username is my wedding date.

I hope you can use that username for a long time.
Thank you. It's my 2nd marriage. I think this one's a keeper.
Sunset is dawn somewhere else.

merpirebiga96
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by merpirebiga96 »

My name is Stanley, Smith, though family, and friends called me by my nicknamed Big A which stood for my middle name Alexander. Also the name Big A is considered to be my magical name, while the name Merpire, represent a hybrid supernatural being, between a vampire, and merfolk. The types of merfolk, known, as Merpire is a either a hybrid supernatural being, between a vampire, and merfolk, or a merfolk with vampiric characteristic qualities.

mermanbiga89
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by mermanbiga89 »

My name is Stanley Smith, though family, and friends called me by my nicknamed Merman Big A. Which stood for my middle named Alexander, also it's my magical named, as I'm very in tune spirituality with both water, and earth elements. I came upon that magical named, according to my zodiac signs, that I'm a Taurus, which stood as, ones of the Earth element signs, ruled by Venus. Also when its come to supernatural beings mermaids are ones of my top ten favorite supernatural beings, plus I always felt a close connection toward them.

Oggunista80
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Oggunista80 »

Good morning and blessing. First time post.

My name is spanish for Oggun, one of the orishas within Santeria that i was said to favor wirh and share its characteristics. Santeria was the religion I was associated wirh growing up, but i do recognize all the othr cultural/pagan entities and their power within the material universe.

ash_
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ash_ »

Ash is similar to my name, which I could never imagine being without; it's the only name I have ever and could ever be referred to other than my real one [lol] my name has many meanings including hope, desire, love and life- what more could I really ask for? Ash also works as a little joke nickname amongst me and my other little pothead friends. it's not as cool and inspired as the other responses I've seen [thumbup] but I'm a pretty straightforward and person I suppose :) hi by the way this was my first post:D

Impudicus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Impudicus »

Impudicus is the name of the middle finger.

Cornish_Emet
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cornish_Emet »

As I’m from Cornwall I would rather not have used the name Emet as it has a different meaning (and spelling) down here! I accepted it after the word would not leave me alone and kept cropping up … In Hebrew it means Truth, I’m sure some of you will know the Cornish definition!

NocturnalSorcerer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by NocturnalSorcerer »

Hello! My name is a representation of my desire to experience the darker and nightside regions of the occult

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Kath is just as close as you can get to Kate in terms of visual resemblance to archaic greek script. Or perhaps Katn might be closer.
Mainly it just wasn't taken, and people already knew me by it, so...

Kathryn is my name. For the most part the meaning has been appropriated by christendom. Usually you'll see it referenced as relating to the latin word "katharos", but there's no evidence that this was ever used as a name. katharos means "pure" or undiluted, or having removed all of which is not of it. And sometimes was referenced as a state of mind or heart relevant to enlightenment. But the real origin of Kathryn as a name (and all similar "Katerine" based names), is Hekaterine, which was was used as a name in archaic greek. It's meaning is pretty straightforward:

Hekaterine means "Of Hekate", who was a more prominent deity prior to the roman integration with greece, and getting roped into triad goddess ideas.

Kathryn is a fairly modern celtic spelling of Katerine/Katherine, which is a shorted version of Hekaterine. In some parts of southeastern europe you still see the original form, Hekaterine, used as a name.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I've never thought about the relationship of 'Kate' with 'Hekate', and I've also never really cared for the popular definitions of this goddess, but if you separate the 'He' from the 'kate' the 'He' prefix is the Hebrew 1st 'He' of Tetragrammaton and also the final 'He' of that formula which is synonymous with two of the four Kabbalistic worlds in the Tree of Life, and Hekate is an association of the 3rd sphere in the second world(1st 'He').

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Spida wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:08 am I've never thought about the relationship of 'Kate' with 'Hekate', and I've also never really cared for the popular definitions of this goddess, but if you separate the 'He' from the 'kate' the 'He' prefix is the Hebrew 1st 'He' of Tetragrammaton and also the final 'He' of that formula which is synonymous with two of the four Kabbalistic worlds in the Tree of Life, and Hekate is an association of the 3rd sphere in the second world(1st 'He').
mmmm, it's archaic greek though, not hebrew. meanings get really weird when you start reading sylabic connotations from one language into another language. Even going from say spanish to french, or latin, all of which are based on the same language, subtle meanings can diverge signnificantly.

in it's original form it Hekate looks like this:
Ἑκάτη

the ' at the start represents a "rough breath" sound, which is sometimes translated as "H".

In dark age and archaic ancient Greece periods, before romanization and a reimagining of Hekate as a crone in a triple goddess idea... Hekate was a singular goddess, associated with crossroads, doorways, gates, keys, locks, boundaries, transitions, divergent paths in the timeline, causality. And through her general association with causality, she was associated with the practice of magic, as well as science. she did seem to overlap slightly with the further eastern idea of Shakti or Kali in India, and could also be loosely associated with Ereshkigal from Sumer. She was originally seen as a lady dressed in white, not of any particular age, more often associated with night time, or dawn/dusk, and the transition from one day to the next at midnight. her center of worship was on a small greek island, and she wasn't too closely associated with the rest of the greek pantheon. Also she was a titan, rather than an olympian. Although originally she wasn't considered a titan either, not until the greeks started creating pantheon story lines to tie different beliefs together in a system. her character and religious role changed quite a lot in the subsequent centuries, but the use of Hekaterine as a name, stems from the time of that earlier version of her. She seems to date back as far as early proto-greek culture.

I can't help wondering if hekate mythos was in any way an influence on Zeno's paradoxes in the 5th century BC.

Anyway, Kabbalah comes along some 1600 years later, in another culture & language, one not well known for finding ideological common ground with it's neighbors. Although sometimes the connotations of sounds in language did overlap regional boundaries. But the timing difference is pretty far apart from Kabbalah. Ancient hebrew culture would have coexisted not terribly far away though. I dunno.

It's probably completely pointless to do so, but I like to look at belief origins, rather than their eventual appropriation. I even think that Babylonian mythos is kind of a bastardization of Sumerian mythos hehe. Even though it's the same lineage of people adapting it.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Re : Kabbalah

As an aside. I think anyone that likes Stephen Hawking and the "singularity" terminology, or just big bang stuff in general, and tends to lean more towards the laws of parsimony will be able to appreciate and find favor with the origins of Kabbalah/Qabalah.

Return to “Introductions”