What does your name mean?

Announce your presence, if you will.

BrokenSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: What does your name mean?

Post by BrokenSeeker »

There's a lot broken about me (in a reasonable, human sort of way, not in a melodramatic sort of way), so most of my energy is spent trying to find ways to fix it and become better.

Vordana
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vordana »

Vordana used to be my characters name in World Of Warcraft. I plucked it from thin air when searching for a unique name. It has stuck with me ever since.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Spida is the name of my 12 year old all black cat. I have two other all black cats, Little, and Annabell. The name Spida is not associated with anything(not a variant of Spider), I created the name out of nothing, although i did entertain the kings name in Lord of the Rings "Stryder" at one point, so it may have been an influence.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

DarkSchneider
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by DarkSchneider »

I've chosen the name DarkSchneider, based on the character from Bastard!!, a manga I am fond of.

Funny enough, I've not a real inclination for anime or manga these days. I just really liked Bastard!! for being over the top, cliched and fun to read.

My occultist name is actually Corvus Corax, but I also use the name Moebius, when I write in my spellbooks or such.

Corvus Corax is the name for a Common Raven, and a Mobius strip is a shape similar to infinity. I chose Corvus Corax because ravens are my favorite birds. A bit typical I know, but I truly like them. I got the name Moebius from Blood Omen: the Legacy of Kain. Moebius is a sinister sorcerer that I'm quite fond of, especially his connection to time and time travel.
"...You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world." -Anton LaVey

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Napoli is the name of my avatar. She is a Facebook chat sticker and the apple of my eye [happyface] . She is a Neapolitan ice-cream and hence her name Napoli. I wanted to choose something unique so I chose her. I am so fond of her that even my friends call me Napoli. OK, enough of this childish talk [shh] .
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

ErebusNamtar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ErebusNamtar »

How did I miss this thread?

Well Erebus is the son of Chaos in mythology so there's that. Also, the literal meaning of the name is "darkness". Whilst negative for most people I see darkness as a time of revelation rather than obscuration.
And it also happens to be the name of two fictional characters tat are cool. And a beautiful mountain. [grin2]

Namtar means destiny/fate. The word could be used on its own in Sumerian but in both Sumerian and Mesopotamian mythology it was also a minor deity; the son of Enlil and Ereshkigal. He brought diseases and other nice things to the people...bleh.
I use Namtar merely for what it means linguistically; destiny/faith. I don't have anything with the deity at all. 60 diseases? Nah thanks.

Neko-phyte
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Neko-phyte »

Neko for cats (猫), -phyte for 'neophyte'. It's a portmanteau-ish play on words, I suppose.
I've been seeing 'neophyte' being used here (and probably also in other circles) as a derogatory term, almost, but I don't mind admitting I don't know a lot. There's no point in pretending :)
Cats... well I know they're popular, but I've had a particularly interesting journey with them...

one-off
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by one-off »

My real name means king, royal chieftain, and I was born with the scorpio pluto sign.

http://www.alwaysastrology.com/pluto-in-scorpio.html - my first time reading this horoscope, I must say it's spot on.

I think it's cool. It'd be nice if there was something larger at work.

Anyway, I think you were asking about the username.

One-Off is a reference to something that only happens once and is not repeated. My existence. I'm a unique emotional expression of GOD. An integer as Aleister Crowley put it in the book of lies.

No person has existed like me before or will ever again. This isn't a delusion of grandeur based off my name. It's the same for you. My understanding so far is that when we are born we come in with some basic temperaments to our souls based off of different things. Then we go through life and have unique experiences where we form habits and change and evolve from the choices we make. So no two people can ever be completely alike even if we all are part of a hivemind and got spirit from the same source.

Men-Kali-Nan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Men-Kali-Nan »

I'm a thelemite and always choose the names of stars for magickal names (Liber AL vel Legis: 'every man and every woman is a star'). Menkalinan is the common name for Beta Aurigae, a star in the northern constellation of Auriga. It's not an auspicious star unless well-aspected - it's associated with disgrace & ruin, especially through excessive pleasure seeking - but there's something about it and I've always liked the sound of the name.

(I'm a guy, and the hyphens to pick out the name Kali are there for a bit of feminine balance - and how!).

Count Zero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Count Zero »

My name is a pseudo-fantasy computer operation that was popularised by the author William Gibson in a book by the same name. The function itself does not really exist in the way it was described by him, and is in fact called 'Branch equal to zero' or 'Branch on equal'. I also use another pseudo-fantasy variant in my signature - (Count) = 0. This too is incorrect as an actual function, the real function should in fact read as Count (0), but I find that rather boring, and as the function isn't a real computer operation it really doesn't matter that much how I show it.

As an instruction it simply represents the idea that when you discover that something isn't working, or what you know to be true is in fact incorrect, the best thing to do is stop and start again. This further reflects my change from my previous identity here, Clockwork Ghost, into this new identity. The previous one served its time, the process of development needed to be arrested, and started anew.
(Count) = 0
On receiving an interrupt, decrement the counter to zero.

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

My first name means: "Light",
And my last name means: "Dark".
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Algiz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Algiz »

Algiz is my chosen magick name and has a bit of a story to it I guess. My first name and the word "Protection" share numerology, and as I'm sure many of you know, Algiz is the protection rune. The real story though, is from when I got my first set of runes. I got them, spent a couple hours memorizing their names, and then put them in a bag on my desk. I went to bed under a couple blankets. The next morning I woke up and found the Algiz rune in my right hand, clenched into a fist on my chest with the other runes scattered around on my desk. When I was a kid I used to sleepwalk a lot, but I hadn't had it happen in years. The same thing happened the next night. So the third night I put the rune bag into a desk drawer and locked it, and then left the keys on the desk like I normally do. The next morning I had the rune again and the desk was thrown open with the keys in the lock.

And that's why I picked the name Algiz.

Reading everyone else's stories was very interesting. I always wondered about names and such.
"Midway between our life's journey, I found myself within a forest dark, for the straightforward pathway had been lost." -Dante Alighieri

ShadowFire
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ShadowFire »

My name is very straight forward - two elements thrown together. I can honestly say I chose it to hide. I've had too much trouble these past couple of years to use something with more meaning. So I chose two big parts of my pagan/occult identity, and threw them into a rather blunt and messy label.
Born of chaos. Branded in shadow. Driven by fire.

tripkos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by tripkos »

I used the name Trepkos once. It's a character playing in an episode of the x-files. The 9th episode of season 2, titled "firewalker". It's about a team of scientists researching volcanoes. A new lifeform is discovered in a volcano, and most team-members get infected with spores of some unknown fungus. I changed it to "Tripkos" because i live in a trip. There's also a "Trepkos" playing in Buffy the vampire slayer. I'ts not the one.
YORKO MALENO ZINJOYO NURFELDO GARSTAFANO FANO FAAANO FAAAAANO - neriël yukti

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

AI stands for some secret latin that is related to a phoenix and also means 1000 other things to me. frater was tacked on to be cool and latiny even tho i prefer "brother". Frater-aye sounds fine to me too so i was cool with it [wink]
Only right reflection and right meditation can free you - Ananda Metteya

BillTheSlink
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by BillTheSlink »

My first name is Bill and I worked at a family owned chain of hardware stores local to Cincinnati, Oh, and towards the end of my time there when I was around 22 I met the coolest kid who was about 16 at the time and he nick-named me TheSlink, both because Slink sounds like the first have of my last name, and because when I wasn't actually doing something I walked aimlessly around the store and he said I moved like a Slinky, which was a toy made in the 70s-80s that was a big spring that you could make walk down a flight of stairs but it ambled left to right in a random and unpredictable way.

LunaAmalthea
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LunaAmalthea »

Amalthea is the name given to the unicorn in the book (and also movie) The Last Unicorn when she's given a human form. After a while as human she begins to forget her true self, though she feel she don't belong.

A cliché, I know, but it is a feeling I've had for as long as I can remember.
I should be someone else somewhere else, I just don't remember. [clown]

Roshan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Roshan »

"Roshan" means "star" in Persian and, through Persian, in a number of Indian languages. I chose the name because it represents my aspirations and is the Persian equivalent of my English name which means "light".
There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly ~ Martha Graham

Solita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Solita »

My name is Latin. It means "alone"

It describes how I feel and live. It is not a magic/spiritual name of any kind

wayward_time
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by wayward_time »

Auld Lang Syne, Wayward Time,
Wanderer, Journeyer, Singer in Rhymes.
Child of the Stars, Love-Bearer,
Light-Bringer.
Traversing the world
The sacred Key-Keeper.
Teller of tales, keeper of lore,
legend and mythos and what plants are for.

Would you believe your eyes if they told you?
Would you rather be living the lies that they sold you?
What if you killed your beliefs and stood free?
What if you killed your brainwashing tv?
What if you started to run, jump and play?
What would they think, what might they say?

I've come to ask meaningful questions,
Gather stories to connect generations
and when I'm in the mood
I may share one or two
of the precious gems, far-fetched, hard-learned,
since I have seen the promised land and returned.

Everything is topsy-turvy. Everything is wrong. That's why I chose wayward time, to represent the relocational feeling I have about this reality. I feel like I came from somewhere else - like an alternate dimension, and one day I stepped through a door, and my family wasn't my family, and this world wasn't my world.

KyMera
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by KyMera »

Ky Mera is the name of a fantasy character persona I use quite often online with friends. A play on 'chimera', she represents the strange mix of beliefs and ideas I hold. Being a unique, mostly benevolent demoness, she always feels a bit out of place with both 'her own kind' and mortals. (No offense to anyone who finds actual demons pleasant company!)

It is a bit silly, but stepping into her shoes comforts me, and I figure this is definitely somewhere open for me to put on a favorite piece of me~!

Mr.Arch-Vile
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mr.Arch-Vile »

Play Doom II and watch me in action.

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

i go by bfrrules on diablo duels going on 8 years cactusjack was after the wresler reach dayjavue
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

TBH, i don't even know. My friend wouldn't shut up about this video game called Dishonored, and this character in it called Daud. I fancied the name, so i stole it. 8)
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Dr Strange Stuff »

I myself enjoy my privacy enormously and I wanted to pick a name that held no meaning to me or anything that could be connected to me. Call me paranoid but to each their own. Dr. Strange is a movie out in theaters now and even though I haven't seen it, I thought it would be a good base to start to share my magical path with everyone here. [thumbup]

Return to “Introductions”