My Departure (possibly temporarily)

Announce your presence, if you will.

DarkSchneider
Forum Member
Forum Member

My Departure (possibly temporarily)

Post by DarkSchneider »

I feel like an inactive member of this forum. I don't feel like I contribute very much or have anything helpful to say. But I do feel like I want to at least have a place among you, and honor and respect you all the way you have put up with me for the time that I've been here, even if I am not remembered well.

I think I have some searching to do, and as a result, I might need to get a better grasp on myself before pursuing magic any further. Inexperience and stubbornness doesn't mix well together. I don't feel like I have it in me to practice magic, atleast not in the traditional, ceremonial sense. I am not studious, or have strong enough will to push myself forward to read at the moment. I know this can all pass once I've grounded and sorted myself out. But for now I need to look within and work hard in my own way. Self doubt is a terrible thing, and though I don't believe in self mastery I do believe in self improvement. The difference being you can't be perfect but always seek improvement, no matter how slight.

I really enjoyed my time here and will probably be back, but I need a real break. When I have results I will share them, and contribute more here.

I was hoping I could build upon meditation and divination skills, so I might do that in my time, when I am sorted out.

Anyways, it's been fun. See you in the funny papers.
"...You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world." -Anton LaVey

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: My Departure (possibly temporarily)

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Safe travels, DarkSchneider. You'll always be welcome here, and your profile will be waiting for you when you return. [grin]

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

Good luck, and do come and say hello [thumbup]

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

You don't need to post every day in order to be a member of this forum, or any forum really. What makes your contribution valuable are the effect you have on others and the usefulness of the threads you leave behind for future occultists to learn from. You've done both of those things. Well, anyways, I hope that things get better for you soon.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

DarkSchneider wrote:I feel like an inactive member of this forum. I don't feel like I contribute very much or have anything helpful to say. But I do feel like I want to at least have a place among you, and honor and respect you all the way you have put up with me for the time that I've been here, even if I am not remembered well.

I think I have some searching to do, and as a result, I might need to get a better grasp on myself before pursuing magic any further. Inexperience and stubbornness doesn't mix well together. I don't feel like I have it in me to practice magic, atleast not in the traditional, ceremonial sense. I am not studious, or have strong enough will to push myself forward to read at the moment. I know this can all pass once I've grounded and sorted myself out. But for now I need to look within and work hard in my own way. Self doubt is a terrible thing, and though I don't believe in self mastery I do believe in self improvement. The difference being you can't be perfect but always seek improvement, no matter how slight.

I really enjoyed my time here and will probably be back, but I need a real break. When I have results I will share them, and contribute more here.

I was hoping I could build upon meditation and divination skills, so I might do that in my time, when I am sorted out.

Anyways, it's been fun. See you in the funny papers.
Finally you've said something wise. Go out in the world and grow.... or not. You need to master yourself a bit, so go out and do it.

Eremita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Eremita »

Let us know how you're getting on, if the fancy strikes you. I for one will miss your threads.

Best of luck, champ. :)

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

You'll always be remembered well and kept in my prayers, hun.

Sometimes, people can get lost in trying to be who or what they think they should be instead of who or what we really are. Sometimes, learning what we're not is just as important as figuring out who we are. In your darkest times, remember that some stranger on the internet thinks you're pretty special. I don't know why you're life has been so difficult but you're doing it. Take good care of yourself and know that I hope good things for you. Safe journeys, my friend.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Return to “Introductions”