I'm doing this out of order, but hello!

Announce your presence, if you will.

littledeadybear
Forum Member
Forum Member

I'm doing this out of order, but hello!

Post by littledeadybear »

Hello!

Pardon my rude, rude manners, but I jumped gun on my first day of sign up and went directly to Beginner Info both to receive ideas and in some way, I suppose, validation for my desire to be here. I was blessed enough to have Shin be the first to come by and leave commentary for my questions, and not just commentary, but to excellent sources that since reading in my spare time, have helped me feel empowered into believing that my goals are something achievable. Given from what I've been reading in other parts of this forum, it should be no surprise than it was IIH by Bardon that Shin recommended for my reading. And now, already, I'm trying to schedule out a week for Step 1!

I have a slightly unique background for occultism in that I come from a family of zealous Mormons, which the more I read into Occult, the more I find rituals and ways of thinking that are exactly identical. I already knew I was a mini-God in the making and that creation is my divine purpose, I suppose I just never thought that meant I could create in the now with something as simple and at the same time, difficult as intent.

Some days it doesn't bother me that I'm committing blasphemy.

Some days, it does, and I'm sure it's tainted my experiences in earlier dabblings.

I hope to get to know more of you, and to eventually be able to contribute as much as I have received within the recent week.

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: I'm doing this out of order, but hello!

Post by Frumens »

I didn't make an introduction thread for over two years. Don't sweat it. Nice to meet you.

Yup, I think it's hilarious the way Mormons and Scientologists and other groups with small esoteric bends think they've discovered the ultimate truth, when really their secret practices are only the tip of the supernatural iceberg.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

littledeadybear
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by littledeadybear »

It's worse when you're actually born into the religion with frenetic parents. There's never more assurity that your 'truth' is the only actual truth, and that any alteration is a gross perversion to not even question, touch, or go near. I had a friend in my early 20's who would constantly debate me when I was at my most pious, and in recollection when that defensive shell had cracked, he would comment on how it was somewhat scary the way I would become when I was trying to defend the Mormon church, how often I'd revert to slavish programming, and how I would abandon the ability to be reasonable and logical.

From what I've read about Scientology, they're no different aside from wanting so much more than a 10% income tithe. It's a shame that both religions are so terribly manipulative to their youth, because many things that both religions teach are incredibly useful. The beginning of our Joseph Smith history begins with a very nice ecample of how to banish. The idea of going external and confrontation in Scientology--what an awesome thing, to actually have a community that so actively encourages the act of mental projection.

And hee! Two years? Slacker. :D

insomni4c
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by insomni4c »

Welcome to the forum [yay]

*Presses play on a small radio. The music from the Twilight Zone begins playing*

I'm not an expert on Mormonism or anything, but a very interesting thing about it are the similarities between its founding and that of Enochian magic. Like from the way I understand it, Joseph Smith was involved in scrying, which lead to angelic contact, just as Dee and Kelly were. The plates that were supposedly found and translated from an "ancient language" by the "gift and power of god", remind me a lot of the tables and calls delivered to Dee and Kelly in the Enochian language, which were translated by the angels. Both parties also were given instructions that were very different from contemporary Christianity, Dee and Kelly were even told that Jesus was not the son of God, that there was no sin, and were at one point instructed to sleep with one another's wives. While in Mormonism, you have Jesus as a separate being from God (at least I think so), polygamy being practised at one point, and other beliefs and practices that were very against the grain of contemporary Christianity. You also have, in Mormonism, the instructions of the prophet changing over time, some things were dropped and declared as wrong; while Dee and Kelly often had the angels correct past revelations, some of them were even considered the product of evil spirits trying to interfere with their work. Also the whole belief that Mormonism was revealed as the original pure Christian doctrine, runs parallel to how Dee and Kelly were told that they were receiving the original magic taught by the angels to Enoch, before it was corrupted.

I'm sure there are more similarities, but that's all I have off the top of my head. I once heard an Enochian magician describe Mormonism as the worst Enochian operation ever lol. It's interesting though, to think that maybe Joseph Smith, and John Dee and Edward Kelly may have been communicating with the same beings. I've also noticed several other similarities with beings from various places, which is just beyond intriguing to me. Maybe I'll make a thread on this topic when I've solidified my thoughts on it a little more.

Yex
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yex »

Welcome!

Re:Mormonism - it's worth noting that Joseph Smith was (at various times) a practicing freemason, and most likely incorporated masonic ritual into his religion, and that the contemporary LDS Church holds no position against its members practicing masonry (many other Christian denominations do).
"love is the whole and more than all" - ee cummings

"Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings" - Robert Hunter, as sung by Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

An introduction post is nice, but it's optional, so no worries. [thumbup]

Hello and welcome to the forum. [cool]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Return to “Introductions”