Hi all..

Announce your presence, if you will.

ghawke2
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hi all..

Post by ghawke2 »

Hi everyone,

New here and thought id say hello. I guess you could say my journey here began when I picked up Manly Halls "The Secret Teachings of All Ages" out of curiosity. It then continued when I was browsing amazon and purchased some books by Lon Milo Duquette for pure entertainment witbout serious inquiry.

(Mr. Duquette if you're on here, check your OTHER box on FAcebook messaging folder!)

I have been going through some very rough times lately with a failed relationship which hit me pretty hard, attempts to garner better employment which has been rough, and my father passed away last year. I guess you could say I've been going through my long night of the soul or my time in the alchemists cave as I'm learning.

With the breakup, I had downloaded a two dollar ebook on servitor creation. I had never done magick before so I tried it one day in a really down mood creating what the book described as a thoughtform to bring women to my attention (lol my ex of a year and half had moved on two weeks after breaking up so i figured what the heck) and as a face which would lovingly block my thoughts of my ex. (Lol if you're asking, it has been four months since the break up so I'm all over most of that and not using magick for love etc.)

I'll be damned if not after three days of creating the thing (no, not using it for love and I since destroyed it) I was walking around a park on a Saturday afternoon when I noticed several ladies smiling at me and as I walked past one on a park bench something moved to strike up a conversation which ultimately lasted three hours and gave me a nice little tan in the happening. Nothing came of it except a badly needed affirmation from feminine quarters.

The next night, Sunday, a woman I hadn't seen since college called me up to go to dinner who was visiting the area.

Given that, I became a believer.

In the last couple of months I bought a book called "The New Hermetics", I already owned a Regardies Golden Dawn (had no idea what i was reading until other books put it into perspective) and a few books on Kabalah and his One Year Manual trying to get into meditation after Manly Hall, as well as a vew books on NLP And Chaos Magick.

Currently, in the last few weeks I've been working through the steps and exercises outlined in Kraigs "Modern Magick" LBRP, M.P., Tarot Card contemplation.

A few times doing the LBRP I've felt like I had someone standing behind me which kind of freaked me at first and my dreams are being remembered much more now.

Anyway, I'm here basically because there are things inside of myself which I want to master and find balance in. I wouldn't mind finding a more permanent job of course, but I also realize that will be an after effect of a better, richer, me.

So here I am. Hello everyone. [happy]

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Hi all..

Post by Nahemah »

Hello and welcome. [grin]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

Yo [cool]
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

ghawke2
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ghawke2 »

Thank you, thank you. *hat tip*

Eremita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Eremita »

Thanks for the detailed introduction, was interesting to read. Welcome. :)

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

For a lot of us there's a backstory and quite often it seems quite true that the path itself seems to pluck us up.

Glad to have you here and good luck in your continued studies! :)
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

palindrom
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by palindrom »

hello [happyface]

pali

Return to “Introductions”