Greetings from the new girl

Announce your presence, if you will.

MadameAlexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Greetings from the new girl

Post by MadameAlexander »

I'm new to the site, and to my Path. I'd like a place to come to talk to people about experiences, signs and serendipity.

Or, anything else anyone wants to talk about.

I don't do spells. O0
Madame Alexander

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Greetings from the new girl

Post by RockDemon »

Welcome! What do you study?

MadameAlexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

RockDemon wrote:Welcome! What do you study?
Herbs, crystals, animal totems, dreams and symbolism/numerology.

You?
Madame Alexander

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

I study Hermeticism, studying Franz Bardon's IIH, some Yoga practices, and dreams, symbolism as well. How long have you been studying dreams?

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Hi there, welcome to the forum. [grin]

MadameAlexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

I started lightely about 2 years ago when one shook me out of a dazed existence and set me on my Path. I love how potent and poignant they can be. The hardest part for me is, though, when symbols have dual meanings, or they can go one way or the other, and sometimes they make me nervous ha-ha! Like now, a couple have me nervous about my relationship. What are the first two things you mentioned that you study?
O0
Madame Alexander

MadameAlexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Clockwork_Ghost wrote:Hi there, welcome to the forum. [grin]

Thank you! What about you? What do you study?

[grin]
Madame Alexander

Calicifer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Calicifer »

I find it to be needless practice to be restricted just by few paths (study fields). They all lead to the same destination anyways. Anyways, welcome!

MadameAlexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Calicifer wrote:I find it to be needless practice to be restricted just by few paths (study fields). They all lead to the same destination anyways. Anyways, welcome!
So, what do you practice then?
[happyface]

I'm incredibly new, and those are a few of the things that have come naturally to me that have helped me develop my magick and keep on my path
Madame Alexander

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

MadameAlexander wrote:I started lightely about 2 years ago when one shook me out of a dazed existence and set me on my Path. I love how potent and poignant they can be. The hardest part for me is, though, when symbols have dual meanings, or they can go one way or the other, and sometimes they make me nervous ha-ha! Like now, a couple have me nervous about my relationship. What are the first two things you mentioned that you study?
O0
Yes I can understand, though my experience is less than yours.
You mean Hermeticism and Franz Bardon's IIH? Hermeticism is an ancient magickal science, or magickal tradition, coming mostly from Greece and Egypt. Franz Bardon's Initiation Into Hermetics is a great book for the beginners on Hermetic path.

MadameAlexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

RockDemon wrote:
MadameAlexander wrote:I started lightely about 2 years ago when one shook me out of a dazed existence and set me on my Path. I love how potent and poignant they can be. The hardest part for me is, though, when symbols have dual meanings, or they can go one way or the other, and sometimes they make me nervous ha-ha! Like now, a couple have me nervous about my relationship. What are the first two things you mentioned that you study?
O0
Yes I can understand, though my experience is less than yours.
You mean Hermeticism and Franz Bardon's IIH? Hermeticism is an ancient magickal science, or magickal tradition, coming mostly from Greece and Egypt. Franz Bardon's Initiation Into Hermetics is a great book for the beginners on Hermetic path.

I wiki'd it [happy]

How did you get into it?
Madame Alexander

Calicifer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Calicifer »

MadameAlexander wrote:
Calicifer wrote:I find it to be needless practice to be restricted just by few paths (study fields). They all lead to the same destination anyways. Anyways, welcome!
[happyface]

I'm incredibly new, and those are a few of the things that have come naturally to me that have helped me develop my magick and keep on my path

Now engineering and programming mostly. During busy periods there is not much strength left or time to spend on your spiritual growth. I already that world threatening me with its coming constantly.

On more serious note, I think of taking masters in philosophy to compliment my occult studies. That I'm interested in nowadays are myths, lore, knowledge of any field. I want to get hand of it before doing it myself. From magickal point of view I practice vampyrism, energy working and learning how to use my will in general sense since it hurts people if left uncontrolled.

Now I just have little things to worry about like I'm trying to figure out if it's my force of will who turns out phone's alarm clock sometimes and leaves me missing my lectures. Today for god's sake I did not even reached that damn phone and alarm clock stopped working again... [bored]

Btw: chaos magick is that I study if you need a precise name of the field. Sadly, those fucking books have like 90% chance of getting lost in the mail. The terrible fruequency at which they arrive to me is damn disturbing...
Last edited by Calicifer on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calicifer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Calicifer »

Hmmm, they just came to help you to develop your magickal abilities? For me they only came to help to keep my wolf alive. I was in spiritual crisis, abandoning my ways of hatred and destroying my old self. They got upset about that and physical attack on me showed quickly of how valuable violence and hatred truly is. Despite this, despite calling them up and being like a beacon to them, they avoid me all together. I wanted demonic divine to help me out instead I got other people like me to help me out. Not in a short term, but in the long.

MadameAlexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Calicifer wrote:
MadameAlexander wrote:
[happyface]

Now engineering and programming mostly. During busy periods there is not much strength left or time to spend on your spiritual growth. I already that world threatening me with its coming constantly.

On more serious note, I think of taking masters in philosophy to compliment my occult studies. That I'm interested in nowadays are myths, lore, knowledge of any field. I want to get hand of it before doing it myself. From magickal point of view I practice vampyrism, energy working and learning how to use my will in general sense since it hurts people if left uncontrolled.

Now I just have little things to worry about like I'm trying to figure out if it's my force of will who turns out phone's alarm clock sometimes and leaves me missing my lectures. Today for god's sake I did not even reached that damn phone and alarm clock stopped working again... [bored]

Btw: chaos magick is that I study if you need a precise name of the field. Sadly, those fucking books have like 90% chance of getting lost in the mail. The terrible fruequency at which they arrive to me is damn disturbing...

Maybe your alarm and books are telling you something?
Madame Alexander

MadameAlexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Calicifer wrote:Hmmm, they just came to help you to develop your magickal abilities? For me they only came to help to keep my wolf alive. I was in spiritual crisis, abandoning my ways of hatred and destroying my old self. They got upset about that and physical attack on me showed quickly of how valuable violence and hatred truly is. Despite this, despite calling them up and being like a beacon to them, they avoid me all together. I wanted demonic divine to help me out instead I got other people like me to help me out. Not in a short term, but in the long.

I believe in using what is given or comes to you. Serendipitous signs and symbolism! The only things I've ever called upon for assistance were the elements (basic 4) I'm pretty tied to my native american and gypsy heritages
Madame Alexander

Calicifer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Calicifer »

Lol, indeed, my life should become more chaotic because of that, but I did not truly went so far into this road. Partly because my books kept getting lost then I tried to order them... That I did is to take very basis on this subject and begun practicing it from simple things such as breathing and poses. Later it evolves into more serious things, but it's designed to build upon basics.

Well, a person's character defines that he/she will be studying or in this case, that kind of magick it will be interested in. I on the other hand, brought down our cultural, moral and any intellectual ties. We had liberated ourselves from our heritage and evaluated everything despite of who we are or that we were supposed to study. I had thrown away pretension at modesty and goodness and from this I had defined ourselves anew.

Calicifer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Calicifer »

Hmmm, so how are the elements for you? I never tried them since I usually end up with...interesting stance with those entities.

MadameAlexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

I wouldn't be so persistent on a source of magick or beliefs if it was such a struggle to become part of it,you're more persistent than I am lol!

I think ones Path should come naturally to them, bring peace, order, and enlightenment into their life and being
Madame Alexander

Calicifer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Calicifer »

Indeed, path comes naturally to a person, but occult is not something which gives your peace by default. It might enchant it, but it's just another layer of reality for you to worry about. It just adds additional risks that you might face it and if you want peaceful life, you better turn back and never look to magick again, because then you will start meddling into it, you will light up like a beacon to supernatural entities. Most people start seeing them around themselves and while those critters are mostly harmless, you are safe just because you did not attracted attention of something bigger.

I had made a choice multiple times. I remember, I felt somebody pressing upon my mind, creating fear by showing possibilities and challenges of the future. Force of these emotional blows forced me to tremble and to even cry, but despite this, I made my decision long ago to press forwards and to face any adversity with sheer dedication. I had sealed my faith my renouncing my Christian faith and by accepting occult. With time, entities did contacted me and for sure saw me, desired for me.

Also, you do not need to master art if you dislike it. Only to be competent in it. Being able to understand it, how it works and that there is to learn from it are essential. You never know that perspective in life you will need in the future and where you faith will bring you.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

MadameAlexander wrote: I wiki'd it [happy]

How did you get into it?
Back almost a year ago when I first came here I was just dabbler. But I wanted to study seriously. So I came here and asked people to guide me as a complete novice. A few great people recommended IIH to me it. As I said I do and tried some other things along the way, but as time goes on Hermeticism really feels like what I've been searching for a long time.

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

Hi Madame! Welcome! [wink]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

MadameAlexander wrote:
Clockwork_Ghost wrote:Hi there, welcome to the forum. [grin]
Thank you! What about you? What do you study?
Everything [grin] Over the last thirty years I've covered a massive range of paradigms, but I mostly focus on Demonolatry. I would call myself a chaos magician as I pick and choose, and have been known to use a carrot for a wand at times, but mostly I work with my patrons.

Calicifer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Calicifer »

Maybe you could share your opinion for a new guys from where to begin? :)

Return to “Introductions”