Hello! New here- Gurdjieff, Magick and esoterica

Announce your presence, if you will.

Hypnoccultist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hello! New here- Gurdjieff, Magick and esoterica

Post by Hypnoccultist »

Hey everyone. I'm new here looking to meet people and expand my knowledge in the occult and esoteric work. I've been everywhere from Buddhism, to Islam to Christianity to esoteric work. I don't know if this is the right place or if you guys might know much about it but I'd be interested in chatting about the cross over of the Gurdjieff work and how it applies to Thelma. As it is now, I'm looking to expand my work to ceremonial magic, I can't help but notice so many similarities between my previous practice of the Gurdjieff work and Crowely's system of Thelma. I'd be more than happy to fill you in on what the work is about if your'e unfamiliar with it. I'd also like to learn ways of putting ceremonial magick in to practice. So far I've started reading kabbalah magic and the great work of self-transformation by lyam thomas christopher as well as the satanic bible.
Anyway, Thought I'd introduce myself and see what synchronicity would provide. Thanks for reading!

Matrozs
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Hello! New here- Gurdjieff, Magick and esoterica

Post by Matrozs »

Welcome .
Since you mentioned Islam , were you initiated into a Sufi order?
Vjalár mekrum wyrd hrywn.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Hypnoccultist wrote: I can't help but notice so many similarities between my previous practice of the Gurdjieff work and Crowely's system of Thelma
That's not so surprised considering that they read each others books, lived in (roughly) the same time period), knew some of the same people and Crowley even lived with Gurdjieff for a short period of time.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Hi and welcome to the forum. [grin]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Return to “Introductions”