Could someone help me.

Announce your presence, if you will.

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Could someone help me.

Post by Daud »

Napoli wrote:
Daud wrote:In reality they are not, nothing is.

All phenomenon is empty. All sense of self is deluded, attachment to external phenomenon and deluded sense of self causes suffering. The way to eradicate these delusions is to see them for what they are by analysing and controlling the mind.
How can I be happy if I don't exist [tongue] ?
Emptiness isn't non-existence.
As it says in the heart sutra, Avalokiteshvara spontaneously realises that all 5 skhandas are equally empty... Empty of what?

Seperate, self sustained meaning and existence. This doesn't mean that things don't exist, what this means is that everything that does exist is in fact only one thing... Consciousness. Meditate on emptiness to connect yourself with pure awareness and consciousness.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

I am practising mindfulness meditation. But it has yet to help me control my emotions. As I have said before it does not do me any good if I push aside the thoughts. Maybe I need more practice? I have been off my bipolar medications for five months. This is because of its nasty side-effects and the fact that I found no difference while taking them. If you ask me my mindfulness exercise is not doing much. I prefer to divert my attention doing mundane stuff which I find to be more effective. Sometimes I truly need to release my emotions and I try my best to do without harming myself (during my bouts of depression). It is something I have to live with my whole life and I always try to not let it hinder my well-being.

As for those exercises that requires me to go within, I won't go for it unless I am in a better state than now and certainly not without a teacher. At the moment I am working on mastering the basics and taking care of myself.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

It's always best to do both. Unfortunately, it's not a quick fix. It takes time to develop any skill and containing a rampant mind is never easy. Try to not think of it like a chore and just relax into it.

Make sure you do stuff that you enjoy in the meantime as well, don't deprive yourself of good things. Just because things are empty of seperate existence doesn't mean they can't be fun.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Nahemah wrote: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/th ... s-practice
...A core aspect of practicing mindfulness is to attempt a withdrawal from the streams of thought that have to do with current challenges of every form, whether they have to do with difficulties with a particular relationship or the tasks that one has to perform on that day. Unfortunately, such a withdrawal supports our natural, hard-wired tendency to be “cognitive misers” leading mindfulness practitioners to use the practice as a means of escape from having to think about difficult problems and arrive at reasonable solutions. Psychiatrist David Brendel summarizes this danger of mindfulness practice as follows:

“Some people use mindfulness strategies to avoid critical thinking tasks. I’ve worked with clients who, instead of rationally thinking through a career challenge or ethical dilemma, prefer to disconnect from their challenges and retreat into a meditative mindset.”
...These included reports of depersonalization (feeling detached from one’s mental processes or body), psychosis (loss of contact with reality) with delusions, hallucinations, and disorganized speech, feelings of anxiety, an increased risk of seizures, loss of appetite, and insomnia. The authors especially cautioned vulnerable people such as those with PTSD to be particularly careful when undertaking mindfulness practice. Their main point was that participants should be screened carefully for their suitability before undertaking this practice, and its teachers should be properly trained and supervised....
We do sometimes get folk coming here who've experienced psychotic breaks through practices which they should not have rushed into, with classic forms of meditation and chakra work seeming to be the most prevalent for this recently, but there have been other causes too.

More later.
One thing that bugs me about that article is it doesn't differentiate between mindfulness and meditation. At the beginning of TFA they discuss meditation and call it mindfulness. I think it is important to differentiate between them else the whole article becomes confusing. Usually meditation is only done for a certain amount of time in a more restful mode. Mindfulness is something you do all the time. They both have to be done together or not at all otherwise FAIL.

I do see the PTSD thing maybe why you referred to it. If only we had a better written article.

We should write it ourselves as discussed in this OF thread [What do you want to see more of in 2017???]:
http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 28&t=40161

Even Daniel Ingram's MTCB doesn't discuss any specific caveats for certain mental ills.

Sometimes I wonder if we're putting the brakes on too much. I feel like I have a secret I can't share with anybody.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

To the original poster, it does seem that you have schizophrenia. I have heard people experience good results by taking certain medications prescribed for schizophrenia. I think if you can get these medications to help quiet the voices in your head, you can then begin to heal further.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

Don't expect anything from anyone.
Forums are worng places to look for any kind of help - forums are just an entertainment.
You may get inaccurate information or advice that may be harmful to you.
Only Lovers Left Alive

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

To be blunt, sounds like your overuse of drugs has fucked you up.

Desecrated has made many good points - its likely that the drug use has done damage to physical, mental and maybe even spiritual form.

You need to focus on getting your body and mental state back to healthy before pursuing anything occult, or you could encounter much worse in form of nasty destructive parasites.

You can try using meditation to stabilise and rebalance your mental state, combined with maybe some sort of physical exercise to help the recovery. It can be difficult to exercise if you are fatigued mentally, but if you are physically fit enough to do some id recommend it.
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

Return to “Introductions”