Announce your presence, if you will.

Amon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Happy Fiery new year :)

Post by Amon »

Hey guys and gals,

I'm Ced, from Belgium, living in Japan.
I'm a holistic healer and have stumbled upon chaos magick a few months ago.

Last week, I took a day off to sit down and do whole day of Chaos Magick customisation to my own needs,
But shockingly, I found myself blocked, intellectually paralyzed all day, and would just zone out into daydreaming loops, or get distracted by whatever entered my awareness.

I'm a gemini (31/5/78) and I have recently been convinced I have some degree of adult form of ADD, and so often I would start something (I'm not that interested in) and would feel the procrastination and resistance build in slowly. But this time was different: it totally disarmed my brain for over 7 hours.

Have you guys ever had that level of block, and if yes is it an ego-afraid-of-change thing, or something else?

I thought my ego and I were pretty much on the same wavelength these days, but I guess never say never(more).

I have zero background in Magic(k), and my fields are more chikung, chakra stuff and generally asian/newage modalities.

I got interested in Chaos Magick because of concepts like hypersigils and the idea that I can use my ipad to add multiple layers of personalisation to my glyphs.

A friend suggested me to work with Jophiel and Chesed, which I've been doing, but I was wondering whether you guy would be advising ramming through the issue, or letting it flow at its own pace.

Anyhow,

A good week to all :)
Fais ce qu'il te plait...

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Happy Fiery new year :)

Post by Napoli »

Hello Amon. Welcome to OF [yay] !

By the way, I love Japan [happy] .
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Hey Amon :)

Sadly I can't help you with the Chaos Magic stuff, since it isn't my thing, but it'll be good to have some more input on conversations about qigong and energy work.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Amon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amon »

Hi there :)

Thanks for the welcome :)

RedMage
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RedMage »

Welcome Amon :)

I have some familiarity with chaos magick, I might be able to point you in the direction of some videos or books that may be of assistance to you. Kelly Anne Maddox on youtube has some great videos on chaos magick I've found quite helpful to my development. Austin Osman Spare is considered highly reputable, as are the authors Peter J. Carroll and Phil Hine, in regards to the subject of chaos magick. Personally, I'm getting back into these books so as far as how much I can recommend them, I'm still learning, but they are popular choices. I suggest the video on youtube titled "6 Principles of Chaos Magick" by Kelly Anne Maddox.

I myself struggle with ADD, and other factors. I tend to idle too much and on a day to day basis, I don't do as much as I'd like. I just tend to hold myself back with a "why bother" attitude. I'm working on it, and as far as magickal practices I've been doing what I need to do to feel regulated, at least, somewhat. But I sympathize with this idea that we as a people procrastinate too much, and can always do more.

I find I'm most productive when it comes naturally to me. I can sit idly for a few hours reading, or really get to work and have an inner fire :) But then again, pushing through the idleness might be what's best.

Best wishes to you in this New Year. :D

Amon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amon »

Hey Redmage,

Thanks for the info.

Funny you should mention Kelly-Ann, cause I just found her huge youtube mine about 2 weeks ago, and ordered a private skype session within hours of watching her stuff.

Only issue is, there's been no feedback whatsoever after payment confirmation, no scheduling interface or acknowledgment of the order. And she is IS posting on her FB page, so I'm currently assuming she's either swamped with clients or going through something in her life.

But hey, gives me time to go through her gazillion vids lol

Back to my original issue, I'm usually a "flowing" person, which has severe limitations in terms of productivity so far in my life, which is exactly why I felt that Chaos Magick would, ironically, provide some structure to my flow. That's precisely where I encouter resistance, in that paradoxical moment.

RedMage
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RedMage »

Amon,

One of the reasons I liked Kelly -Ann is her attitude towards magick, that it should not be stagnant, or a chore. Become liberated with it, have fun, learn as much as you can tolerate but don't forget to experiment. She said that rituals should not be too formula based or tired if that's not your thing :)

Chaos magick indeed is structured, ironically for the name it has. As I understand, and by noting it down in journals, it seems that the structure is more likened to the experiments you'd see scientists do, to test what works for you. Do what you need to achieve your results then keep building and refining your technique. Chaos magick isn't necessarily about anarchy or being disruptive. It's about flexibility.

I'd say it's more balanced than anything, and suitable for one who is looking for a middle ground between structure and flow.

Another good video from Kelly -Ann is "144. Chaos Magick/ Daily Practice/ Divine Masculinity".

Transcendental Witch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Transcendental Witch »

Hi Amon! I'm new on the forum too. I haven't been to Japan yet, but I'm looking forward to visiting (and getting Sailor Moon everything!)

I second the suggestion of Kelly-Ann Maddox. She is amazing. She's probably swamped with readings, but I'm sure she'll get back to you. I'm reading Phil Hine's Condensed Chaos and I highly recommend. I haven't read Carroll yet.

I would also add Psycho Sorcerer on YouTube as well as Mindandmagick. I'm just watching mindandmagick's "mystery school" playlist.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Hi and welcome to the forum. [grin]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Welcome!

Return to “Introductions”