Heretical Roman Catholic interested in the occult here!

Announce your presence, if you will.

LaxCalvinist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Heretical Roman Catholic interested in the occult here!

Post by LaxCalvinist »

I was raised Roman Catholic but last year I began to search around for a new religion after being disappointed with the politics in the Vatican. I initially went Calvinist but the many extreme fundamentalist and often bigoted members of this denomination turned me off. I searched out various faiths and had conversations with various different priests (or whatever is the closest equivalent) during the last 6 months. In my home library, I have copies of the KJV Bible, Book or Mormon, and the Quran all which I received from several organizations and I purchased over 20 holy texts on my Amazon Kindle account since Jan of this year. I also amassed a collection of divinatory tools earlier this fall including but not limited to a Ouija board, a shofar, crystal ball, hamsa amulet, crystal pendulum, and last week a Jeanne D'Arc statue.

I'm learning various different Eastern and Wiccan practises atm including witchcraft, transcendental meditation, yoga, sorcery, divinatory methods, mushin, and feng shui. Also I started learning Latin and Japanese partially for spiritual reasons and I hope I can follow up next year with Arabic, Hebrew, Greek and maybe even Hindi. My interest has gotten so big into the paranormal I want to go Ghost hunting and on investigations soon (hopefully see a real demon or exorcism). I still have a fondness for the Roman Catholic tradition and sleep with a rosary on my bedpost, listen to Gregorian Chant music daily, say Romanist prayers before bed, and try to pray the rosary weekly. I simply love Romanist art and architecture.

So far I haven't made up my mind what new faith I will convert to and have decided just to play around the various tradition. My hobbies beyond the occultic subjects are gaming, weightlifting, car racing (well cars in general), culinary arts, discus throwing, anime, and comics. I hope sorcery can help me find a job as a court stenographer and communicate with the dead.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Heretical Roman Catholic interested in the occult here!

Post by Rin »

Welcome, and good luck with your spiritual search :)
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

Greetings!
I like your intro.
Only Lovers Left Alive

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Hi and welcome to the forum. [cool]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Return to “Introductions”