Heelloooo

Announce your presence, if you will.

Harvester
Forum Member
Forum Member

Heelloooo

Post by Harvester »

I should've started here but I've had other things on my mind [neutral3]

Greetings! I'm Aalen/Harvester/Copper. I'm a girl/woman from south america.
I am new to occult studies. I started last year and decided to dedicate more time to them since.
Any books/material you'd recommend I start with? Blogs also appreciated!

As a sidenote, share your music with me! [yay]
I'm mostly into metal/folk but I dig other genres as well.
I am here.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Heelloooo

Post by Napoli »

Hi Harvester. Welcome to OF [yay] .

Did you listen to Nightwish and Deathstars?
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoneWolf »

Welcome girl/woman from SA. I hope you find what you seek.

That signature of yours is precisely what my alarm displays to me. Funny.

Cheers

Harvester
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Harvester »

Napoli wrote:Hi Harvester. Welcome to OF [yay] .

Did you listen to Nightwish and Deathstars?
Cheers Napoli! Thank you!
I dig Nightwish! Although I really miss Tarja's voice.
I haven't heard of Deathstars, any songs you recommend from them?
I am here.

Harvester
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Harvester »

LoneWolf wrote:Welcome girl/woman from SA. I hope you find what you seek.

That signature of yours is precisely what my alarm displays to me. Funny.

Cheers
Cheers and thank you, LoneWolf!
Likewise I hope your search is successful.

Blast! What are the odds?
That's an interesting coincidence.
I am here.

Mr. Fenrir
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mr. Fenrir »

Hi Harvester!

If you are a complete beginner you could try Franz Bardon's works starting with "Initiation into Hermetics" as it is relatively easy. I can send a link to it if you are interested.

Harvester
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Harvester »

Mr. Fenrir wrote:Hi Harvester!

If you are a complete beginner you could try Franz Bardon's works starting with "Initiation into Hermetics" as it is relatively easy. I can send a link to it if you are interested.
Hello Mr. Fenrir!

Yes I'm pretty much starting from 0.
I've heard of Bardon's works but hadn't looked into them- Yes please send a link! I'm already pumped [yay]
I am here.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Harvester wrote:I haven't heard of Deathstars, any songs you recommend from them?
Synthetic Generation and Death Dies Hard.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Mr. Fenrir
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mr. Fenrir »

Harvester wrote:
Mr. Fenrir wrote:Hi Harvester!

Hello Mr. Fenrir!

Yes I'm pretty much starting from 0.
I've heard of Bardon's works but hadn't looked into them- Yes please send a link! I'm already pumped [yay]
Here, you can get a lot of other free books on this site too.

https://issuu.com/astroamershah/docs/fr ... _into_herm

Harvester
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Harvester »

Napoli wrote:
Harvester wrote:I haven't heard of Deathstars, any songs you recommend from them?
Synthetic Generation and Death Dies Hard.
I dig it! I think Synthetic Generation hit closer than Death Dies Hard symphonically, but they both have catchy instrumentals.
Thank you for sharing! :D
I am here.

Harvester
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Harvester »

Mr. Fenrir wrote: Here, you can get a lot of other free books on this site too.

Thanks Fenrir! I skimmed through and got a .pdf
Do you mind if I ask you for more books once I finish it? [blush]
I am here.

Mr. Fenrir
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mr. Fenrir »

Harvester wrote:
Mr. Fenrir wrote: Here, you can get a lot of other free books on this site too.

Thanks Fenrir! I skimmed through and got a .pdf
Do you mind if I ask you for more books once I finish it? [blush]
The magus of java:

https://issuu.com/jonvee/docs/the_magus ... hentic_tao

The practice of magical evocation:

https://issuu.com/grupodeestudosfernand ... vocation-b

The key to true qaballah:

https://issuu.com/astroamershah/docs/fr ... 6a0e42d63f

I also put it in learning order, if you have problems PM me.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Greetings and welcome!

Not alot I can recommend at this time in ways of Occult books that would help you out, though the Ars Vercanus is a good one if you can get it (I got my copy on Amazon). It says for advanced practices, but I didn't find too much that would necessarily be too difficult once you learned the core concepts which is explained in the book... plus it has a very good guide to the energetic body and the three major etheric centers that I haven't really come across in other books! Not that I'm well read in alot of them, but still interesting to read on ;)

As for music... what type of metal do you like?

I see you like Nightwish, you may like the band Visions of Atlantis. Their Trinity album and Ethera album is very good, I recommend the songs Through My Eyes and Tlaloc's Grace personally.

Blind Guardian is always a good choice. The Bard's Song:In the Forest, Skulds and Shadows, Theatre of Pain, and Bright Eyes are all good songs, plus so many others.

I have plenty more bands depending on what you usually like ;)
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Harvester
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Harvester »

Caerdon wrote:Greetings and welcome!

Not alot I can recommend at this time in ways of Occult books that would help you out, though the Ars Vercanus is a good one if you can get it (I got my copy on Amazon). It says for advanced practices, but I didn't find too much that would necessarily be too difficult once you learned the core concepts which is explained in the book... plus it has a very good guide to the energetic body and the three major etheric centers that I haven't really come across in other books! Not that I'm well read in alot of them, but still interesting to read on ;)

I see you like Nightwish, you may like the band Visions of Atlantis. Their Trinity album and Ethera album is very good, I recommend the songs Through My Eyes and Tlaloc's Grace personally.

Blind Guardian is always a good choice. The Bard's Song:In the Forest, Skulds and Shadows, Theatre of Pain, and Bright Eyes are all good songs, plus so many others.

Hello and thank you Caerdon!
It seems a bit advanced for me but I'll pick it up at a later time, thanks for recommending it! [grin]

Metal.. well I'm not stuck to a genre but I often swing between folk/black/prog/power. How about you?

I'll check them out- also Blind Guardian is one of my favourite bands of all time. My brother introduced me into metal with them- Though I dig all their albums and don't want to pick a fav song Wheel of Time is a song I keep going back to ♡

Do share! Also thank you for dropping by and sorry for replying late haha [crazy]
I am here.

Gate
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gate »

Welcome Harvester, what do you enjoy most from what you have already tried?

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Harvester wrote:
Caerdon wrote:Greetings and welcome!

Hello and thank you Caerdon!
It seems a bit advanced for me but I'll pick it up at a later time, thanks for recommending it! [grin]

Metal.. well I'm not stuck to a genre but I often swing between folk/black/prog/power. How about you?

I'll check them out- also Blind Guardian is one of my favourite bands of all time. My brother introduced me into metal with them- Though I dig all their albums and don't want to pick a fav song Wheel of Time is a song I keep going back to ♡

Do share! Also thank you for dropping by and sorry for replying late haha [crazy]
Ah, if you like Blind Guardian, have you ever heard of the band Demon's and Wizards?If not, definitely check them out ;) I do agree, Wheel of Time is an amazing song! I always return to Blind Eyes or Theater of Pain myself. Actually, their whole Somewhere Far Behind album is just a good listen.
I'm more of a Heavy/Prog/Power/symphonic metal fan for the most part, though I dabble in just about all types in one way or another.

Other than that, some other bands you may like are Iced Earth, Labyrinth, Symphony X, Pain of Salvation, Elven King, Highlord (I highly recommend their earlier stuff such as Heir to Power, When the Aurora Falls, and Breath of Eternity. Medusa's Coil is quite good as well. Haven't kept up on their newer stuff though). Kamelot is a good band, and you will probably enjoy Ayreon.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Return to “Introductions”