Hi!

Announce your presence, if you will.

Amavisso
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hi!

Post by Amavisso »

Hi!

I am Amavisso and I am a long time practitioner of Magic, I have done a lot of research and investigations in various traditions. I am very open-minded and I try to not limit myself by some dogmas. My sphere of interest includes Astrology (I adore Jyotish), Nigromancy (old term for Practical Magic, it is not the same as Necromancy, and it doesn't necessarily mean Black Magic - also I don't divide Magic on Black and White), Alchemy.

I am open to any questions and any chat (especially with serious practitioners or researchers of Alchemy, but I am afraid I am a bit lonely in this regard, because a lot of people look at Alchemy as something Jungian, or something entirely psychological and don't try to dig a bit deeper).

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Hi!

Post by chowderpope »

Hi there.

I'm assuming you're not interested in using alchemy to turn excrement into gold. Do you think you can transform something more subtle than the mind with alchemy?
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Amavisso
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amavisso »

chowderpope wrote:Hi there.

I'm assuming you're not interested in using alchemy to turn excrement into gold. Do you think you can transform something more subtle than the mind with alchemy?
I am against looking at Occult Arts as some kind of psychological derivatives altogether. Research and experience show that there is much more to Alchemy than investigation of one's inner subjective world. There are different levels of "subtlety" of materia, so if you look at mind as having a real yet unperceivable (for normal eye) physical manifestation, then I might answer your question positively. However, I don't see anything bad in researching of transformation processes in more "crude" materia. Body, Soul and Spirit are always together, even if one of them isn't clearly perceivable.

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoneWolf »

Amavisso wrote: I am against looking at Occult Arts as some kind of psychological derivatives altogether. Research and experience show that there is much more to Alchemy than investigation of one's inner subjective world. There are different levels of "subtlety" of materia, so if you look at mind as having a real yet unperceivable (for normal eye) physical manifestation, then I might answer your question positively. However, I don't see anything bad in researching of transformation processes in more "crude" materia. Body, Soul and Spirit are always together, even if one of them isn't clearly perceivable.
Amen brother. Be very welcome.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

While I agree that there is a physical alchemy that we now call science, I have to raise an eyebrow when you say that spiritual alchemy is of less importance.

Return to “Introductions”