Hello from the O.S.!

Announce your presence, if you will.

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hello from the O.S.!

Post by OrderoftheSerpent »

The Order of the Serpent (O.S.) is an esoteric school of the Western Left Hand Path comprised of unique individuals and philosopher-Magicians, dedicated to the study and practice of Self-Directed Self-Evolution (also known as Xeper, Black Magic, or other terms), and the accumulation and preservation of the knowledge and undefiled wisdom of the Prince of Darkness. The focus of the O.S. is the Individual Self, both as in personal development and the concept or Form of the Individual Self. The O.S. founders believe that we all have individual hidden truths within ourselves, and our goal is to uncover, and ultimately become the perfect manifestation of these truths.

The O.S. is rooted in extreme individualism, and its members are capable of working with a concept and forming their own thoughts, ideas, and understanding of them. Discussion and rational debate is both welcome and encouraged. Those involved are capable of forming their own belief systems, tables of correspondences, tools of initiation, forging their own path. Unlike most other metaphysical ideologies which seek to dissolve the self, subjugate it to questionable beings, or even deny its existence by reducing it to pure matter, the O.S. seeks to increase its own freedom of Mind and Will, and that of others. It recognizes the Self, the one thing each being can truly know exists, as the center of reasoning, as well as central to society. Rather seeing humans as deterministic slaves, fallen beings in need of saving, or creatures meant to serve the State, the Order believes that Self-Actualization at the individual level is the key to human advancement. In a world where humans are little more than statistics, the Order of the Serpent recognizes that all change, as well as all knowledge begins with the individual Self.

Unlike a symbolic occult organization, some sort of statement, or simply a self-help group, the O.S. is an esoteric organization, founded upon the metaphysical position that there is something beyond the simple world of matter and psychology. Whether the creator God of the West, the mindless Nature of materialism, or flowing path of the East, the Order of the Serpent recognizes these as one in the same, an order imposed upon chaos that underlies, creates, and drives the entire cosmos. The difference with the Esoteric Western Left Hand Path, the O.S. included, is that we do not accept that this order is complete, wholly deterministic, or even necessarily “good.” It is what leads to cancer and depression, starvation and war, whether it allows this to happen, determines it, or is un-intelligent and cannot do otherwise. In the individual though, we have free will, the ability to go against this Natural Order or malevolent God. This ability has been demonized, described as an illusion, or even completely ignored specifically because it can go against Nature/God, which is why “self-directed self-evolution” has been associated with “black magic” for so long in Western society.

More specifically, the Order of the Serpent is founded in its own metaphysical view of Neo-Platonism. The founders accept the objective existence of the Realm of Forms, which is separated into Simple Forms (which cannot partake in themselves, such as “Pointedness), and Complex Forms (which partake in themselves, such as consciousness or knowledge). The Complex Forms, being abstract, necessary, non-spacial, non-temporal, and so forth, yet also conscious, self-aware, and knowledgeable, are indistinguishable from traditional polytheistic gods. Indeed, “gods” are more simply seen as a perversion of Complex Forms, a misunderstanding. While there is no central “god-head” within the Order, there is a certain henotheistic focus on Forms of Consciousness, Inspiration, Art, Intoxication, Self-Awareness, Knowledge, and so forth.

The name for the Order of the Serpent comes from the Northern Circumpolar Stars, specifically the massive constellation Draco, which never sets below the horizon. To the earliest human religions, these were seen as being free from the cycle of the moon, sun, planets, and even constellations and stars. Separate from the ebb and flow of Nature/”God”, those associated with the Imperishable Stars were free to permanently exist, to forge their own path free from such cycles. It was only later on that world religion began to dissolve into its current Solar form. The Order of the Serpent hopes to remanifest this ancient, Pre-Solar metaphysics in the modern day - within the 21st century.

The insignia of the Order is a pentagram, representing that point of inner-consciousness where the individual Self exists. The pentagram is within a circle representing the physical shell of the Self, but the points of the pentagram do not touch this circle, symbolizing the continued separation between Self and Body. The separation of the metaphysical (pentagram) from the physical (circle) as elements independent and distinct from one another. Stemming from this pentagram are five symbols, from Norse, Sumerian, Egyptian, Chinese, and an ouroboros as a stylized O. It is meant to represent the diversity of interests within the O.S., we are not simply a Setian, Thelemic, Asatru, Hermetic, Luciferian/Satanic, or any single approach, but a place for such individuals to help each other grow, and help share useful information.

The Order of the Serpent provides such resources currently as the Library of the Ancient Serpent, the O.S. forums, and the Order newsletter "The Imperishable Star". The forum is meant to provide a Left Hand Path online community focused on rational, esoteric discussion. The Imperishable Star provides essays written by members in order to share esoteric knowledge with the outside world. Both are open and free to all.

For more info you can visit our site, though I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post to other forums yet. Please feel free to ask any questions :).
"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

Cerber

Re: Hello from the O.S.!

Post by Cerber »

Welcome.
But, while reading your introduction, I did experienced an incident of immense confusion. Hopefully you can clarify that, so I can get a good nights sleep later tonight.
You stated, rather strongly, "The O.S. is rooted in extreme individualism", and yet you are here doing marketing, advertising and promoting that group, organisation, cult. Forgive me my ignorance, but that doesn't seem to be very individualistic at all.
You left me terribly confused [oh]

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

I suppose I myself am now confused, specifically on how sharing different paradigms violate individuality or constitutes as marketing? How can a group with no income even market? What offends you specifically about open source LHP esotericism?
"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

OrderoftheSerpent wrote:I suppose I myself am now confused, specifically on how sharing different paradigms violate individuality or constitutes as marketing? How can a group with no income even market? What offends you specifically about open source LHP esotericism?
I wasn't offended before, not sure about now though. Your aggressively defensive response offends me [cry] All I wanted was some clarification [confused]
There is difference when you share "different" paradigms as individual and as a representative of some organisation, isn't it? It is according to my code..

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

How old is the organization?
How many members do you have?
How does one become a member?
Is Stephen Flowers involved?

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Desecrated wrote: Is Stephen Flowers involved?
Friend of yours?

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

Cerber wrote:
OrderoftheSerpent wrote:I suppose I myself am now confused, specifically on how sharing different paradigms violate individuality or constitutes as marketing? How can a group with no income even market? What offends you specifically about open source LHP esotericism?
I wasn't offended before, not sure about now though. Your aggressively defensive response offends me [cry] All I wanted was some clarification [confused]
There is difference when you share "different" paradigms as individual and as a representative of some organisation, isn't it? It is according to my code..
I do apologize for being overly aggressive, I misinterpreted your post I suppose. Let's start fresh, with hugs and laughter!
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

Desecrated wrote:How old is the organization?
How many members do you have?
How does one become a member?
Is Stephen Flowers involved?
The organization has been around since the the winter solstice last year, and was officially consecrated on May 1st, 2017. We have a small circle of members at this current time. To become a member one simply needs to get into email communication with myself and the other founders, at [email protected] . We just like to have a short chat, then that "application" is simply a work on an esoteric topic of your choosing. We have had personal initiation stories, ONA essays, comparative mythology essays, and more. Many of these can be read in our newsletter, The Imperishable Star, which can be found here: http://orderoftheserpent.org/star.html

We are not associated with Dr. Flowers, though do recommend many of his works. He is a great inspiration to me personally. That quote in my sig simply is something I heard in a KHPR podcast that resonated with me deeply.
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

OrderoftheSerpent wrote:The Order of the Serpent (O.S.) is an esoteric school of the Western Left Hand Path comprised of unique individuals and philosopher-Magicians, dedicated to the study and practice of Self-Directed Self-Evolution (also known as Xeper, Black Magic, or other terms), and the accumulation and preservation of the knowledge and undefiled wisdom of the Prince of Darkness. The focus of the O.S. is the Individual Self, both as in personal development and the concept or Form of the Individual Self. The O.S. founders believe that we all have individual hidden truths within ourselves, and our goal is to uncover, and ultimately become the perfect manifestation of these truths.

The O.S. is rooted in extreme individualism, and its members are capable of working with a concept and forming their own thoughts, ideas, and understanding of them. Discussion and rational debate is both welcome and encouraged. Those involved are capable of forming their own belief systems, tables of correspondences, tools of initiation, forging their own path. Unlike most other metaphysical ideologies which seek to dissolve the self, subjugate it to questionable beings, or even deny its existence by reducing it to pure matter, the O.S. seeks to increase its own freedom of Mind and Will, and that of others. It recognizes the Self, the one thing each being can truly know exists, as the center of reasoning, as well as central to society. Rather seeing humans as deterministic slaves, fallen beings in need of saving, or creatures meant to serve the State, the Order believes that Self-Actualization at the individual level is the key to human advancement. In a world where humans are little more than statistics, the Order of the Serpent recognizes that all change, as well as all knowledge begins with the individual Self.

Unlike a symbolic occult organization, some sort of statement, or simply a self-help group, the O.S. is an esoteric organization, founded upon the metaphysical position that there is something beyond the simple world of matter and psychology. Whether the creator God of the West, the mindless Nature of materialism, or flowing path of the East, the Order of the Serpent recognizes these as one in the same, an order imposed upon chaos that underlies, creates, and drives the entire cosmos. The difference with the Esoteric Western Left Hand Path, the O.S. included, is that we do not accept that this order is complete, wholly deterministic, or even necessarily “good.” It is what leads to cancer and depression, starvation and war, whether it allows this to happen, determines it, or is un-intelligent and cannot do otherwise. In the individual though, we have free will, the ability to go against this Natural Order or malevolent God. This ability has been demonized, described as an illusion, or even completely ignored specifically because it can go against Nature/God, which is why “self-directed self-evolution” has been associated with “black magic” for so long in Western society.

More specifically, the Order of the Serpent is founded in its own metaphysical view of Neo-Platonism. The founders accept the objective existence of the Realm of Forms, which is separated into Simple Forms (which cannot partake in themselves, such as “Pointedness), and Complex Forms (which partake in themselves, such as consciousness or knowledge). The Complex Forms, being abstract, necessary, non-spacial, non-temporal, and so forth, yet also conscious, self-aware, and knowledgeable, are indistinguishable from traditional polytheistic gods. Indeed, “gods” are more simply seen as a perversion of Complex Forms, a misunderstanding. While there is no central “god-head” within the Order, there is a certain henotheistic focus on Forms of Consciousness, Inspiration, Art, Intoxication, Self-Awareness, Knowledge, and so forth.

The name for the Order of the Serpent comes from the Northern Circumpolar Stars, specifically the massive constellation Draco, which never sets below the horizon. To the earliest human religions, these were seen as being free from the cycle of the moon, sun, planets, and even constellations and stars. Separate from the ebb and flow of Nature/”God”, those associated with the Imperishable Stars were free to permanently exist, to forge their own path free from such cycles. It was only later on that world religion began to dissolve into its current Solar form. The Order of the Serpent hopes to remanifest this ancient, Pre-Solar metaphysics in the modern day - within the 21st century.

The insignia of the Order is a pentagram, representing that point of inner-consciousness where the individual Self exists. The pentagram is within a circle representing the physical shell of the Self, but the points of the pentagram do not touch this circle, symbolizing the continued separation between Self and Body. The separation of the metaphysical (pentagram) from the physical (circle) as elements independent and distinct from one another. Stemming from this pentagram are five symbols, from Norse, Sumerian, Egyptian, Chinese, and an ouroboros as a stylized O. It is meant to represent the diversity of interests within the O.S., we are not simply a Setian, Thelemic, Asatru, Hermetic, Luciferian/Satanic, or any single approach, but a place for such individuals to help each other grow, and help share useful information.

The Order of the Serpent provides such resources currently as the Library of the Ancient Serpent, the O.S. forums, and the Order newsletter "The Imperishable Star". The forum is meant to provide a Left Hand Path online community focused on rational, esoteric discussion. The Imperishable Star provides essays written by members in order to share esoteric knowledge with the outside world. Both are open and free to all.

For more info you can visit our site, though I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post to other forums yet. Please feel free to ask any questions :).
Just looking at your website,forum and newsletter.So far I have found nothing that would generally be considered 'Black Maglc' unless I accept your definitions of the term.But I will keep on looking.
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

violetstar wrote:
OrderoftheSerpent wrote:The Order of the Serpent (O.S.) is an esoteric school of the Western Left Hand Path comprised of unique individuals and philosopher-Magicians, dedicated to the study and practice of Self-Directed Self-Evolution (also known as Xeper, Black Magic, or other terms), and the accumulation and preservation of the knowledge and undefiled wisdom of the Prince of Darkness. The focus of the O.S. is the Individual Self, both as in personal development and the concept or Form of the Individual Self. The O.S. founders believe that we all have individual hidden truths within ourselves, and our goal is to uncover, and ultimately become the perfect manifestation of these truths.

Just looking at your website,forum and newsletter.So far I have found nothing that would generally be considered 'Black Maglc' unless I accept your definitions of the term.But I will keep on looking.
We call it "self-directed self-evolution," a secular and practical terminology. It has simply been called black magic by outside sources because most of those sources demonize the self and its power. This individual power is precisely why certain religions seem to ban magic. "Black magic," in other words, is a propaganda term.
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

"Black magic," in other words, is a propaganda term.

Then why employ it to describe your system?

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

violetstar wrote:"Black magic," in other words, is a propaganda term.

Then why employ it to describe your system?
We do not.
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

From your website:

The Order of the Serpent (O.S.) is an esoteric School of the Left Hand Path, comprised of philosopher Magicians dedicated to the study and practice of Black Magic,

Please explain.

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

violetstar wrote:From your website:

The Order of the Serpent (O.S.) is an esoteric School of the Left Hand Path, comprised of philosopher Magicians dedicated to the study and practice of Black Magic,

Please explain.
Please do not misquote.

"dedicated to the study and practice of Self-Directed Self-Evolution (also known as Xeper, Black Magic, or other terms)"
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

OrderoftheSerpent wrote:

Please explain.
Please do not misquote.

"dedicated to the study and practice of Self-Directed Self-Evolution (also known as Xeper, Black Magic, or other terms)"
I see you are having trouble navigating your own realm. I'll help you:
About
The Order of the Serpent (O.S.) is an esoteric School of the Left Hand Path, comprised of philosopher Magicians dedicated to the study and practice of Black Magic, and to the accumulation and preservation of the knowledge of the Prince of Darkness and the occult arts.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-07-07_23-24-37.png

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Let me know if anything else I can help you with. Helping others is the purpose of my existence.

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

OrderoftheSerpent wrote:

Please explain.
Please do not misquote.

Misquote?? I copied and pasted DIRECT from your site.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

if only I could turn back time..

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

Ah the about section has not been updated, that's interesting. There is a reason that I posted this specific version here instead of linking to the site, but that;s probably a bit complex. We're undergoing numerous changes now including the insignia change and statement change, so there are bound to be issues. However, as I already clarified in this thread, black magic is a propoganda-based term, likely from the same time "LHP" was being associated with evil. The current posted version of the statement is the updated version, which is kinda why I posted it and clarified it.
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

Video wont play!

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

Haha thanks for pointing that out, I have let our website wizard Onyx know about the mistake!
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Cerber wrote:
Desecrated wrote: Is Stephen Flowers involved?
Friend of yours?
No

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

OrderoftheSerpent wrote:For more info you can visit our site, though I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post to other forums yet. Please feel free to ask any questions :).
As an .org we are not a commercial site and this site does not exist to promote others. Please remove references to your site unless they are being cited for a specific content relevant to a discussion.

Will be sending PM with same message to make sure it is received.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

I find it interesting that you take the position that platonic world of forms is to be used to discover individuality as the highest achievement of enlightenment. That is a sort of contradiction. While I am behind you in the pursuit of the individual, the reason the orders that destroy the ego are better, in my view, is because the individual self is simply a doorway, and not the room interior. The groups that acknowledge the truth about Plato also have the pursuit of the self, so really this is an inadequate and unnecessary cult.

OrderoftheSerpent
Forum Member
Forum Member

Stukov wrote:
OrderoftheSerpent wrote:For more info you can visit our site, though I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post to other forums yet. Please feel free to ask any questions :).
As an .org we are not a commercial site and this site does not exist to promote others. Please remove references to your site unless they are being cited for a specific content relevant to a discussion.

Will be sending PM with same message to make sure it is received.
Can you just remove the thread?
- Dr. Stephen E. Flowers

Return to “Introductions”